• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Jon Watts IS Marvel & Sony's 'Spider-Man' Director

He can't be worse than Webb.
I'm curious how much micromanagement he had to put up with during his tenure. I do not doubt that Webb could've done some very good things with the character.

I'm curious how much micromanagement he had to put up with during his tenure. I do not doubt that Webb could've done some very good things with the character.

Yeah, Webb gets a lot of unneeded flack. I think he could've done some great stuff with the TASM series, had he been given more creative control.

Ah well, here's to Watts! :mnm:

A lot. James Horner (RIP :() said they didn't want any of Webb's input.

Borys Kit says that Watts was Feige's choice, so I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table!!
If this is the case, I'm alright with another indie director taking on the job. Hopefully they've learned from micromanaging the franchise. I'd be absolutely shocked if they repeat the same moves which caused their downfall.

Never heard of him. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Oh for **** sakes!! First Holland and now this. My enthusiasm for this movie is officially zero. I'm now looking more forwards to the animated feature film.

Never heard of this guy, but I hope for the best.

Another yes man? Meh

Someone atleast make him a Wikipedia page :D

i dont know this director's work. So at this time i dont have any positive or negative things to say. I did read one article saying jon was hand picked by kevin. So i am curious to see what watts brings to the table and hope for a kickbutt solo film.

I go out of my way to avoid trailers but seeing as I have zero intention of watching Cop Car I thought, why not. So anyway, the movie looks like it has a serious Coen Brothers sensibility. Muted colours and a dark and gritty visual tone.

How much do you want to bet the Spider-Man will be NOTHING like Cop Car with regards to visuals or tone. So why the **** chose this director?

Drew Goddard to this guy
Asa Butterfield to Tom Holland

What a downfall, not interested in this Spidey anymore!

I go out of my way to avoid trailers but seeing as I have zero intention of watching Cop Car I thought, why not. So anyway, the movie looks like it has a serious Coen Brothers sensibility. Muted colours and a dark and gritty visual tone.

How much do you want to bet the Spider-Man will be NOTHING like Cop Car with regards to visuals or tone. So why the **** chose this director?
You'd have to ask the people who actually sat down and discussed the project with him, I guess.

I don't get the hate. Was James Gunn a yes-man? Were the Russos? Just because he's a nobody indie director doesn't mean he was hired to be a "yes-man". After all, he was Fiege's pick, not Sony's.

I know right?!?!? Almost as bad as Marvel choosing the directors of You, Me, and Dupree for The Winter Solider! How awful!! :o

I don't get the hate. Was James Gunn a yes-man? Were the Russos? Just because he's a nobody indie director doesn't mean he was hired to be a "yes-man". After all, he was Fiege's pick, not Sony's.

Those are all Marvel guys, the Spidey solo movie will be all Sony, and they are known to micromanage with yes-men on the helm

Those are all Marvel guys, the Spidey solo movie will be all Sony, and they are known to micromanage with yes-men on the helm
Indications are that Watts is Feige's guy.

Feige is heavily involved as a producer and is reported to have chosen Watts himself.

Feige is heavily involved as a producer and is reported to have chosen Watts himself.

I am still not confident that Feige would be able to assert himself on the solo movie, Sony is putting up all the money and talking the profits, I am not sure they would allow Feige to make decisions

I am still not confident that Feige would be able to assert himself on the solo movie, Sony is putting up all the money and talking the profits, I am not sure they would allow Feige to make decisions

But he chose Watts

:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"