The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

No, I mean what medium? Movies, comics, etc. Cause that is going to change my answer. My guess is we are assuming comic book. If so, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Lex Luthor, and Galactus for me.
Yes, it definitely matters. Thanos would be probably the best example. He's nowhere near tops for me in the comics, but given what he meant with his build and exposure, I don't see how one can keep him off a films only list.

Thanos is goddamn terrible in the comics. :funny:
how-dare-you-angry.gif

Terrible? This?!

1714527627237.png

1714527667232.png

Can't be with yall on comic Thanos being crap. Thanos is great in the comics, but the movie version definitely is going to go down as the iconic one

GMa3kaxXEAApMjK

The DCEU being this chaotic even as it was in its death throes is so funny. We really need the behind the scenes documentary someday.

This article, while focused on Johnson, has a nice little section on Hiram Garcia, which, oh my dear ****ing god, did DC miss a bullet. A Whedon sized, Astonishing X-men sized bullet.

This article, while focused on Johnson, has a nice little section on Hiram Garcia, which, oh my dear ****ing god, did DC miss a bullet. A Whedon sized, Astonishing X-men sized bullet.

There's a lot of drama in this article but this one sticks out to me

“On set, away from his trailer, if he needs to pee, he doesn’t go to the public bathroom,” one insider who knows the movie star well said. “He pees in a Voss water bottle and his team or a PA has to dispose of it.”

Um...what lol?

“On set, away from his trailer, if he needs to pee, he doesn’t go to the public bathroom,” one insider who knows the movie star well said. “He pees in a Voss water bottle and his team or a PA has to dispose of it.”

Um...what lol?
Why a Voss water bottle? Who's the poor soul that has to wash it? 😞

That would've been the dumpster fire of all dumpster fires if Garcia got to run DC.

But this article just tells me The Rock learned all of his little tricks from his mentor Vinnie Mac. He's not as shrewd or bright as he wants people to believe that he is, but we always knew that.

Um...what lol?

Many, many moons ago when I was an overachieving production assistant, I had to handle the talent's freshly pumped breastmilk. That'll be a chapter in my tell all one day.

They don't pay PAs enough for the pee filled Voss bottle BS.

There probably was a lot cut from AOU involving Thor. I know Loki was originally supposed to make an appearance but that may have been as part of a vision similar to Heimdall's cameo.

As for Endgame, I think they went a little overboard with the humor around Thor but there were some aspects of his arc in that movie that I liked, such as getting closure with Frigga and his determination to snap everyone back into existence as a way of redeeming himself for not getting to Thanos in time. Either way it was a step down from what he was given through Ragnarok and Infinity War.

They really went overboard with the humor in Love and Thunder. I'm not too surprised Hemsworth is now saying he felt like he was playing a parody of Thor and got a little too into the improve stuff

They missed out Thanos’ fetishes which are as crucial to the character as Doom’s extreme pettiness and obsessions. These are also the best things about them. Hopefully Victor gets justice, not too late for him. I want him aggressively blaming Reed and throwing a huge tantrum & wrecking his dining table when the milk and custard dessert he’s made for his solo lunch explodes in his face.

I still love how in the comics he does all that to impress Death, and she's just like...
View attachment 89085

Dude couldn't read the room.
Death being so apathetic to Thanos causing a catastrophic amount of destruction in the universe cracked me up when I read The Infinity Gauntlet.

c1b093647305e559e6f46c04344ec349d1ded950.gif

I'm sure that Whedon was trying to plant that seed with the line "To challenge them is to court death" at the end of the first Avengers but I know I don't speak only for myself by saying that I'm glad they went with a different direction for Thanos in the MCU. I don't dislike the idea of Thanos being obsessed with the embodiment of Death but cinematically I think his crusade to wipe out half of all life in the universe made for a more interesting storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"