• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Illumination's Super Mario movie

I definitely want to see Wario and Waluigi

But also...sequel confirmed! I want Wart for the next villain! Or Danny DeVito as Wario at least.

This most likely wasn’t in regards to Mario 2.

The words - sequel, continuation, second installment - were noticeably missing in the announcement.

While some trades leapt to calling it a sequel, others didn’t and mentioned the same odd wording I just did. The WORLD OF Mario, that sounds like a spin-off.

If I was to guess - this is Donkey Kong. I think there were rumors of a DK film around the time Mario came out, possibly because it was already in pre-pro given the time it takes to make animated films.

It usually takes five years between animated sequels in recent years. The only one I know of that was less was The Secret Life Of Pets 2 and that was rushed out in a way that had it play like a cash-in; I don’t see the same happening here as that could damage a lucrative brand. I’m just hoping it’s five instead of eight years (8 being the time between recent Despicable Me films, the studio’s top hit prior to Mario).

Last edited:
Well they said based on the Super Mario Bros. World and broadening the world, so maybe it's a spinoff, but we'll see.

Chris Meledandri also called it a "return to the Super Mario Bros."

...would it be wrong of me to try and manifest a Luigi's Mansion movie?

I think Luigi's Mansion is possible for the 2026 film, but I'm hesitant at predicting that's it since I would think Luigi's Mansion would have more fall release to capitalize on Halloween.

That said, a part of me wonders if Illumination will take a page out of Disney and Dreamwork's book. That is to say why have one Luigi's Mansion when there could be an annual Halloween special each, or every other, year? Personally I see this route working out really well for it.

He saw Charlie Day's paycheck and decided he wants a slice of that too. Different movie, same quote:

1715797016529.png

Admittedly, he'd also just be a great pick for Wario. Even if Charlie Day wasn't in the film, Devito is who I'd want for Wario...since I can't have him as Pikachu.
Let's face facts: Apart from being a great pick for Wario, he'd also have made for a better Mario than Chris Pratt.

artworks-000137185114-omqb90-t500x500.jpg

There are quite a few live-action cartoon characters Devito would be great for.

But I want him as Mr. Spacely above all else, damn it!

Admittedly, he'd also just be a great pick for Wario. Even if Charlie Day wasn't in the film, Devito is who I'd want for Wario...since I can't have him as Pikachu.
He knows who Wario is, but didn't know who Pikachu was?

artworks-000137185114-omqb90-t500x500.jpg

There are quite a few live-action cartoon characters Devito would be great for.

But I want him as Mr. Spacely above all else, damn it!
He did play Mr. Spacely in the live action Jetsons movie that came out in the '90s....in a parallel universe. With Jeff Daniels as George and Diane Lane as Jane. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"