DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

Couldn't at least one of them have been in costume? Or even the dumb silhouette thing like the posters for X-Men First Class did.

x-men-first-class-magneto-character-poster-01.jpg

Looks like something the CW would pull. If it wasn't for the title being on the poster, I'd never know that that was supposed to be a Batman show.

I'll just quote Horse from Ren & Stimpy:

"No sir, I don't like it "

Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised, but I don't see this series lasting long anyways with the WB/Discover merger.

It's weird that they greenlit it to a series in the first place, considering they axed other CW projects.

It's weird that they greenlit it to a series in the first place, considering they axed other CW projects.
Was it greenlit while the merger was ongoing? If so I expect a sharp cancellation.

Was it greenlit while the merger was ongoing? If so I expect a sharp cancellation.
Lots of stuff going on: the WB-Discovery merger; the impending sale of the CW; and the expiration of certain streaming deals (with e.g., Netflix) that the CW/WB relied upon to make their shows (finally) profitable. The result was the mass cancellation we witnessed.

Obviously, not everything was culled. The Flash and Superman & Lois survived. And for some reason shows like Kung Fu and Nancy Drew were spared — even though their ratings were about the same as Legends of Tomorrow and Naomi. (Perhaps indicating that CBS/Paramount and WB have different plans/deals in place. :shrug:) In any event… the decision to greenlight Gotham Knights was likely done based on CW’s new circumstances and in consultation with CW’s prospective new owners. And this probably indicates that GK will have to produce ratings in the S&L range. The Naomi range is no longer good enough and would likely mean a speedy cancellation.

I'm not interested at all at this point, but I'll try it out if the show gets some good reviews. I'm not liking anything that has come out about it though... seems like the the usual CW formula most people are now tired of.

I'll cut them some slack on the poster considering they had a very short time frame between wrapping up the pilot and then presenting to the upfronts. Other than Carry Kelly none of the other characters would have a costume in the pilot.

Hopefully after they film some more episodes the promotional poster will be better.

Neat find. Now whether the show, itself, is any good...

Since Titans has the monopoly on Robins, I assume that Carrie Kelly is the only "Robin" we're getting in this series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"