Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... His pay day for Man of Steel was 14 million wasn't it? He was probably offered that amount or more for MOS2. There's really no need to up the ante from there. That's plenty of money. Even if he didn't play hard ball, he'd get paid. A lot. His pay day for MOS alone is more than Mark Strong's entire net worth and he's been a working actor for almost 30 years. No idea how much he got for BVS and JL but it was likely around that ballpark. After those pay days, does he really need to be paid RDJ figures? He's already more than set for life and doesn't need to push for more. I get it, it's a different paradigm in Hollywood. It's not unusual to earn more than you'll ever be able to spend... But yeah it just comes across as greed to me personally.

There seems to be a lot of differences as to how much Cavill was paid. Here is one article on it. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-salary

I saw a few others that said the same thing, that Cavill was probably in the $300,000 range like most comic book actors in their first movie, but if he made more, it was some combination of back-end bonuses and being in multiple movies.

Because looking at Ben makes me think how professional Henry is?

The guy's back and forth about his status and now most fans are numb and exhausted, whereas Henry's being professional and tidy majority of the time and his head was called for?

Would I even bother spending the time and energy to raise a bit of voice (though small) about giving Henry a sequel if he behaves like his DCEU partner?

Nah

Wow...

There seems to be a lot of differences as to how much Cavill was paid. Here is one article on it. https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-salary

I saw a few others that said the same thing, that Cavill was probably in the $300,000 range like most comic book actors in their first movie, but if he made more, it was some combination of back-end bonuses and being in multiple movies.

I read it's like $10M including bonuses for MOS and it's similar to Gal (Edited too many 00s lol)

Asking for RDJ is like - $10M for 15min work, before bonuses, which would be like asking 40M pre-bonuses.

Either fake news or negotiation tactics which is norm for business.

Last edited:
The contract stuff will reach a conclusion one way or another in a couple of weeks.

Damn Henry got 14 million for Man of Steel?? His agent must have been a magician to get that for him for the FIRST film, not to mention Henry was still up and coming at the time.

Damn Henry got 14 million for Man of Steel?? His agent must have been a magician to get that for him for the FIRST film, not to mention Henry was still up and coming at the time.

Hopefully, they are asking for something better than 3-pic 1 million plus bonuses deal this time.:oldrazz:

I think the $300K range includes bonuses etc? I read it's like $100K including bonuses for MOS.

Asking for RDJ is like - $10M for 15min work, before bonuses, which would be like asking 40M pre-bonuses.

Either fake news or negotiation tactics which is norm for business.

Right, if a blogger wants to be sophistic (misleading with some grains of possible truth), they can say Athlete A makes $80 million and Athlete B makes $10 million. And it people were to dig deeper, they might find out that the $80 mil is a 5 year contract, so actually $16 mil per year. And Athlete B, who makes $10 mil might be on a 1 yr contact and he might have bonuses like making an all star team ($500,000 bonus), getting a gold glove ($500,000 bonus), being top 10 in MVP voting ($1 mil bonus), etc, etc, so that Athlete B has the potential to make close to what Athlete A makes.

Now, with athletes, the specifics of their contracts tend to be very transparent, so this kind of misinformation is not likely. The same is not true of the movie industry. On top of that, all it takes is one blogger to tweet something, someone else re-tweets it, and someone's speculation or misinformation has now become fact in many people's eyes (I saw articles headings that said: "Official Bird of Prey team announced"... how misleading is that?).

We all need to be more discerning as a culture. I have to say, having grown up slightly before the ubiquity of social media (only slightly before :cwink:), it is fascinating to watch how the media in its various forms have run rampant, often unchecked (giving the honest media people a bad name) and the lack of effort on our part to think for ourselves, but rather, to jump to conclusions and then stand by those conclusions no matter the new evidence that may pop up that could discredit our prior "understandings."

I remember that the media used to be all about facts, fact checking, who, what, when, where, and why. Now it's who can get information out, any information, the fastest. Truth be damned because if I'm wrong, nobody will remember. It won't matter if what I said affects someone's reputation or may not be accurate. I got my clicks for another day. And of course if the truth comes out, I certainly won't put out a correction and hold myself accountable. Pre-internet, journalists went to school. Now anyone can be a blogger, youtuber, tweeter with a following, etc. The standards are far from what they used to be. And what's the media after all? It stands for "the middle." They are the one's the stand between the common people and those on the other side. It's through the media that our ideas about others are shaped. This is why it is so important that people hold themselves to higher standards, both the media and the rest of us.

