James Bond 24 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dench's M was a trope, to be honest. She played the part very well, but I think Bernard Lee did more with an awful lot less.

20 years from now Bernard Lee's grandson Jonny Lee Miller could play M

Oh I didn't know that they were related, cool.

I think Dench's M was a trope, to be honest. She played the part very well, but I think Bernard Lee did more with an awful lot less.
Really, you think that Dench's M was the trope, that's an interesting take. The only one who's a fully-fleshed out character and she's somehow the one that's a trope? Not seeing how that is.

It will be interesting to see the tone of the next movie. Skyfalls ending set up the next movie nicely. Just a pity the cinematographer is not on board.

Really, you think that Dench's M was the trope, that's an interesting take. The only one who's a fully-fleshed out character and she's somehow the one that's a trope? Not seeing how that is.

The only one where she's a fully fleshed-out character is Skyfall (her swan song).

So great to know Mendes is returning. I can't wait for this. Skyfall is probably my favorite James Bond film.

Does anyone else think Guy Ritchie could make an awesome Bond movie?

The world is not enough and Skyfall are the most Dench character showcasing Bond films

So great to know Mendes is returning. I can't wait for this. Skyfall is probably my favorite James Bond film.

Does anyone else think Guy Ritchie could make an awesome Bond movie?

I think Vaughan would be a better fit.

Guy Ritchie would make a fascinating bond film, I'm sure.

Odins beard, If guy Ritchie directed Idris Elba in his first movie as James Bond the universe would explode with awesome

We'll have to see how Guy Ritchie's "The Man from UNCLE" turns out before judging how his Bond movies could be. It could be good, but it could also be bad. It's currently been moved to January or February 2015 which isn't exactly good news for the movie.

So...I'm now on TWINE in my Bond marathon. Pierce is pretty awesome and GoldenEye was fantastic. In my opinion, it was the first great Bond movie since OHMSS. A 26 year span! Yeah, there was good stuff in between, but nothing great.

Oh, and Roger Moore's crapfests didn't help either. :o

I didn't mind TND. It was decent. I loved the car chase with Bond playing around with the phone.

If you thought TND was better than TSWLM or FYEO...I dunno.

To be honest, a part of the success of Bond as a series is that most of the characters are troupes. The type of escapist entertainment where characters don't need arc but that's okay.

I thought it was better than FYEO but not TSWLM.

The Spy Who Loved Me > Tomorrow Never Dies

The Spy Who Loved me wasn't a great Bond film?

Ok. :o

Too bad TWINE is a stinker.

Eh. It wasn't the best, but I consider it the second best Brosnan after Goldeneye.

And anyone who talks **** about The Spy Who Loved Me will answer to me! :argh:

Eh. It wasn't the best, but I consider it the second best Brosnan after Goldeneye.

And anyone who talks **** about The Spy Who Loved Me will answer to me! :argh:

I didn't know Sawyer was a Bond fan. I'm supposed to hate him. :o

Oh, and I liked The Spy Who Loved Me. Just didn't think it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"