• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is all fine and good for me. I'm fine with having older mutants in leadership roles like Cyclops and Jean, but I firmly believe the main heroes will be young. It makes sense for practical reasons (Able to lock into a long term commitment to roles) marketing reasons (Kid and teen adventures are all the rage these days in pop culture) social perspective (Youth taking up the charge to change the world being a highly relevant real life storyline) and it returns to what the heart of the X-Men originally was.
Cyclops and Jean should be the main heroes imo. I want a film focusing on the core X-Men and developing the relationships and family bonds that the Singer Films never tried to do. Them being mentor figures to a new group of mutants Is something that should happen after they've had their run and are ready to pass the baton. That's like finale of a trilogy of films material imo. The core members need to be built up first

I think we can both agree that it's likely that the new X-Men will be young regardless of what the lineup will be for a multitude of practical reasons. That's something I could see Disney itself pushing for

She's like 5'2 I'm not even joking she's not tall enough otherwise I'd agree.

Height doesn't matter in these things. They can have a 5'2" Storm next to a 6'2" Wolverine and use camera tricks, lifts and boxes to make Wolverine look shorter than Storm, even in wide angle shots. :o

Darren Criss is too good-looking for Logan, IMO.

After rereading Ultimate X-Men “The Tomorrow People” that's where Feige and future director/writers should base the first movie off of. There area some pretty good ideas that set up mutant struggle; Iceman/Storm/Colossus/Hank being recruited by Jean,sentinels, prejudice, mistrust in the government, brotherhood terrorism and the X-Men’s first mission would make for a great film.

The beginning of the film can start with news clips of the looming mutant problem just to catch the audience up and not repeat the Fox films. I’d take out the Wolverine trying to kill Xavier subplot and save him for a sequel that deals with Weapon X capturing mutants and using them as Assassins, no Stryker but John Wraith instead and introducing New mutants; Rogue, Gambit, etc

I also like how Scott mistrusts the Professor and doubts his dream. I like how the Brotherhood feels like actual terrorist however I’ll replace SW/Quicksilver with Avalanche, Blob, Pyro, Mastermind, Toad. I know you guys are tired of Magneto but he wouldn’t have a major part in this film. I’m the third act I’ll have him wage a war on DC, with sentinels he reprogrammed threatens to kill the Pres on live tv, the X-Men fight him and Charles mind wipes Eric with the public thinking he killed him. The X-Men wins the trust of the president but the future of mutant and human coalition still seems murky.

Personally, the idea of updating Magento's backstory to more recent genocide has grown on me quite bit so I think Marvel should do it when they eventually reintroduce him.

They would have to take the time to explain any kind decelerated aging, and I think it may be better not to waste any time doing that.

I agree. I'd rather see him playing...

NorthStar_X-573x670.jpg

That's the kind of characters I want to see in the X-Men films. Ones that were never touched by Fox. Deeper cuts, with some classic favorites. Also, give us some LGBT characters!

Kevin Feige said they're coming. And Fox has some of the most popular LGBTQ characters.

We just have to wait now.

The X-Men definitely expand the field for LGBT representation by leaps and bounds. I'd all but guarantee Iceman will be a major player and openly gay in the next franchise.

Cyclops and Jean should be the main heroes imo. I want a film focusing on the core X-Men and developing the relationships and family bonds that the Singer Films never tried to do. Them being mentor figures to a new group of mutants Is something that should happen after they've had their run and are ready to pass the baton. That's like finale of a trilogy of films material imo. The core members need to be built up first

I think we can both agree that it's likely that the new X-Men will be young regardless of what the lineup will be for a multitude of practical reasons. That's something I could see Disney itself pushing for
I know I'm biased since Beast is the only member of the O5 I've ever cared for, but regardless of that I definitely think they're going to play fast and loose with eras in regards to the core hero team. Judging by how they handled Spidey, they'll definitely want to highlight mutants who haven't been the focus before.

They would have to take the time to explain any kind decelerated aging, and I think it may be better not to waste any time doing that.
They could just keep him out of the 1st movie and say that he'd been captured by shield in the 80's and locked in a prison made up of his magnetic field, which has kept him young and he's released from the prison at the end of the movie.