/soapbox

Damn heatvision. That is one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

I normally adhere to the saying of don't judge a book by its cover but I have never had a good impression of Grace. Even her thumbnail pictures on her YouTube videos rub me the wrong way.lol

Oh dude I am with you there. Easily one of the most annoying people on the planet. How she’s lasted so long doing this I do not know.

Thank you.

Oh dude I am with you there. Easily one of the most annoying people on the planet. How she’s lasted so long doing this I do not know.

Because
tenor.gif

People love to hear a good conspiracy.

If you told me two weeks ago that we would be arguing about the integrity of Henry's character and how he may or may not be signed on for more superman films then I would have said that you were crazy.

But now? Honestly, nothing will surprise me anymore. Hell, maybe next week, we will be arguing about whether he has a preference for Asian Women or not.

Right, if a blogger wants to be sophistic (misleading with some grains of possible truth), they can say Athlete A makes $80 million and Athlete B makes $10 million. And it people were to dig deeper, they might find out that the $80 mil is a 5 year contract, so actually $16 mil per year. And Athlete B, who makes $10 mil might be on a 1 yr contact and he might have bonuses like making an all star team ($500,000 bonus), getting a gold glove ($500,000 bonus), being top 10 in MVP voting ($1 mil bonus), etc, etc, so that Athlete B has the potential to make close to what Athlete A makes.

Now, with athletes, the specifics of their contracts tend to be very transparent, so this kind of misinformation is not likely. The same is not true of the movie industry. On top of that, all it takes is one blogger to tweet something, someone else re-tweets it, and someone's speculation or misinformation has now become fact in many people's eyes (I saw articles headings that said: "Official Bird of Prey team announced"... how misleading is that?).

We all need to be more discerning as a culture. I have to say, having grown up slightly before the ubiquity of social media (only slightly before :cwink:), it is fascinating to watch how the media in its various forms have run rampant, often unchecked (giving the honest media people a bad name) and the lack of effort on our part to think for ourselves, but rather, to jump to conclusions and then stand by those conclusions no matter the new evidence that may pop up that could discredit our prior "understandings."

I remember that the media used to be all about facts, fact checking, who, what, when, where, and why. Now it's who can get information out, any information, the fastest. Truth be damned because if I'm wrong, nobody will remember. It won't matter if what I said affects someone's reputation or may not be accurate. I got my clicks for another day. And of course if the truth comes out, I certainly won't put out a correction and hold myself accountable. Pre-internet, journalists went to school. Now anyone can be a blogger, youtuber, tweeter with a following, etc. The standards are far from what they used to be. And what's the media after all? It stands for "the middle." They are the one's the stand between the common people and those on the other side. It's through the media that our ideas about others are shaped. This is why it is so important that people hold themselves to higher standards, both the media and the rest of us.

/soapbox

*I edited my numbers lol sorry it looked rather ordinary on my part

But ya they did that to Henry when they were like Gal's getting ripped off 3 films for a million and Henry got 14M, pathetic spinning.

If we all rely on whatever media info we see we'd be shocked like all the time. I remember flipping through twitter and watching US news, then Brexit happened and Trump won. I was like :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: not what the social media/media's telling me.

tenor.gif

If you told me two weeks ago that we would be arguing about the integrity of Henry's character and how he may or may not be signed on for more superman films then I would have said that you were crazy.

But now? Honestly, nothing will surprise me anymore. Hell, maybe next week, we will be arguing about whether he has a preference for Asian Women or not.

Lol ya they already argued that he's a pedophile

tldr version (slightly paraphrased):

He thinks he not only deserves A lister money but also A lister treatment, which has become a sore point not just with WB but with people in front of and behind the camera in the DCEU. I don't know how many people would be sad to see him go, if he was replaced. Let's just say he doesn't have a lot of friends there at the DCEU.

I don't doubt that Cavill wants a better deal and he himself has admitted in past that he is in movie business because he likes money. Having said that, Grace has a habit of exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion, Cavill may not have many friends at WB, but to say that he has enemies is bit of a stretch.

I hope his agent guides him through this negotiation process.

