Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made this avvy of the new Superman poster if any of you guys want it:

rsz_knzrf9l.png

Well, as of MoS and BvS, to me (sue me if you want) Cavill was behind Brandon Routh. I really like Superman Returns and to me Routh manners when portraying Kal-El (like when he lands the plane and enters smiling and asking people to still believe in aviation) was pure Superman. I mean, I could feel hope when he was speaking. I haven't felt that from Cavill. So far. Then the League came.

Now I believe Cavill is the Superman and I'm pretty happy with his role in this film. I mean, I see some people complaining Cavill is "not a very good actor" and to me this is the point and that's why I think he was a great choice for Superman.

I recall Gibson's choice for Jim Caviezel as The Christ, he wanted a not-very-well-known actor so people would be more likely to believe that was Jesus being mauled rather than some pretty face. I mean, you see Willem Dafoe... great, but, "Hey, that's Dafoe portraying Jesus." So Caviezel was more Jesus.

And to me it applies to Cavill and Superman. If it was, I don't know, Nicholas Cage, we would be seeing "Cage as Superman."

To me Cavill is more clean of "acting manners" or "method", he doesn't try to impress himself as an actor portraying a character. It's more the character himself.

I really like it. The damn film touched me since the beginning with the found footage scene. When I saw that I smiled and thought to myself that was the Superman I'd like to see.

Originally Posted by herolee10
Seeing several posts saying that we want to sign a petition to see another Superman film again with our given actor, it definitely takes me back to the days where some people were doing the exact same thing in regards to wanting to see Brandon Rough appear as Superman again for a sequel for SR.

where is it? i'm a bit worried now. it's all money talk. and since Spidey: homecoming is doing great and successfully reboot spidey (it was the worst spidey movie to me - hate the junior ironman story & the social correction agenda), the WB heads won't it is their mistake and it has high chance, they might reboot superman.. sigh...

Spidey's situation has nothing to do with Superman's situation literally whatsoever. Spidey made the switch from one universe to the other to make that change and to bring him home. Superman IS home and his direction in JL was meant to be the beginning of a new era of Superman in cinema. They committed to that. There's no need to reboot. The pieces of the puzzle are there. It's WB that can't get out of their own way.

Spidey's situation has nothing to do with Superman's situation literally whatsoever. Spidey made the switch from one universe to the other to make that change and to bring him home. Superman IS home and his direction in JL was meant to be the beginning of a new era of Superman in cinema. They committed to that. There's no need to reboot. The pieces of the puzzle are there. It's WB that can't get out of their own way.
WB will do the darest / stupidest thing judging from its previous records.

Yeah, the suit looked like crap in Joss Whedon lighting.

They need a committee of Superman fans to advise them. Obviously they don't seem to know their own product.

Finally someone gets it.

At a time when i thought mostly all of the former Intellegence that i have once became accustomed to on this forum over the years have become extinct, i read this post and see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel!

That's my worry, WB make mistake after mistake with this franchise. I loved MOS, SR and BvS but it seems they try and course correct after each and make the worst decisions in doing so.

I want to see JL again, but am honestly struggling to find the enthusiasm to go at the moment.

Pretty much.
And that goes for everything in the DCCU.
You have a direction now that can work, use it.
Dont try anything fancy or so, listen to what the fans say and go into that direction.
Everything you need for a Awesome Superman movie is there...take it for christ sake.
Henry Cavill is a damn good Superman, dont let this go to waste.

The damn film touched me since the beginning with the found footage scene. When I saw that I smiled and thought to myself that was the Superman I'd like to see.

Spoiler alert: Billy Batson was the kid who recorded the interview.:sly:

That’s how the suit should have looked from the very beginning.

They can easily do another Superman film with a new cast but still keep Henry. We’ve seen other actors appear in one version and then do the reboot or retooling. Personally though I’d prefer if they kept all the cast, but just retcon things like the Jimmy death in BvS for example.

Cavill is in a catch-22 situation. You probably need a big time director to get the necessary momentum for another Superman film to happen and yet that big time director is likely going to want to reboot including a new actor.

Cavill is in a catch-22 situation. You probably need a big time director to get the necessary momentum for another Superman film to happen and yet that big time director is likely going to want to reboot including a new actor.

If they bring in Vaughan (god I hope so) then Cavill will be exactly the kind of actor MV works with, committed, passionate and a hard worker. Vaughan has stated many times he has zero time for 'flouncy' actors that only emerge from their trailer to step on set and then back again once the scene is complete. Vaughan is 'all over' his productions and has the same work ethic as Snyder, with a better understanding of the nucleus of story / writing / character / action beats than bless Zack has. Vaughan is style and substance, guaranteed. Where we have left both Superman's character arc at in JL and Cavill as a actor in his 're-newed' belief in his character's direction post Snyder, Vaughan is THE perfect director to pick the baton and run with it.

Superman is the last one that needs a reboot. He's the most established character in the DCEU, and Henry isn't leaving. Audiences love him as Superman, especially now right after JL.

If they bring in Vaughan (god I hope so) then Cavill will be exactly the kind of actor MV works with, committed, passionate and a hard worker. Vaughan has stated many times he has zero time for 'flouncy' actors that only emerge from their trailer to step on set and then back again once the scene is complete. Vaughan is 'all over' his productions and has the same work ethic as Snyder, with a better understanding of the nucleus of story / writing / character / action beats than bless Zack has. Vaughan is style and substance, guaranteed. Where we have left both Superman's character arc at in JL and Cavill as a actor in his 're-newed' belief in his character's direction post Snyder, Vaughan is THE perfect director to pick the baton and run with it.

Agreed! Go back and listen to how Vaughn described how he would do a Superman movie and then fast forward to what Henry just said about where to take Superman.

The parallel's couldn't get more eye to eye. Vaughn/Cavill would be a nice teammup for Superman. At this point in time, it's wishful thinking but I'll hold out hope FOR SURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"