They could just keep him out of the 1st movie and say that he'd been captured by shield in the 80's and locked in a prison made up of his magnetic field, which has kept him young and he's released from the prison at the end of the movie.
I dig this theory because it could tie Erik to Hydra/Von Strucker and it's not as contrived as "slow aging". It makes Magneto much more of force of nature- that he was so powerful that he had to be locked up in a stasis/paralysis and now he's being released onto the world.

Only problem is Charles and doing another "Man out of time" type thing unless you have Magneto conscious for all of those years, only locked up like a normal prison essentially.

I dig this theory because it could tie Erik to Hydra/Von Strucker and it's not as contrived as "slow aging". It makes Magneto much more of force of nature- that he was so powerful that he had to be locked up in a stasis/paralysis and now he's being released onto the world.

Only problem is Charles and doing another "Man out of time" type thing unless you have Magneto conscious for all of those years, only locked up like a normal prison essentially.
I've thought it would be him staying conscious. But even not, I don't think it's enough of a time shift for there to be a culture shock in being a man out of time. Not that there isn't an interesting idea behind Erik seeing that in spite of 30 year time difference, there are similar problems. And Charles is more simple. He and Erik are just different ages, but were still close friends and saw eachother as brothers and equals despite their age difference. I think that's an interesting dynamic.

Last edited:
I've thought it would be him staying conscious. But even not, I don't think it's enough of a time shift for there to be a culture shock in being a man out of time. Not that there isn't an interesting idea behind Erik seeing that in spite of 30 year time difference, there are similar problems. And Charles is more simple. He and Erik are just different ages, but were still close friends and saw eachother as brothers and equals despite their age difference. I think that's an interesting dynamic.
Wouldn't Charles have to be over 30 years younger than Erik, though? Assuming he's in his 50s? You could do a story of him having Charles and Erik as a mentor/mentoree dynamic but that would be weird. A 50 year old Erik mentoring a 20-something Charles before he's captured

Mags and SW/QS all tied to Von Strucker...could be interesting!

Wouldn't Charles have to be over 30 years younger than Erik, though? Assuming he's in his 50s? You could do a story of him having Charles and Erik as a mentor/mentoree dynamic but that would be weird. A 50 year old Erik mentoring a 20-something Charles before he's captured
Not mentoring. More like Erik respecting him as a man and seeing him as wise beyond his years, in spite of Charles being in his 20's. Their friendship doesn't have to be because they're the same age, but based on their ideas of mutant freedom.

That's the kind of characters I want to see in the X-Men films. Ones that were never touched by Fox. Deeper cuts, with some classic favorites. Also, give us some LGBT characters!

I would love that! When I was a closeted teen and found out Northstar was openly gay and a superhero, I can’t tell you how big an explosion went on in my heart.

Northstar and sunfire are two characters I would be so happy to see on film

Eh... he's not THAT good looking. If they make him uglier I can see it working.

I promise you Darren Criss is very good looking

Not mentoring. More like Erik respecting him as a man and seeing him as wise beyond his years, in spite of Charles being in his 20's. Their friendship doesn't have to be because they're the same age, but based on their ideas of mutant freedom.

But their ideas are the polar opposite of each other? :huh:

The X-Men definitely expand the field for LGBT representation by leaps and bounds. I'd all but guarantee Iceman will be a major player and openly gay in the next franchise.

I really want to see a gay Bobby. I really, really do.

Bobby, Raven, Karma, Northstar, Shatterstar and Rictor are some of the biggest names they have. They all should be portrayed as LGBT. Rictor and Shatterstar should be on TV tho.

Eh... he's not THAT good looking. If they make him uglier I can see it working.

So he’s still good-looking then?

I promise you Darren Criss is very good looking

Right? His half Asian/Flip side makes him all the more beautiful.

Dude is your typical pretty boy. Last thing we need is a Logan women would swoon over. Again.

screw bendis forever for gay iceman, it also made jean look like an invasive privacy violating character

more original lgbt characters. not his stupid need to try and "leave a mark" on every book he touches for inclusive points

Why is Gay iceman bad?

He didnt say gay Iceman is bad. He commented on the writer that wrote that and I'd agree. I overall enjoyed Bendis' run but that was one of the most poorly executed decision he made while on the X-books. It was cringeworthy and done purely for shock value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"