Halo Halo: Infinite

Oh well. Couldn't resist. Downloading/installing the campaign now.

One of the music score's tracks is called, "Never Tell Me the Odds". I wonder if Curtis is a Han Solo fan?

The new villain, Atriox, is a beast!

Last edited:
Played the intro mission. Pretty good cinematic experience so far. :D

I hope a photo mode is coming soon because the interior environments are quite beautiful.

Destiny 2 had Halo loot? Cool haha. They should do a crossover lol.

Yeah, they've literally just added it. There's a Bungie 30th Anniversary event, so they've added a tonne of weapons/armor inspired by classic Halo stuff. So there's a sword that looks like an energy sword, an exotic pistol based on the Master Chief magnum, a trace rifle that looks like a covenant carbine etc It's a good week to be a Halo fan haha

I hope a photo mode is coming soon because the interior environments are quite beautiful.

Yeah, it's gorgeous. The whole time I played it, I was just getting excited about being able to do it again with friends haha. I can already tell this is a game I will have no problems replaying on harder difficulties with a group of 4.

Yeah, they've literally just added it. There's a Bungie 30th Anniversary event, so they've added a tonne of weapons/armor inspired by classic Halo stuff. So there's a sword that looks like an energy sword, an exotic pistol based on the Master Chief magnum, a trace rifle that looks like a covenant carbine etc It's a good week to be a Halo fan haha
Ha, very cool. :up:

Nice pics. Can’t wait to start.

Boots up offline, you say?

giphy.webp

From reddit:

hey everyone - Last weekend I said I'd be back once we had updates to share around near term playlist plans for Halo Infinite. I'm happy to report that a Slayer playlist is officially locked and loaded for the update next week. Four new playlists: Slayer, Fiesta, FFA, and Tactical Slayer (SWAT) will all be added via a services update on Tuesday, Dec. 14.

From reddit:
Awesome!! Slayer needed to be separated for sure. I prefer objective modes so I’m glad to have that siphoned off and it’s much better for the many layers who prefer to just play Slayer. I predicted we’d get FFA and SWAT next and I love both of those modes. Played SWAT a fair bit in Halo 4 and a ton of FFA in Reach. Halo has really good matchmaking and in FFA it’s the best (doesn’t have to worry about balancing teams). You have the most competitive games with people of pretty much the exact same ability. All that said, **** Fiesta! :funny:

Yeah its good we get a few more staple modes pretty quickly like this, will help a lot with variety as well as doing challenges quicker for some. Odd it wasnt there from the start but glad its a rapid response. Farewell Oddball I hardly knew (or liked) thee. My BR is ready for daddy SWAT to come back, played that so much on Reach back in the day. Fiesta is also handy for getting your hands on obscure weapons as well again for challenges.

Yeah its good we get a few more staple modes pretty quickly like this, will help a lot with variety as well as doing challenges quicker for some. Odd it wasnt there from the start but glad its a rapid response. Farewell Oddball I hardly knew (or liked) thee. My BR is ready for daddy SWAT to come back, played that so much on Reach back in the day. Fiesta is also handy for getting your hands on obscure weapons as well again for challenges.
Oddball isn’t going is it? Or you mean you’re relieved as you will purposely not be playing it any more? :D.
I kind of like it. Nearly always get most ball carrying points. Good point about the challenges with Fiesta.

Oddball isn’t going is it? Or you mean you’re relieved as you will purposely not be playing it any more? :D.
I kind of like it. Nearly always get most ball carrying points. Good point about the challenges with Fiesta.

Yeah I'm assuming it means we can select what we want to play rather being forced into random game types. Nothing against Oddball, its fine in itself, but being forced to play it five times in a row when you need one slayer match to complete a challenge is a little annoying. :funny:

I guess we will find out Tuesday exactly what they mean.

Yeah I'm assuming it means we can select what we want to play rather being forced into random game types. Nothing against Oddball, its fine in itself, but being forced to play it five times in a row when you need one slayer match to complete a challenge is a little annoying. :funny:

I guess we will find out Tuesday exactly what they mean.
I think slayer will be segregated but not sure if the objective modes will still be grouped together. I like strongholds and oddball anytime but not always in the mood for capture the flag, especially if solo. At least the other 2 modes continuously progress and never seem to time out unlike CTF.

God, I'm wishing the UNSC had commissars. The pilot is sooo whiny.

Also, I'm overjoyed that the game allows the player to adjust the UI text size. I was struggling with the default size. Im near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other so focusing on small text is awful.

Yesssss, so keen for some classic Reach SWAT (Although I am worried crossplay is going to make it a very uneven experience for us poor Xbox players).

Also kinda wish we still had the classic DMR over the Commando (or that Commando had a manual firing mode toggle instead of all being trigger based).

Yesssss, so keen for some classic Reach SWAT (Although I am worried crossplay is going to make it a very uneven experience for us poor Xbox players).

Also kinda wish we still had the classic DMR over the Commando (or that Commando had a manual firing mode toggle instead of all being trigger based).

Yeah that is a worry but then I have played a fair few Ranked matches with crossplay and cant say I felt any unfair disadvantage, I guess we shall see once it drops but Im just glad its back for now.

The Commando is an odd gun, it looks like a Light Machine gun but works more effectively like a BR, feathering the trigger rather than going full auto seems to get the best results for me but I wouldnt say I am a massive fan of it and rarely pick it up, other weapons I am much better and know how to use more, and yeah the classic DMR would be so much better to have around but I guess they didnt want all old school weapons in the game, I miss the SMG and Spartan Laser so much.

Anyone getting audio lag in the campain ? Only game this happens to me on and sort of makes unplayable to me.

Anyone getting audio lag in the campain ? Only game this happens to me on and sort of makes unplayable to me.
I think I heard something in relation to this in a gaming podcast but can't quite remember. That can F things up. Guess a hard reset of console and game wouldn't help?

Yeah that is a worry but then I have played a fair few Ranked matches with crossplay and cant say I felt any unfair disadvantage, I guess we shall see once it drops but Im just glad its back for now.

The Commando is an odd gun, it looks like a Light Machine gun but works more effectively like a BR, feathering the trigger rather than going full auto seems to get the best results for me but I wouldnt say I am a massive fan of it and rarely pick it up, other weapons I am much better and know how to use more, and yeah the classic DMR would be so much better to have around but I guess they didnt want all old school weapons in the game, I miss the SMG and Spartan Laser so much.
I've seen a couple of pc players dominate who can move from side to side much more quickly than is possible on a controller. Otherwise it's not particularly easy to tell if someone is just good or have an input advantage. My friend who moved to mouse and keyboard for this game found aiming much, much easier, although they are still getting to grips with the movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"