General Election 2020: Biden vs Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden’s message needs to be he will expand the court if he wins. We’ve had 9 justices for almost a century now. Two seats have now been stolen. It’s time to play fire with fire.

I guess to these people, nothing says “Christian” like killing 200,000 people, supporting dictators who kill your own soldiers, giving involuntary hysterectomies to immigrant women, conspiring with foreign governments to steal elections, disrupting the Postal Service so people can’t vote by mail, and of course, raping and sexually assaulting 20+ women (that we know of).

I guess to these people, nothing says “Christian” like killing 200,000 people, supporting dictators who kill your own soldiers, giving involuntary hysterectomies to immigrant women, conspiring with foreign governments to steal elections, disrupting the Postal Service so people can’t vote by mail, and of course, raping and sexually assaulting 20+ women (that we know of).
At what point is it no longer considered "not Christian", and instead a part of the broad tent that makes up the Christian faith?

Okay. This could be a game-changer for the election.

The Left is quite concerned that Trump will use this vacant seat to unite the Republican party and bring in significant voter turnout.

I'm seeing speculation from MSNBC to Fox, that Trump will likely pick Catholic Conservative Amy Coney Barrett to take up the seat;

Amy Coney Barrett Emerges as Front-Runner for Trump Court Pick

Young, Conservative, Pro-Life, etc.

The Antonin Scalia vacant seat may have given Trump a sizeable boost in the 16' election.

Okay. This could be a game-changer for the election.

The Left is quite concerned that Trump will use this vacant seat to unite the Republican party and bring in significant voter turnout.

I'm seeing speculation from MSNBC to Fox, that Trump will likely pick Catholic Conservative Amy Coney Barrett to take up the seat;

Amy Coney Barrett Emerges as Front-Runner for Trump Court Pick

Young, Conservative, Pro-Life, etc.

The Antonin Scalia vacant seat may have given Trump a sizeable boost in the 16' election.

"Possible", but it could also be a miscalculation pushing this through as it could galvanize the majority of people in this country who are pro-choice and move the needle towards a Dem led senate. Take people like Gardner in Colorado and Collins in Maine (there are others). If they decide to push this through, what does it do for their election chances? I think in those 2 states in particular, it's a killer. In other states, South Carolina for example, it "might" help, but with Graham's words being able to be used against him, he could be facing trouble too (Graham will do it by the way). It could hurt the repubs in North Carolina and other closely contested states also. Murkowski is on record as not being in the fold and I haven't yet heard from Romney. This is not a simple calculation and you appear to be looking at it from a single perspective.

As distasteful and hypocritical as McConnnell is, he's not an idiot. He'll hold a vote, but it remains to be seen if he does it before or after the election. He wants to hang on to the senate and this calculation, not ethical considerations, will be forefront in his mind.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both Tillis and Ernst (both locked in close races) are on the judiciary committee. I believe Tillis has said he's in the fold, but this could hurt.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I wouldn't underestimate McConnell. He's made some smart tactical decisions before.

Perhaps the safest and smartest move is for Trump to announce his choice to take the seat, and use her as a means for political gain leading into the election.

Save the vote on the nominee for post-election.

Agreed, but I wouldn't underestimate McConnell. He's made some smart tactical decisions before.

Perhaps the safest and smartest move is for Trump to announce his choice to take the seat, and use her as a means for political gain leading into the election.

Save the vote on the nominee for post-election.

Yes. I think a post election vote is a real possibility. Being as hypocritical as possible is McConnell's strong suit and, yes, like I said, he's not an idiot. He may be a self serving, political hack, but he's very, very shrewd.

If this doesn't wake up people on the left who are too holy to vote for Biden, nothing will. This isn't just about women's rights. There is a spectrum of issues out there and even "if" Roberts were to concur (as happens on occasion) with the more liberal wing, it won't matter.

Biden also needs to be pushed to compensate for the BS we've had to endure for the last 4 years. The gloves HAVE to come off and start being as ruthless as your opponent. Stop bringing a knife to a gunfight.

"Possible", but it could also be a miscalculation pushing this through as it could galvanize the majority of people in this country who are pro-choice and move the needle towards a Dem led senate. Take people like Gardner in Colorado and Collins in Maine (there are others). If they decide to push this through, what does it do for their election chances? I think in those 2 states in particular, it's a killer. In other states, South Carolina for example, it "might" help, but with Graham's words being able to be used against him, he could be facing trouble too (Graham will do it by the way). It could hurt the repubs in North Carolina and other closely contested states also. Murkowski is on record as not being in the fold and I haven't yet heard from Romney. This is not a simple calculation and you appear to be looking at it from a single perspective.

As distasteful and hypocritical as McConnnell is, he's not an idiot. He'll hold a vote, but it remains to be seen if he does it before or after the election. He wants to hang on to the senate and this calculation, not ethical considerations, will be forefront in his mind.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that both Tillis and Ernst (both locked in close races) are on the judiciary committee. I believe Tillis has said he's in the fold, but this could hurt.
Right now I'm so disgusted I imagine the Republican senate are so corrupted and evil they will get their nomination pushed through and confirmed because what is right and proper no longer applies to them. I have no hope right all. :(

The more this goes on the more it seems as if America is becoming as depicted in “The Man in the High Castle”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"