• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Homecoming Jon Watts IS Marvel & Sony's 'Spider-Man' Director

I have no idea who this is. But after the casting news I'm fairly happy to trust Marvel's judgment they have done ok with their director choices so far! :cwink:

I am still not confident that Feige would be able to assert himself on the solo movie, Sony is putting up all the money and talking the profits, I am not sure they would allow Feige to make decisions
They allowed Feige to make decisions as soon as they made a deal with Marvel Studios. And the inherent role of a producer is to make decisions.

Never heard of the guy so have no opinion on him either way, just hope he is able to give us an awesome Spidey movie as he is one of my top 2 favourite heroes.

Seesh on hate on director. Sure he is more green then some would have liked. But as various reports say Kevin picked him. Cause he saw something in him like joss the russo's and gunn. I think we should be fine. I hope he does tell a good and strong visual story.

Also to folks who think Kevin won't has any big say on solo. If that was case sony would have just not made deal. They need Kevin and marvel touch to revive spidey. So it's likely going to be more Kevin say and sony go with it.

Never heard of him, just like Holland. Given that I wasn't feeling any of the other rumored candidates for the job I'd say that's a good thing. Everything is starting with a clean slate here and I kinda like that. In Fiege I trust.

Excited to see what he brings to the table. He's definitely along the lines of mcu directors

Excited to see what he brings to the table. He's definitely along the lines of mcu directors

Yeah, I'm getting some serious James Gunn vibes from Watts. I think he'll do an excellent job at the helm! :up: :woot:

Ya let's just hope once the solo is in production sony heads are kept at arm length and don't try to get so gabby over things like the mess we heard of during both amazing films. Let's hope they learned from that and let the director do the story they are going to tell.

I wonder if his name was a small factor in him getting the gig. They wanted a John Hughes movie. Now they're getting a Jon Watts movie. Same kind of sound.

Between Gunn, Whedon, and the Russos, it seems as though Feige really enjoys filmmakers who take genre concepts or B-Movie material and put a unique and interesting spin on it. That appears to be in line with what Watts has done with Clown & Cop Car.
Sounds like an interesting choice.

Between Gunn, Whedon, and the Russos, it seems as though Feige really enjoys filmmakers who take genre concepts or B-Movie material and put a unique and interesting spin on it. That appears to be in line with what Watts has done with Clown & Cop Car.

Yeah. As green as this guy supposedly is, there must be a reason why Feige/Marvel sought to take a chance on him.

Thanks!Heres hoping it comes to my local place

Sort of like Mark Webb?

Similar. Not a huge factor in their decision by any means, but I'm sure they found it cool that Mark's name was Webb for a Spider-Man movie, and here it's probably another one of those things.

Seesh on hate on director. Sure he is more green then some would have liked. But as various reports say Kevin picked him. Cause he saw something in him like joss the russo's and gunn. I think we should be fine. I hope he does tell a good and strong visual story.

Also to folks who think Kevin won't has any big say on solo. If that was case sony would have just not made deal. They need Kevin and marvel touch to revive spidey. So it's likely going to be more Kevin say and sony go with it.

Yeah. Its really not all that inconsistent with Marvel's other directors. It's not even inconsistent with Sam Raimi. He'd done more stuff then Watts, but they were B movie titles such as Darkman and the Evil Dead films in addition to episodes of Hercules and Xenia. They weren't gonna get a Spielberg or JJ Abrams, so I really don't see what the big deal is.

Another inexperienced, no-name director like Marc Webb. What the hell man!?

Yeah. Its really not all that inconsistent with Marvel's other directors. It's not even inconsistent with Sam Raimi. He'd done more stuff then Watts, but they were B movie titles such as Darkman and the Evil Dead films in addition to episodes of Hercules and Xenia. They weren't gonna get a Spielberg or JJ Abrams, so I really don't see what the big deal is.

Raimi had several movies behind him. It's more like the Webb casting.
Sure, Marvel has previous with giving the gig to unknown directors with great results but Sony's previous with giving the gig to unknown director saw them walk all over him.

Raimi had several movies behind him. It's more like the Webb casting.
Sure, Marvel has previous with giving the gig to unknown directors with great results but Sony's previous with giving the gig to unknown director saw them walk all over him.

Yeah thats a reason I wanted Levine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"