Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For some reason I always imagined Dan Stevens in the Adam Warlock role, but I can see Gunn going for something else entirely which I am pefectly fine with honestly.

That would've been a great choice IMO. I feel like Dan Stevens is likely to be wasted on
Kro
Though I guess that role wouldn't prevent him from playing someone else in the MCU later like Gemma Chan and Michelle Yeoh (and even Cumberbatch sort of)

Last edited:
zrdpohxqo7x71.png

l6vmhnrte7x71.png

Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel missing is pitty. I know they’re just voice actors, but they belong to this group of actors.

the role most every big name actor in Hollywood wanted
What could that be? There are plenty of important cosmic characters yet to appear (Silver Surfer, Galactus, Richard Rider, Beta Ray Bill, Super Skrull, Kallark, Wendell Vaughn, Annihilus, etc.) but I can't think of what would be a particularly coveted role. Since he's there (unlike Vin and Bradley) I guess CGI characters would be ruled out unless he's doing mocap on set like Sean does for Rocket.

What could that be? There are plenty of important cosmic characters yet to appear (Silver Surfer, Galactus, Richard Rider, Beta Ray Bill, Super Skrull, Kallark, Wendell Vaughn, Annihilus, etc.) but I can't think of what would be a particularly coveted role. Since he's there (unlike Vin and Bradley) I guess CGI characters would be ruled out unless he's doing mocap on set like Sean does for Rocket.

Normally I would think a minor role, but if that was the case, why is he in the photo with the main cast? If it was a minor role, he would have been announced much later.

Normally I would think a minor role, but if that was the case, why is he in the photo with the main cast? If it was a minor role, he would have been announced much later.
Yeah, I agree. All the others there are main cast. But thinking of the major male members and allies of that team that are left there aren't many options.
Bug - has rights issues
Cosmo - wouldn't have him on set physically and I'm not sure how good this actor could do a Russian accent
Major Victory - I don't see how to fit him into the story
Jack Flag - I don't think a super soldier from Earth is a great addition to the team right now

If he's indeed a main character I'd say it would almost have to be Nova or a main villain (who may or may not be in addition to someone like Ayesha or Magus).

EDIT: Upon further consideration I could also see the possibility of him being a character that was important only for one storyline they're adapting. For example, he could be someone like Maxam, who was sent back in time from a timeline ruled by the Magus to destroy Adam Warlock in the past but temporarily lost his memory before he could do so and joined the Infinity Watch (basically a proto-GotG which also had Adam Warlock, Gamora, Drax, Moondragon and Pip the Troll on the team) until he regained his memories and tried to kill Adam again.

Last edited:
What if he's the main villain. Which could be a highly sought after role. Possibly someone like High Evolutionary.

What if he's the main villain. Which could be a highly sought after role. Possibly someone like High Evolutionary.
Yeah, a main villain is certainly possible. But it's definitely also possible Will Poulter as Magus is the main villain in which case I could see him being a secondary antagonist who has some relation to Adam like High Evolutionary or Maxam.

Isn’t Will Pooter the main evil man in teh film? I thought he play alien warrior that initial important to Thanos infinity war story but he came too late now so he mad and now attack Guardians of Galaxy and Thorin? I thought he was main antagnist

High Evolutionary was my thought as well. He has ties to Adam Warlock, plus they could easily tie Rocket's backstory to him.

Nova?

High Evolutionary was my thought as well. He has ties to Adam Warlock, plus they could easily tie Rocket's backstory to him.

Speaking of, I'd really like it if they could visit or show some of Halfworld, along with Lylla, who was referenced in the first film.

Wonder what Kumail's role would've been pre-James Gunn firing. Do you think it's the same role Chukwudi Iwuji now has or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"