James Cameron's Sequel to "AVATAR" - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story was fine and it did it for an old geek, me. The movie was for everyone not only geeks or scifi fans.
End of Line.

Wasn't the original treatment, also called project 880 (citation needed), far more graphic and ballsy? I remember it opening with a suicide on an Avatar body by somebody who lost his Na'Vi girlfriend.

I doubt it since the "880" was basically a mission statement of making a film that would appeal to everyone "eight to eighty."

James Cameron Gives Avatar Sequels Update

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101674

Vznp2KT.jpg

It's crazy to think that Avatar opened in theaters more than three years ago, on December 18, 2009, but here we are. While it's been a while since we heard from James Cameron on Avatar 2 and Avatar 3, Play Goes Strong (via Bleeding Cool) caught up with the filmmaker not long ago and asked him for a status update.

"I'm working on 'Avatar 2' and 'Avatar 3.' I was talking the other day with Peter Jackson and said, 'You had it easy dude. You had the books when you did the second and third 'Lord of the Rings.' I have to create my own books in my head and extract a script from it. I'm deep into it and I'm living in Pandora right now. There is that start up torque where you feel it's coming to you. Then you build up momentum. That's when it gets fun. The characters talk and it's writing itself. I'm almost there right now. It's building fast," said Cameron.

He's currently working on the films at his new property in New Zealand. He added that "when you live in a special world like Pandora, you have to live in that world."

The first film is the biggest blockbuster of all-time, earning $2.782 billion at the worldwide box office, so does he feel pressure? "Pressure, no. It's a little daunting because sequels are always tricky. You have to be surprising and stay ahead of audience anticipation. At the same time, you have to massage their feet with things that they know and love about the first film. I've walked that line in the past, so I'm not too worried about it. At the same time, I definitely have to deliver the goods."

Cameron also couldn't give a new release date for the first sequel, saying that it will be determined when he can get the script to Twentieth Century Fox Film. Avatar 2 was originally targeted for a December, 2014 release and Avatar 3 for December, 2015.

I'm calling it now.
The sequels will be released in 60 fps

How will that even look? I saw the Hobbit in 48 fps and that took a lot to get used to.

How will that even look? I saw the Hobbit in 48 fps and that took a lot to get used to.

Hope not, my brain tells me 24FPS is "movie" quality.
48FPS, even though I know it supposed to be better, my brain says this looks "unprofessional".. really hard for me to explain.

I enjoyed the Hobbit much moreo nce I ended up seeing it in 24FPS.

(but this is just me.. and I am sure as the years pass 48FPS or more..will probably take over)

James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron. James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron!

Can't wait to see Pandora again. I loved the first one!

I'm looking forward to going back to Pandora :woot:

there is no update. Cameron is repeating himself every 6 months. he is writting 2 sequels.

True. It never seems like he is getting any closer to being finished. 2015 seems more and more unrealistic.

for 2015 to to happen they would need to start filming in the next months. which means we would have a lot of casting news.

dont belive that he is writting.

One thing I think we can all agree on --- these Avatar sequels will be visually stunning.

HA! The first film was too costly and too much special effect
Why would James Cameron bother with that when he can make another billion dollars with a much cheaper movie?
I’m guessing that the next avatar will be about two blue Dude and dudette visiting the earth
Just like in one sequel of the planet of the apes where zira and Cornelius was having fun with the humans until they exposed them
The same thing will happen in avatar II and Ah bet you'll see of one of them playing basketball like a pro with of them cretins in the NBA.

I like how James Cameron is just chilling with PJ and all "dude" with him. The funny thing is I can actually picture him talking to Jackson and saying "dude..."

HA! The first film was too costly and too much special effect
Why would James Cameron bother with that when he can make another billion dollars with a much cheaper movie?
I’m guessing that the next avatar will be about two blue Dude and dudette visiting the earth
Just like in one sequel of the planet of the apes where zira and Cornelius was having fun with the humans until they exposed them
The same thing will happen in avatar II and Ah bet you'll see of one of them playing basketball like a pro with of them cretins in the NBA.

1ltSZ8u.jpg

I'm afraid that people will not take him seriously the next time
According to him there's no death in science fiction ...Duh!
Bringing back dead people will only ridicules it.
I think he should let it go
Avatar is a good science fiction movie even "a little masterpiece" if you ask me
A second movie will only ruin its image
I think he should get some idea from me for his next science fiction movie; I have so many I am like the God of ideas.
:oldrazz:

wow he got the face twice in the same thread

I can't be the only one that really wishes that he ripped off the plot of Pocahontas 2 for the sequel. :D

...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"