Ya know, I really don't think Henry said anything wrong tbh. It was pretty clear what he meant in his statement and he clearly meant no ill will. His words were misconstrued in a way that fit a narrative and I don't think he needed to apologize at all.

It does suck though that his future as Superman is questionable.

According to Grace, Cavill ain't as nice of a guy as he seems and has made enemies in the DCEU and at WB. That it's not his agent that's demanding like 50 million or whatever ridiculous sum, it's actually him consigning that request.

Not to mention she's capitalizing on Cavill's recent guff about the #MeToo movement.

If he was a bad dude, we'd know about it. Especially nowadays.

If his behavior was as bad some say, then I doubt Tarsem Singh (who directed Immortals) would have backed him for Superman role. Or, WB would have cast him as Napoleon Solo in Man from Uncle.

Last edited:
I don't doubt that Cavill wants a better deal and he himself has admitted in past that he is in movie business because he likes money. Having said that, Grace has a habit of exaggerating and blowing things out of proportion, Cavill may not have many friends at WB, but to say that he has enemies is bit of a stretch.

I hope his agent guides him through this negotiation process.

I think Cavill's comments about wanting to make money have been taken a bit out of context. A person can do what he loves and want to make money. It seemed to me he was saying, "Hec yeah, the money matters." But it's clear to me that Henry also loves acting. It's a great gig if you can get it.

If his behavior was as bad some say, then I doubt Tarsem Singh (who directed Immortals) would have backed him for Superman role. Or, WB would have cast him as Napoleon Solo in Man from Uncle.

Or Snyder or McQuarrie would speak so highly of him.

Last edited:
I mean... His pay day for Man of Steel was 14 million wasn't it? He was probably offered that amount or more for MOS2. There's really no need to up the ante from there. That's plenty of money. Even if he didn't play hard ball, he'd get paid. A lot. His pay day for MOS alone is more than Mark Strong's entire net worth and he's been a working actor for almost 30 years. No idea how much he got for BVS and JL but it was likely around that ballpark. After those pay days, does he really need to be paid RDJ figures? He's already more than set for life and doesn't need to push for more. I get it, it's a different paradigm in Hollywood. It's not unusual to earn more than you'll ever be able to spend... But yeah it just comes across as greed to me personally.

$ 14 million is huge amount of money. I don't know how much more Henry wants. Look at MCU actors, they got paid very little (except RDJ) and they are under a much harsher contract.

Lol, we don't even know what Cavill's life is like. We have no insight into his financial state or how he distributes his money. And we have no clue how WB might be planning to use him in the DCEU moving forward. If the man wants to get paid, let him get paid. This is years of his life he has to sign away.

And breh, why bring up Ben? These are such unrelated situations. Feels like a cheap shot.

Yeah, Ben has been through a lot recently.

Last edited:
$ 14 million is huge amount of money. I don't know how much more Henry wants. Look at MCU actors, they got paid very little (except RDJ) and they are under a much harsher contract.

That 14-million figure was only reported by one site, who they themselves have put an addendum that they can't confirm it.

Sites like Vanity Fair have brushed those claims off.

In no scenario is Henry, or any up-and-coming actor with no major clout, making 8-figures on their first movie of a franchise.

That 14-million figure was only reported by one site, who they themselves have put an addendum that they can't confirm it.

Sites like Vanity Fair have brushed those claims off.

In no scenario is Henry, or any up-and-coming actor with no major clout, making 8-figures on their first movie of a franchise.

Yup. Most of the the MCU actors, especially in Phase 1, got in the $300,000 range (Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans). Probably the only MCU lead actors to get more were Downey and guys during later phases who were already established like Paul Rudd or Cumberbuns. I wouldn't be surprised if actors like Amy Adams, Russel Crowe, and Diane Lane got more than Cavill for MOS.

I read somewhere around 2012 that Sam Jackson and ScarJo got 5-6M and Chrises got 2-3M, I suppose that's the post bonus/package results?

Gal definitely got 3 for 1M and I suppose Henry's would be higher but not drastically than that.

Just saw Henry asked to do another fist/gun pump in Korea, and he obliged

Poor Henry now he's gotta do it every single press conference

I know it’s unlikely but I have this hope that Cavill will turn up at SDCC and announce he’s signed a new contract and that the next Superman film will be out in 2020-2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"