Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some super-nerdy attentive details spotted there. JAR walking past the action figure display?

Yeah, I'm thinking Mar-Vell, too. Or at least Rick Jones, and they're doing the whole body-switching thing.

Makes me wonder now if Skye's real name is Carol Danvers....nah.

Yeah, it's seeming a little more likely now. Seems obvious he's playing someone who was originally white in the comics since the producer brought up the fact that JAR's race didn't keep him from getting the part.

As for Carol, I don't think we've seen her yet. They need a somewhat recognizable name for that role since she'd likely transition to A2. I'm guessing she's introduced mid-season, or whenever the reveal happens with JAR.

Last edited:
I'm loving all this mystery and speculation for who JAR is! :woot: This'll be awesome either way. :)

After watching this, I'm pretty confident that Super powers will look great on the show. This is just a web series, I'd imagine that a TV show with a decent budget could do a lot better.

[YT]6M5pYyW6lLw[/YT]

That was a awful portrayal of Thor.:dry:

Asgard -1 Krypton - 0 :BA

I think the main reason JAR is not wearing a costume is because they want to keep his character secret. If he wears a costume we'll automatically know who he is and the writers are playing coy on who the character is. I don't think he's a original character because then theres no point in teasing us. (and boy will I be pissed off.)

Just thinking that if this debuts around mid-September, I would not be at all surprised if at the end of the pilot episode we also get the debut of Thor:TDW theatrical trailer #2. It would be great hype for both this show and the movie.

That'd be great but I want another trailer before August. It's too bad the show will air before the movie comes out. They could really hype up the show with a ad before the movie.(during the coming attractions.) I remember the summer that Lost came out was the first time I saw a tv commercial before a movie. Alot of people thought it was a movie trailer because it looked so good.

I doubt we get another Thor trailer prior to September. It seems like Marvel likes to release that final full trailer about a month or so prior to the film release. This actually lines up quite nicely with AoS, depending on its premier date.

Between this show, Thor:TDW and probably a Cap trailer with Thor its going to be non-stop Marvel hype the rest of the year.

I think the main reason JAR is not wearing a costume is because they want to keep his character secret. If he wears a costume we'll automatically know who he is and the writers are playing coy on who the character is. I don't think he's a original character because then theres no point in teasing us. (and boy will I be pissed off.)

plus he's not affiliate with anyone yet so he would have no need for a costume.

That'd be great but I want another trailer before August. It's too bad the show will air before the movie comes out. They could really hype up the show with a ad before the movie.(during the coming attractions.) I remember the summer that Lost came out was the first time I saw a tv commercial before a movie. Alot of people thought it was a movie trailer because it looked so good.

Aw man I miss Lost, I didn't watch it until last year and wow did I love it.

Really? I wouldn't mind at all if Richards' character were an original one made for the show. I mean, comic creators constantly lament how difficult it is to launch new characters and have them get any kind of traction with fans, most of whom are longtime readers that already have their long list of favorites. A TV series aimed at the broadest possible audience (just like the movies) seems like a good place to get those new concepts off the ground, especially if they want to diversify the universe so that 90% of the major characters aren't white men anymore.

Or hopefully they forget The Punisher exists entirely. :o

2Zu7jxG.gif

The Punisher would be awesome to return. And MARVEL now has the rights, so it's entirely possible. Thomas Jane IS Punisher to mass audiences and fans. However, can we get him to reprise the role? Or would that involve some complications with Lionsgate (or was it New Line?) That's the only thing I'm worried about. Does MARVEL have just Punisher character rights, or can it use the likeness of the films as well?

I don't think Martin freeman agrees with anything, if the gifs of him are any indication.

Punisher has had more than his fair share of chances to make it in live action. I say give a chance to other characters that haven't yet, Marvel has plenty.

posted a couple more peices of SHIELD art in the art thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back