James Cameron's Sequel to "AVATAR" - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://avatarblog.typepad.com/avatar-blog/2010/01/avatar-sequel-confirmed.html?fbid=75XvYC0sP7A

After muttering about how an AVATAR franchise would make sense and hinting that there could be a trilogy of AVATAR films, James Cameron has confirmed that there will be an AVATAR sequel, fueling speculation about how it might top the original.

Things we do know: There are two planned sequels but they won't be one continuous story, they'll be self-contained. They'll also follow Jake and Neytiri. It could take place around a different moon of Polyphemus this time, although producer Jon Landau has already hinted about exploring Pandora's interior. Some bloggers guess that James Cameron, famously obsessed with water, has an amazing underwater environment mapped out for Pandora. There are also different Na'vi tribes that call the planet their home and we never really got a sense of how intra-species politics work between the different tribes. Cameron confirmed he’s mapped out what will happen in the sequels, although he hasn’t written any scripts yet.

The good news? The sequels won't take four years to make. Cameron has said he can get them out faster than the first AVATAR.

One thing I think we can all agree on --- these Avatar sequels will be visually stunning.

Since he's got the tech established in the first film, it's gonna be easier for the crew to work on the sequels. It's gonna look amazing.

IMO they will create new tech. so it will be again a lot work for WETA.

they will update their computers and software. which means new and updated models.

no problem. :cwink:

I remain steadfast in believing that AVATAR had a recycled script but I'd be lying if I said the visuals and SFX/CGI didn't blow me away, and that I'm not excited to see what else James Cameron has in store for us with these sequels.

Here's hoping the script doesn't suck...

His script was 15+ year old when he wrote it down, It was something that he really wanted to make and call it recycled but there was nothing in it that was necessarily bad.

Before the first film was released i was more hyped for the sequel because i knew the film was going to be Pocahontas in space but that he would make a superior and great sequel

I think it works as a contained film. I'd like to see what they can do with the sequels but I'm not exactly clamoring for them.

He basically wants it to become as much of its own universe as Aliens and Terminator both did. Those were both just one shots that have expanded into all kinds of crazy ass characters, spinoffs, etc.

His script was 15+ year old when he wrote it down, It was something that he really wanted to make and call it recycled but there was nothing in it that was necessarily bad.

I didn't say it was bad. I just believe the script was a 'serviceable' one for the ground-breaking visuals. Certainly, Cameron had the opportunity to do something different with the concept of 'no protagonists and antagonists' but it didn't pan out that way.

What indicates that it will be even worse?
he said '' i am in the avatar business'' :csad:

i can not be positive when an artist is using the word ''business'' when talking about his next movie. :waa:

i know that movies are made for money. but for a director the reason for making a movie should never be businees.

^It's always business. It's how they make their livelihood.

he said '' i am in the avatar business'' :csad:

i can not be positive when an artist is using the word ''business'' when talking about his next movie. :waa:

i know that movies are made for money. but for a director the reason for making a movie should never be businees.

Well, saying "I am in the art of Avatar" or "I am in the Avatar art" doesn't sound too good. "Business" used in this context simply means that he will make only Avatar films from now on; not that he has abandoned art for money. But now we know he isn't sorely in the Avatar business don't we? He is back on the Battle Angel business.

Avatar has the best visuals and other films that have come since aren't really competing on that front. I think the strory told is going to be quite dfferent in Avatar 2 & will hopefully be a big improvement on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"