Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

It's a little story that has no consequences to the bigger picture within the MCU, so having Santa in this is no big deal.
I don't mind if Mr. Santa Claus appears in a X-Mas special. I'm more referring to the tweet mentioning "one of the greatest characters to appear" in the mcu. That better be someone not random, as I'm taking that tweet seriously.

It's a little story that has no consequences to the bigger picture within the MCU, so having Santa in this is no big deal.
I'm not opposed to Santa Claus appearing if this has no future consequences, but do we know this will have no consequences to the bigger picture?

It would likely act as a prelude to Vol. 3, unless this is just an eXtra content for D+ like What If?.

Wouldn't have been my first choice but the guy is a damn good actor and very good comedic chops also so definitely fits in that regard.

I can see Poulter playing an awkward dork or a twitchy serial killer. I cant really see him as a perfectly engineered specimen and an example of peak of human evolution, or anything close to a demigod. Having said that...

The Marvel wiki says:

Warlock was a being with no life experience due to his unique conception. He promptly encountered Thor, and attempted the abduction of the Lady Sif in order to mate with her.[19] (This act would be repeated in a more benign, but no less infuriating, fashion by his gene-sister "Her," now known as Kismet.) Thor naturally took offense to this kidnapping, and promptly beat the young Godling near to death.

I can definitely see Gunn using Warlock for comedy and him being this clueless newborn man that cross paths with the Guardians and crazy awkward **** ensues. Poulter is perfect for that kind of character.

Last edited:
If his character is similar to what he was like in “We’re the Miller’s” then he’ll be hilarious.

Will Poulter is a legit good actor and if you doubt his serious, dramatic acting chops just watch his performance in Detroit where he played a pretty fantastic villian.

For some reason I always imagined Dan Stevens in the Adam Warlock role, but I can see Gunn going for something else entirely which I am pefectly fine with honestly.

d79ex3hxx0t71.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"