Falcon and Winter Soldier Marvel Studios' FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER - Disney + Original

Honest question: is it because you prefer BuckyCap or because you do not like SamCap?
I personally hope to get a couple movies with SamCap and would trade him only for the original...
I know, I know, we even haven't got Sam in the costume yet live action wise but I love that version, I am sure I'll love it.
CUT THE CHECK!
I'll be honest, it's because I really like the idea of Winter Soldier becoming Cap.

August 2020 does seem too far for a streaming show. But if this is really gonna feature production values of a mcu film, then I wouldn't complain. And its nice that they have the same director for all of the episodes, for consistency.

I wish the other Marvel shows only featured 6 episodes per season, as the pacing is usually slow and the shows aren't as engaging as the mcu films. It also doesn't help that those shows don't like costumes that inspired by the comic books, and the action isn't that memorable. I hope these Disney+ shows would be different.
Whether they're good or not, they'll definitely be different.

Glad to see a projected release date. Since it seemed like they were filming relatively soon, I'm surprised it's so far out.
3-4 months for filming and 4 months for post-production. You're right. We should be seeing this in say June or so.

That's odd that Emily VanCamp is in this considering she wasn't in Endgame. I always thought she'd show up on Agents of Shield, but she never did.

Also what are they going to do with Zemo?

I wonder if Falcon and Bucky will only be in costume in the last 15 minutes of episode 6.
Yeah I never understood why she couldn't do a few eps on AoS especially since her series was on ABC. It ended when season 2 of AoS ended.

I'll be honest, it's because I really like the idea of Winter Soldier becoming Cap.
That's fair.
I like all of them, WalkerCap included.
Even though I would be more than happy to see them each get their turn at "officially" being Cap for a long-ish time, I think in live action there will be room for only one permanent legacy Cap.
I made my peace with that, and Sam would be my personal preference.

Of course they are welcome to prove me wrong and give us two new trilogy of movies for Sam and Bucky each. :D
Heck, I even would want Jack Flag introduced.

I have no problem with Sam being new Cap but I feel we haven’t seen why he’s earned the mantle yet. We spent time with skinny Steve and saw what made him a good man.

Sam is a good person as much as you and I but we haven’t seen the acts of self sacrifice or perseverance yet that Steve showed. That’s no fault of Sam since he’s been a sidekick in the movies so hopefully the series fleshes him out more.

I kinda think something like this is in the cards. Especially with U.S. Agent having been talked about when initial reports were first coming to light.

I'm also thinking we might see Pleasant Hill and/or Kobik maybe in S2

I think Sam will remain as Falcon for the majority of the show after the US government names a new official Captain America. He will then put on the Stars and Stripes to fight for the title in the final episode.

I think Sam will remain as Falcon for the majority of the show after the US government names a new official Captain America. He will then put on the Stars and Stripes to fight for the title in the final episode.

Maybe the last 15 minutes!

This could have a good buddy cop feel.

Sam Wilson Captain America

sam_wilson_captain_america_by_ehnony_dafqvnu-pre.jpg

The thing about the Cap mantle is that the movies didn't really emphasize how big a deal it should be.

how big a deal should it be?
Pretty big, I'd say.

Like, Captain America is an outfit and an identity that Steve Rogers wore, and that's it.

The symbolism and what the mantle represents is something we have plain not seen emphasized.

The First Avenger makes clear that from public appearances and other mediums Captain America was a cultural phenomenon in the states BEFORE hrme even started actually going in the field. Then he succesfully frees a labor camp of its Allied POWs. Then he becomes a publicly known key figure in the war.

In Avengers 1 we see Coulson explain what Cap's historical significance was and it is plain what that meant to him personally, not to mention the call back to his cultural significance with the collectable cards. Banner clearly knows and respects Cap upon first meeting him. The history between Howard Stark and Cap is apparent in the reaction Tony has towards him, Tony who is himself a widely known public figure, yet he is resentful of Steve because of the pedistal his father and others had put Cap on all his life. The authority Cap has because of who he is and what he's done is apparent in the "Son... Just don't" moment and the "Call it Cap" line by Tony.

Winter Soldier has Cap, his WWII era exploits and his return as subjects of a Smithsonian Museum exhibit. When later the Hydra conspiracy is uncovered Cap's reputation and authority is once more displayed in others' reaction to him, the "Captain's orders" moment where even under threat of death SHIELD members not coopted by the bad guys would rather follow Steve's lead.

Civil War is literally all about how Cap's authority based upon his legacy is enough to turn half the Avengers team to his side.

Spider-Man Homecoming shows that after his return to the modern day Cap was being used to do public service announcements, again, based on the esteem and legacy Steve had built up.

Now after IW/EG, Cap was the hero that never gave up on setting right what Thanos did and spearheaded the attempt to undo the snap even when others like Tony Stark were content to do nothing (until guilt over Peter Parker finally made Tony consider the possibility that Steve had brought to his attention...) and ultimately led to the pitched battle against Thanos' forces which led to the threat of the Mad Titan being vanquished for good.

I'm sorry but... What the legacy and mantle of Captain America means has been more than established in the MCU.

I can't wait until it starts filming. 6 episodes is gonna be SWEET!

I am assuming 45-60 mins per episode. So let's say 50 mins per episode to be safe. Show is going to be around 300 mins long. Not bad :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"