Halo Halo: Infinite

I've seen a couple of pc players dominate who can move from side to side much more quickly than is possible on a controller. Otherwise it's not particularly easy to tell if someone is just good or have an input advantage. My friend who moved to mouse and keyboard for this game found aiming much, much easier, although they are still getting to grips with the movement.

Yeah I thought crossplay was only turned on in the Ranked mode, I'm not 100% sure, you do find people seemingly able to strafe a lot more in that and Big Team Battles but even that can be dealt with, with the right weapon sometimes. I'm sure there is advantages to K&M, there usually is but I dont find it as big of a problem as CoD where it felt like you never stand a chance against it.

The biggest tell I've noticed for PC players in a crossplay match is:

- the speed of pistol firing. They can spam the trigger way faster than a controller.
- Super fast 180 turns or jump and turns for melee attacks. The number of times I've seen someone turn on a dime to pull of this jump turn at a speed that simply isn't possible for a thumb stick.

I've also definitely encountered cheaters in a few matches. One guy was pulling off sniper no scopes and hitting every single shot, including a couple through walls. It's INSANE to me that there is no "report player" function in the game.

Hope everything works and we can get the slayer playlist separate and Fiesta for weapon challenges (ONLY), FFA & SWAT. The game will be permanently and significantly better with these changes.

Hope everything works and we can get the slayer playlist separate and Fiesta for weapon challenges (ONLY), FFA & SWAT. The game will be permanently and significantly better with these changes.

New modes are here and are separate for now.

So I have a question, I downloaded and played Halo Infinite some the other day. Now tonight when I try to play it it won’t let me saying I need to insert a disc. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

So I have a question, I downloaded and played Halo Infinite some the other day. Now tonight when I try to play it it won’t let me saying I need to insert a disc. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

Do you own it or are you playing through game pass? That can happen if your online connection is down or game pass subscription lapsed. If all that stuff is up to date, a hard reset might fix it?

Do you own it or are you playing through game pass? That can happen if your online connection is down or game pass subscription lapsed. If all that stuff is up to date, a hard reset might fix it?
I own it. I purchased it in the game store on my Xbox one.
It could be a temporary offline connection.
How do I do a hard reset?
I’m restarting my console…
That worked haha

Last edited:
I own it. I purchased it in the game store on my Xbox one.
How do I do a hard reset?

Hold your power button down for 10 secs until it shuts off, then unplug it from the wall for like 30secs to a minute and boot it up again, see if that changes anything.

Otherwise, maybe reconnect your internet (or switch from wireless to wired if you can and see if that helps). Is it just Halo or are you unable to load any other games you own?

New modes are here and are separate for now.
Yep saw them last night. Didn’t actually get a chance to try them as everyone in my group had various challenges involving quick, ranked and BTB before I had to go to bed earlier than usual (leaving for Spidey this morning). Looking forward to trying them tonight. Does FFA have matchmaking related to skill or is it just random?

Yep saw them last night. Didn’t actually get a chance to try them as everyone in my group had various challenges involving quick, ranked and BTB before I had to go to bed earlier than usual (leaving for Spidey this morning). Looking forward to trying them tonight. Does FFA have matchmaking related to skill or is it just random?

Not sure about FFA as I dont really play it but I had assumed only ranked had matchmaking based on actual skill, done quote me on that but it certainly feels that way in game, ranked always seems a close sweaty match but the others are mixed bag of all types of skill levels.

Not sure about FFA as I dont really play it but I had assumed only ranked had matchmaking based on actual skill, done quote me on that but it certainly feels that way in game, ranked always seems a close sweaty match but the others are mixed bag of all types of skill levels.
The way it’s set out in the menus sort of implies that FFA doesn’t have matchmaking here. I thought it did in Halo Reach? I love my ranked matches on Infinite as I’m playing against people of my low skill level. :funny:

The way it’s set out in the menus sort of implies that FFA doesn’t have matchmaking here. I thought it did in Halo Reach? I love my ranked matches on Infinite as I’m playing against people of my low skill level. :funny:

It certainly does have matchmaking, no doubt about that, but I think its just random as it is.

It certainly does have matchmaking, no doubt about that, but I think its just random as it is.
Oh sorry yeah I meant skill-based matchmaking. FFA is ideally suited for that as you don’t even have to worry about balancing teams.

What are those jump portals/chutes called that transfer you halfway across the map in Halo? Had 2 funny experiences with them just now. First one I jumped into a flying vehicle and died. Second one I got killed as I was running towards one and my dead body dropped to the ground. Then 2 seconds later the momentum took it into the jump with the dead body flying across the map.

What are those jump portals/chutes called that transfer you halfway across the map in Halo? Had 2 funny experiences with them just now. First one I jumped into a flying vehicle and died. Second one I got killed as I was running towards one and my dead body dropped to the ground. Then 2 seconds later the momentum took it into the jump with the dead body flying across the map.

Is that a grav lift? (I also vaguely remember them being called Man Cannons in the Halo 3 days, but that may have been gamer shorthand haha)

Is that a grav lift? (I also vaguely remember them being called Man Cannons in the Halo 3 days, but that may have been gamer shorthand haha)
Could be, name sounds quite likely. I can't help always going in them whenever the chance is there, even though it blows stealth out of the water and reveals you to everyone instantly haha.

Big fan of throwing grenades or fusion coils in them and hoping for the best haha

Finished this today. Took about 28 hours on Heroic. I did a lot of Skyrim-style exploration. Cleared out all FOBs, unlocked all skills. Only found two skulls and some audio logs here and there but since I'm on PC Game Pass, I didn't want to invest into those latter two.

Overall, a very enjoyable campaign aside from a few frustrating nitpicks. The music is top notch. The bosses are quite interesting even though relatively easy (hammer boss was annoying as ****, though).

I'll wait for a deep sale on Steam so I can do a 100% run on Legendary... I'll have to buy/play the previous games, however, since this was legitimately my first Halo campaign and I had no idea what was gong on with the whole Cortana backstory. :hehe:

So that post-credits scene... I suppose it's an old baddie making a return...?

Finally, Chak Lok's introduction is magnificent. chef's kiss

I'm in the low 60s for multiplayer. Should finish the battle pass in about 3 weeks.

Finished it last night. It’s really fun and gorgeous to look at but the level design gets a bit lazy in the later episodes. Can’t wait for the next one though!

I really love open world Halo. Fits the series much better than I expected without taking the visual/performance hit I'd expected from transitioning to open world. Having so much fun with this. Definitely my favourite Halo campaign already.

We all complained about the slow XP grind and yet here I am, 6 months from the next season and have nothing left to unlock. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"