Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some novelty to it for sure. Two key moments - the final Jackman's Wolverine film and it's rating.

Is that even official?

This movie looked like it cost 58 million just like Deadpool. Though I guess the paychecks for Patrick and Hugh bloated the budget.
This film has a higher budget than The Wolverine by a few million, so we will no doubt see a couple of nice action set pieces for sure. Deadpool took place in a few set locations, but Logan will no doubt have more and bigger action set pieces than Deadpool. The trailer seems far more bigger scale than DP already.

Last edited:
This is true. DP was a movie that worked on the budget it was made to have, plus the lead and cast came together to make it what it is. It did break down the door for more R movies to surface. It's about time Logan get a fair rating, to think it came only now just proves it'll be worth it in the end.

Well when it comes to the R-rating its fair to say that what works for deadpool might not work for wolverine, especially depending on how much of the box office take was it being over the R-rating.

But saying that fox must have faith in logan because it has a budget of over a 100 mil and is R-rated which is more than they gave deadpool, so they are clearly confident it should be fine

I'm going to guess too that Hugh Jackman's salary for his final film is roughly $27 million (He made $20 million for XMO:W). I'm pretty sure he got a slight bump in pay for The Wolverine as well.

So lets say he makes $27 million for this film and Patrick Stewart might make $5-$10 million for his role; that's the biggest chunk of the $127 million budget. The rest if for the rest of the film crew, director and other cast members.

Mangold seems to know how to stretch his budgets too.

This $127 million budget report is not even official. Remember how some sites said that Apocalypse had a budget of over $200 million (not that I believe that $178 million budget, but still). Not to mention, we don't know the Tax breaks.

From what i read on Statisticbrain.com jackmans salary for these movies has gone like this

X-Men - $500.000
X-Men 2 - $1.000.000
X-Men 3 - $5.000.000
X-Men Origins - $20.000.000
The Wolverine - $20.000.000
X-Men: Days of future past - $7.000.000

Last edited:
Interesting that Jackman took such a steep pay cut for DOFP.

Just read that the Last Of Us film has been scrapped. Did it feel redundant in the wake of this? As a huge fan of the game, I love the familiarity of this trailer.

I hope this movie will end up being a worthy substitute. I loved heart and psychology of the Last of Us and I personally never wanted a live action movie, because they game was already a movie. I feel pretty attached to the look and sound of that world and it's characters, they were alive enough. I don't think live actors can replace them.

But in a form of Logan - by all means.

Interesting that Jackman took such a steep pay cut for DOFP.

Just read that the Last Of Us film has been scrapped. Did it feel redundant in the wake of this? As a huge fan of the game, I love the familiarity of this trailer.

And people say the Ot cast is that expensive.

He probably got a cut since its an ensemble cast led film unlike the Wolverine movies in which the cast was smaller and was mostly Wolverine.

From what i read on Statisticbrain.com jackmans salary for these movies has gone like this

X-Men - $500.000
X-Men 2 - $1.000.000
X-Men 3 - $5.000.000
X-Men Origins - $20.000.000
The Wolverine - $20.000.000
X-Men: Days of future past - $7.000.000

I believe all of this except DOFP. I read Hugh, Singer and the OT cast got really good salaries for the film. Maybe Hugh received a % of the Box Office

I believe all of this except DOFP. I read Hugh, Singer and the OT cast got really good salaries for the film. Maybe Hugh received a % of the Box Office

Well $7.000.000 is still a pretty good salary in its own right.

Last edited:
Well $7.000.000 is still a pretty good salary in its own right.

lol. No it definitely is. I just remember reading that's why Fox didn't make more of a profit on DOFP, because of massive paydays for Jackman and Singer.

Really surprised for X3 too. I figured he made around $15 million.

Yeah, I read the same thing somewhere. That half of the budget for the movie went to the stars, with Jackman and even the returning of Singer being the most expensive.

Cx4MQMhWIAAvdEY.jpg

I don't know why, but upon seeing the knuckles, my first thought was when Rogue asked Logan way back in X-Men if it hurts when his claws come out, and his response was a very calm 'Every time.'

I don't know why, but upon seeing the knuckles, my first thought was when Rogue asked Logan way back in X-Men if it hurts when his claws come out, and his response was a very calm 'Every time.'
I always loved that scene. Singer handled Wolverine's introduction to film remarkably well. The scene where he first reveals claws still holds up really well.

I always loved that scene. Singer handled Wolverine's introduction to film remarkably well. The scene where he first reveals claws still holds up really well.
X1 is great, it sets up everything so well, I love the air of mystery it has to it, it feels like our world but a bit different, it's too unfairly dragged through the mud because of Toad owning the X-Men and Storm's crappy lightning line.

X1 is great, it sets up everything so well, I love the air of mystery it has to it, it feels like our world but a bit different, it's too unfairly dragged through the mud because of Toad owning the X-Men and Storm's crappy lightning line.
I agree. Does it look outdated? Yeah. But it's a film that I believe gets more right than it gets wrong.

Logan in this film must be in perpetual agony due to his delayed healing factor in this film, hence his shaking hands. But I'm very excited for this film to come full circle and parallel Logan's relationship with Rogue in the first film, only with X-23 of all characters. I haven't read all the comics featuring Laura, but I don't think the comics have ever depicted Laura/Logan in a father/daughter way before so I'm very excited for it.

Logan in this film must be in perpetual agony due to his delayed healing factor in this film, hence his shaking hands. But I'm very excited for this film to come full circle and parallel Logan's relationship with Rogue in the first film, only with X-23 of all characters. I haven't read all the comics featuring Laura, but I don't think the comics have ever depicted Laura/Logan in a father/daughter way before so I'm very excited for it.
Yeah I honestly can't wait for this. I guess this movie kinda feels like the end of an era, and I think it is supposed to be. After this it is onto Deadpool, X-Force, New Mutants, and hopefully the re-imagined X-Men.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/logan-exclusive-new-look-hugh-jackman-wolverine/
Logan-Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine.jpg

Logan: exclusive new look at Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine

The new issue of Empire arrives on Thursday, and as usual comes packed with a heaving bounty of filmic treasures. It's hard to pick a highlight, but leading up this month’s Preview section is this rather striking image of Hugh Jackman as iconic X-Man Wolverine, carrying the girl known as Laura/X-23 (Dafne Keane) during Wolverine's swansong movie Logan.

This is a very different Wolverine to the one we’re used to: greying, bearded, covered in scars...after nine films and 17 years in the role, Jackman is clearly not interested in going out with a whimper. Director James Mangold told us that he hoped to focus on the fast-healing mutant’s vulnerable side. “The goal was to make something human,” says Mangold. “We made an effort to scale back on the gloss and greenscreen.”

This chimes with what we saw from page 2 of Logan’s script, in which Mangold wrote: “if you’re on the make for a hyper choreographed, gravity defying, city-block destroying CG *beep* this ain’t your movie.”

Jackman agrees with the sentiment. "It's essential you see this as the story of a man who is struggling with mortality and legacy," the actor tells us, "and whether the world has been better off with him or without him."

For more on Logan, including another exclusive on-set image of Jackman and Patrick Stewart, be sure to pick up a copy of Empire, on sale from Thursday 24 November.

Subscribers will already have started receiving their copies, of course. Fancy getting the world’s biggest movie magazine before everybody else, with exclusive covers to boot? You’ll want to subscribe to Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"