Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

i still can't understand why they didn't go with Ivy instead of BOP. if WB didn't let them use her then how stupid they can be.

Should’ve made sirens instead. Maybe they didn’t have access to Ivy and Catwoman, but that definitely should’ve been the play.

McQuarrie would have cast TC as Hal, I dunno how good or bad he would have been.

I remember at one time fans wanted TC as Tony Stark.

I bet they will after The Suicide Squad. Harley Quinn in general is an appealing character to look at, and it looks like James Gunn has nailed the character down especially with the look and all the praise he's given Margot. Her look in the first movie has become iconic, despite the film being bad. With James Gunn at the helm, it's gonna be a match made in heaven.

His scream scene in "The Mummy" is still pretty hilarious though.

1496916873-giphy-22.gif

i still can't understand why they didn't go with Ivy instead of BOP. if WB didn't let them use her then how stupid they can be.

I suspect it was a case of "We have two movies that aren't going anywhere, so lets just combine them". Which was more than a little dumb, since literally the only thing actual BoP-y in BoP was the name, everything else was pretty straight out of a Gotham City Sirens movie. But then, WB seems to hate the Birds of Prey as a concept, so. . .

McQuarrie didn't gave a written presentation, but If I'm correct, his take was unconnected to DCEU, he described that they wanted him to fix "their broken bones", which implies that they wanted him to make his movie within DCEU, which he declined.

In anycase, WB are super wary of another GL movie, which apparently McQuarrie was pushing for.

It was a case of bad timing and wanting to take franchise in a completely new direction (which in itself, is not a bad idea but it's debatable) and asking them to green-light a wrong movie (GL).

Both Superman and GL were going to need big budgets and I can see why they developed cold feet.
WB's way of thinking: A big-time director wants to avoid the massive mistake GL 2011 was, we want to keep it canon, so no thank you.

Also WB: Let's give our HBO Max GL series to the terrible team behind the mess that is CW/DC

:whatever:

I absolutely adore the team in BoP, they might be my favourite on-screen "superhero" ensemble (which isn't saying much since I'm not a Snyder fan and don't care about the MCU), but that movie should have just been called Harley Quinn something something. It sets up a Birds of Prey movie very nicely, I'd watch the **** out of a movie or HBO Max series with those women, but it's a straight up Harley movie.

Probably would've been better if it had been from Black Canary's perspective, been a more straight BoP movie while keeping the same tone and characterizations, with Harley as more of the Jack Sparrow wild card secondary protagonist but Harley's a big name and Margot's a huge star so it was almost inevitable they went the route they did.

BOP sould've been HBO Max series. it would've been perfrct.

WB's way of thinking: A big-time director wants to avoid the massive mistake GL 2011 was, we want to keep it canon, so no thank you.
It was a case of bad timing, Time Warner was going to be acquired by AT&T, they would have to convince shareholders and investors that spending money on a property that tanked in 2011 was a sound business decision.

Not only GL movie bombed in 2011, it was so unpopular that many stores had so unsold merchandise that they didn't release any action figures for GLTAS.

Then there was the case of making a Superman movie unconnected to DCEU but still having Cavill. It's worth noting that. McQuarrie himself has admitted that they wanted him to fix some issues they had with MoS franchise, but he declined.

I think McQuarrie wanted to make his own version of Superman movie, separate from DCEU.
Also WB: Let's give our HBO Max GL series to the terrible team behind the mess that is CW/DC

:whatever:
It's going to be on HBO Max, and Berlanti & Co now have more experience, like it or not many CW shows have been successful
Plus the quality of some of them has improved. We will see how they do now.

I maintain that BoP should’ve been titled Harley Quinn feat. the Birds of Prey. Would’ve made it clear it was a Harley movie and played up the music aspect. But oh well, WB doesn’t pay me for my branding genius. :o

I maintain that BoP should’ve been titled Harley Quinn feat. the Birds of Prey. Would’ve made it clear it was a Harley movie and played up the music aspect. But oh well, WB doesn’t pay me for my branding genius. :o
That’s a fantastic title.

He deserves to look his best as his time in the role comes to a close. I hope the director’s cut makes him look like a billion bucks.

@Superchan, just out of curiosity, when was the last time you reached out to your source and will you again in the future?

No Tra-el he's not a "source", I'm not connected to hollywood in any form or shape, he was simply an individual that came to the hospital years ago with a serious medical issue and I was on the medical team that treated him. He stayed in the hospital for a while and in that time he found out that I was a big Superman fan and I found out that he works at WB (not the DC division though) and so he told me stuff like Superman dying in BvS and how Suicide Squad was a giant mess, all of which turned out to be true.
Early Feb last year I saw him again (purely by chance) in outpatients clinic and after we said our hellos he told me that heard about Cavill's contract details but he didn't know whether JJ Abrahams was doing Superman or not.
I wholeheartedly believe the guy and I believe that we'll be getting Superman solos in the near future in addition to the "black Superman" project and will continue to believe it until Cavill, his agent or WB say otherwise.
I am just speculating here but I honestly think that JJ is producing/overseeing all Superman related projects at WB, I think he's producing the Kalvin Ellis Superman ( I'm not gonna call it "black Superman" anymore) and producing/directing Cavill's Superman....AND possibly overseeing the rumoured Brandon Routh Superman mini series that we heard about a while back.
Basically, I believe that JJ met with WB in 2019 (or maybe even 2018) and Warners said "join us and we'll give you the keys to the Superman franchise as a whole", to which JJ said "sold!".

I am just speculating here but I honestly think that JJ is producing/overseeing all Superman related projects at WB, I think he's producing the Kalvin Ellis Superman ( I'm not gonna call it "black Superman" anymore) and producing/directing Cavill's Superman....AND possibly overseeing the rumoured Brandon Routh Superman mini series that we heard about a while back.
Basically, I believe that JJ met with WB in 2019 (or maybe even 2018) and Warners said "join us and we'll give you the keys to the Superman franchise as a whole", to which JJ said "sold!".

This would literally be a dream scenario for me. It’s WB so I’ll believe it when if I see it but really hope this is the case.

No Tra-el he's not a "source", I'm not connected to hollywood in any form or shape, he was simply an individual that came to the hospital years ago with a serious medical issue and I was on the medical team that treated him. He stayed in the hospital for a while and in that time he found out that I was a big Superman fan and I found out that he works at WB (not the DC division though) and so he told me stuff like Superman dying in BvS and how Suicide Squad was a giant mess, all of which turned out to be true.
Early Feb last year I saw him again (purely by chance) in outpatients clinic and after we said our hellos he told me that heard about Cavill's contract details but he didn't know whether JJ Abrahams was doing Superman or not.
I wholeheartedly believe the guy and I believe that we'll be getting Superman solos in the near future in addition to the "black Superman" project and will continue to believe it until Cavill, his agent or WB say otherwise.

On my latest Vidcast I speculated that I think JJ likely has control over the cinematic Superman properties not just this upcoming film.

Shameless plug:

Peter Jackson was your patient? :funny:

I probably missed it before but could you elaborate on what Cavill’s contract is?

JJ doing a Todd Philips like Calvin Ellis film with Cavill getting his own franchise film then they all show up with Routh and Calle would be something

Wouldn't have fixed the fundamental problem:

No Barbara Gordon, No Birds of Prey. And they were never going to include Barbara Gordon.

Why would a patient tell ppl he works for WB and start spilling spoilers? Lol

I seriously doubt Cavill will star in a Superman movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"