James Cameron's Sequel to "AVATAR" - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish they started filming already, or in least presented more "finished products". Part of the reason this franchise's fandom has mostly disappeared has to do with the lack of new original content. There are some mediocre games, with a murky canon status, and some prequel books that were announced many years ago. In least they have announced some comics (which still don't have an official release date).

Had the plot of this film been astounding, or as memorable as the likes of Inception, there would be no problem, but as it stands, there's not much in this universe to invest people right now. Still hoping that will change with the sequels, but Cameron's taking so long to release them...

I'm not sure about this "refining of the script" thing. I thought Avatar was somewhat dumb film and was hugely surprised when I saw the original "unrefined" script a.k.a. Project 880, which was much much better than the final product...

Clock is ticking, Cameron.

Every year that goes by, the less people give a ****.

I think this Avatar 2/3/4 Trilogy is going to be a massive financial disaster and will put another nail in Fox's coffin.

Lol remember when there were people with "Avatar withdrawal syndrome" or whatever? There were actually news reports about people who became obsessed with the film and feeling depressed after watching Avatar and having to go back to the real world.

Wonder what happened to those people?

Lol remember when there were people with "Avatar withdrawal syndrome" or whatever? There were actually news reports about people who became obsessed with the film and feeling depressed after watching Avatar and having to go back to the real world.

Dead all dead...
Giant_Bug_Family_Guy0001.gif

Is it weird that I've basically forgotten that Avatar existed and that there were sequels in development?

Is it weird that I've basically forgotten that Avatar existed and that there were sequels in development?

I go through that cycle every time someone mentions Avatar.

I really should rewatch it to see if it still holds up.

Go to google and type in 'Avatar movie forum'. Enjoy the hilarity.

I think this Avatar 2/3/4 Trilogy is going to be a massive financial disaster and will put another nail in Fox's coffin.

Ever since Titanic people somehow feel obligated to give Cameron a billion dollars

I don't know why.

I really don't know what's going to happen with these Avatar sequels. Honestly Avatar is a film that stands fine enough on it's own and Cameron should just have moved on to something else.

Go to google and type in 'Avatar movie forum'. Enjoy the hilarity.

From that forum:

Hello there.

Without really knowing how to express what I'd like to say, I'll begin anyways.
Almost 6 years ago, AVATAR was released. It absolutely changed my life. In so many ways I couldn't even begin, but most importantly it brought me into the light of my true self. This was something that, at age 16, I very desperately needed.

I could make this post endlessly long, and many of you who knew me on here years ago know that as a trademark of mine, but for now I'll keep it short. All this time, Avatar still feels like home. I owe Pandora too much of who I am. Most of you know what I mean, and in that I must say I have missed you all. And I'd like to know how you all feel after these past years.

Oel Ngati Kameie, always.

PH

Anyways I don't want to make fun of this guy but maybe there are a lot of these super-fans still out there just keeping to themselves waiting to explode when the next Avatar comes out?

I agree. This movie didn't catch on due to its engaging plot or deep characters. It had neither. It was a big deal because it was a spectacle. It was the first of its kind in terms of 3D movies. But now, its common. The effects mean nothing now, they have been far surpassed. And with a series of new Star Wars movies looming, people can get their space opera fix elsewhere, with a franchise that is much deeper and have much more notoriety. In other words, Cameron waited too long and now the ship has sailed.

Cameron will likely push the sfx envelop again. The dude has five visual effects oscars for nothing.

From that forum:

Anyways I don't want to make fun of this guy but maybe there are a lot of these super-fans still out there just keeping to themselves waiting to explode when the next Avatar comes out?

If Avatar changed his life, I don't want poop on it. But it sounds like he/she suffers from some sort of depression too, from the looks of it.

That was a really tame post compared to some of the ...things... I've read on there.

I agree. This movie didn't catch on due to its engaging plot or deep characters. It had neither. It was a big deal because it was a spectacle. It was the first of its kind in terms of 3D movies. But now, its common. The effects mean nothing now, they have been far surpassed. And with a series of new Star Wars movies looming, people can get their space opera fix elsewhere, with a franchise that is much deeper and have much more notoriety. In other words, Cameron waited too long and now the ship has sailed.

Has it?

4967369707_221b24e71a_b.jpg

I just did, and... I know we can be obsessive here but what a bunch of weirdos.

Have you seen the reaction to the new Star Wars? People have already gotten tattoos of the new characters before even seeing the movie

Those Avatar fans think Ewya (or whatever the goddess is called) in Avatar is actually real.

Those Avatar fans think Ewya (or whatever the goddess is called) in Avatar is actually real.

Wait what? This has gone past The Force being a religion (which tends to a running gag that could come true) but here...this might be a different case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"