Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangold wanted to say this isnt X-Men Apocalypse in nice way.

Heck, that's practically a dig at not just Fox, but Marvel Studios and DC as well...and I love it. But yeah, between Apocalypse, Dawn of Justice, the CGI-fests in The Avengers and Age of Ultron, it'd be nice to get something that doesn't end with one long video game cutscene.

Hell if anything, X-Men did the whole CGI ****-a-thon too late compared to the other studios. It's why Apoc had no novelty.

Wolverine is one of the greatest hand to hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, able to fight Captain America for crying out loud. I'm glad to see Wolverine fighting cyborgs and genetically engineered soldiers with glowing metal claws in a gritty film with X-23 in Hugh's last film.

Mangold wanted to say this isnt X-Men Apocalypse in nice way.

I know you're joking but that script page where it said this was probably done by the writer before knowing what the Act 3 of Apocalypse looked like.

Heck with how this franchise has been done, Mangold probably didn't know either.

Mangold was taking shot at entire genre

I didn't think an old man logan film would excite or intrest me but mangold and rest have intrigured me.

Hell if anything, X-Men did the whole CGI ****-a-thon too late compared to the other studios. It's why Apoc had no novelty.

Wolverine is one of the greatest hand to hand combatants in the Marvel Universe, able to fight Captain America for crying out loud. I'm glad to see Wolverine fighting cyborgs and genetically engineered soldiers with glowing metal claws in a gritty film with X-23 in Hugh's last film.

Glowing metal claws? Was that in the trailer?

Glowing metal claws? Was that in the trailer?
That was just a joke. This film looks to be taking inspiration from The Adamantium Men, in which Logan has to fight some faux Weapon X clones with glowing claws. Don't think they'll glow in the film but I'm fairly certain the film will feature some Reavers with claws.

That quote from Mangold is classic.

We made an effort to scale back on the gloss and greenscreen…If you’re on the make for a hyper choreographed, gravity defying, city-block destroying CG f***athon, this ain’t your movie.”
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...eases-the-grim-final-film#EPtFgvL9xdAItAxP.99

well, after The Wolverine's horrible ending that ruined a great movie for me, he needs to say something like this to convince us to come back and see another Wolverine movie...

well, after The Wolverine's horrible ending that ruined a great movie for me, he needs to say something like this to convince us to come back and see another Wolverine movie...

Very true. But I think Mangold knows many fans loved the first 2 acts of the film, but were pretty let down by the third act.

I'm hoping we get a Wolverine film with all it's strengths, but none of its weaknesses.

CyBs9MQXgAAKFq-.jpg:large

I'm not looking for another 3rd act that's a CGI mess or detracts from the overall movie like The Wolverine (still a good movie though), but I would at least hope the Reavers are a bit more cybernetic than the odd prosthetic limb like we've seen in the trailer.

Seeing Xavier like that... that still hasn't lost it's impact. So sad.

So is the water tank supposed to make xavier feel like he's in cerebro

Man, it's really rather depressing watch Xavier in that state :csad:

It's actually good to see how close they became since they first met :)

Our first quote from Mangold about Dafne Keen in the role that I missed during the Empire mag previews.

"If anyone could steal a movie from Hugh Jackman, it would be Dafne. She carries, all the time, a slight strangeness. I could never have gotten this done without Hugh. You're going to see him doing some of the best work I've ever seen him do."

http://heroichollywood.com/logan-di...king-human-wolverine-film-praises-dafne-keen/

Hope we get to see more from the Empire magazine soon.

Really looking forward to this one. I haven't been particularly blown away by the X franchise, although I've liked several things about the recent films. I've always felt that the ax Men comics have so much more potential that the films just never quite reached (DOFP probably came the closest). But this trailer looks like it might just hit the nail on the head. Kind of a shame that this will be Jackman's final turn as the character, seeing as how they're just now figuring out how to get it right.

I think Hugh Jackman makes a great Logan, but I'd be glad to see a rebooted X Men franchise that doesn't HAVE to focus so much on Wolverine. I feel like they could have rebooted at First Class but decided Jackman was too bankable so instead let's just ignore and hope people forget a lot of previous stuff and retcon the rest with time travel.

But Logan looks great so far. I only wish they had done this with the character to begin with. An epic Logan trilogy, the first being an epic war film about the Weapon X program (that we aren't supposed to just forget it ever happened), the second being influenced by samurai films, and the third being what we're getting here with the Old Man Logan story with Western Unforgiven influences. Man, if only....

I'm also a huge Johnny Cash fan, so I was pumped up to hear the opening A minor chord to Hurt when I first saw the trailer. Btw, there's also a really good video on Affleck's Bruce Wayne set to Cash's Hurt on YouTube, like it shows him holding the spear or staring at Robin's suit while the music is building to "What have I become? My sweetest friend..." kinda like the original Cash video

Read the Empire article, there wwre some interesting new details about the story which make me look forward to the movie even more, I will put them in spoilers just in case.

[BLACKOUT]Logan works as a limo driver so he can support an elderly Xavier. Does this possibly mean he did kill all of the X-Men and he is looking after Xavier through guilt?

Also, no mutants have been born for 20 years and Laura is the first to happen for a while, Mangold still wouldnt confirm her as X23. But obviously Laura offers hope that not all mutants are gone and thats why Xavier wants Logan to protect her.[/BLACKOUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"