• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Disney loves to recycle their stars for different roles. It would be a good look to see a strong, confident and intelligent Jean Grey in the MCU and Emma Watson has all of those qualities. She can have that vulnerability but at the same time I’d buy her taking on Magneto.

It also wouldn’t shock me if they go with Kerry Washington as Storm. Playing Olivia Pope on Scandal for all these years is excellent practice for Ororo. Not that it means anything, but I read somewhere Iger really likes her.

I don't mind Jean being a British but the rest. I want

Banshee/Moira - Irish
Psylocke - British
Kurt - German
Colossus/Magik - Russian

A lot of Fox films didn't stay true to their nationality. I think Kurt/Logan were the only ones that had their nationality (and accent) right in all of the films they have appeared in.

Almost correct except for Moira. She is Scottish. Betsy/Psylocke is more specifically English as 'British' is a catch all term for English, Scots, Welsh & Northern Irish.

And Disney loves to recycle their stars for different roles. It would be a good look to see a strong, confident and intelligent Jean Grey in the MCU and Emma Watson has all of those qualities. She can have that vulnerability but at the same time I’d buy her taking on Magneto.

It also wouldn’t shock me if they go with Kerry Washington as Storm. Playing Olivia Pope on Scandal for all these years is excellent practice for Ororo. Not that it means anything, but I read somewhere Iger really likes her.
Kerry Washington is 41 years old, far too old for what they would be going for. And even discounting age, I want Storm's actress to have a commanding, powerful energy like a compassionate but powerful goddess. I'm not a fan of Aja or Kerry for this reason.. I feel like their version of Storm would be closer to Halle Berry's interpretation of Storm. Too soft and sweet. That's why I preferred Shipp's Storm to Berry

The actress posted on the previous page, Yaya Decosta, is the kind of vibe I want Storm to have:
2v189ol.jpg

Powerful, exotic, commanding but still compassionate. There's a reason why Charles appointed Storm as the new leader of the X-Men after Scott left post-Dark Phoenix/Jean's death.

Logan Browning is the only other actress that I've seen that excudes that same type of energy and qualities that I want for Storm

bHUPbNdl.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea who that second image is Jh7058622 and I forget the name of the 3rd, but I think 3rd looks too boyish. Shia is an interesting idea, but he's 32, and despite that I can see some kind of look there, I don't know if I see him in the role.

EDIT: 3rd is Emile Hirsch!
Yeah to me Emile and Shia are far better choices that look like the character.

The second guy is Jonathan Bailey a British actor.

Kerry Washington is 41 years old, far too old for what they would be going for. And even discounting age, I want Storm's actress to have a commanding, powerful energy like a compassionate but powerful goddess. I'm not a fan of Aja or Kerry for this reason.. I feel like their version of Storm would be closer to Halle Berry's interpretation of Storm. Too soft and sweet. That's why I preferred Shipp's Storm to Berry

The actress posted on the previous page, Yaya Decosta, is the kind of vibe I want Storm to have:
2v189ol.jpg

Powerful, exotic, commanding but still compassionate. There's a reason why Charles appointed Storm as the new leader of the X-Men after Scott left post-Dark Phoenix/Jean's death.

Logan Browning is the only other actress that I've seen that excudes that same type of energy and qualities that I want for Storm

bHUPbNdl.jpg

You’re on the right path with Yaya. She does have the attitude for Storm and the look, but I’m not sure if she could carry a franchise. Normally they always give her bit parts in movies. I like Logan Browning too, but IMO MCU Storm should be darker skinned than we’ve seen before. Give her a more accurate look.

LOL at liking Shipp over Berry’s Storm. Homegirl didn’t even have lines in Apocalypse, just CGI thunderbolts and a scowl. I really hope they don’t bring her over.

bHUPbNdl.jpg

People will be pissed if they pick yet another biracial actress to play Storm and after Black Panther, I have confidence that they wont

People will be pissed if they pick yet another biracial actress to play Storm and after Black Panther, I have confidence that they wont

Yeah you know that’s not going down.

MCU Storm gotta be black girl magic personified.

Shia has come a long way an actor but I'm not sure he's right for the role. But I still like Jack O'Connell the most. Christopher Abbot too.

I also really like Joe Dempsie

JOEGOT.jpg

Also, if I were going for a mid to late 20s Scott, Jeremy Sumpter and Alex Pettyfer would be my choices:
MV5BNzI5OTkxNzIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDY3MDkwNA@@._V1_.jpg

otC2G1H.jpg

Hmm, I didn't know Logan was biracial at first but even then, Is it really that big of a deal? Storm has always been drawn with exotic features and I want her to have Ororo's trademark ocean blue eyes. If you wanted to be REALLY faithful to the comics, you would give her cat eyes as well.
You’re on the right path with Yaya. She does have the attitude for Storm and the look, but I’m not sure if she could carry a franchise. Normally they always give her bit parts in movies. I like Logan Browning too, but IMO MCU Storm should be darker skinned than we’ve seen before. Give her a more accurate look.

LOL at liking Shipp over Berry’s Storm. Homegirl didn’t even have lines in Apocalypse, just CGI thunderbolts and a scowl. I really hope they don’t bring her over.

Logan's skin tone varies over pictures and she can be a darker skinned Storm too but the actress has to be strong.

Yeah, I preferred Shipp over Berry. Imo, her portrayal was closer to comic Storm. At least the Storm from Claremont era. Her Storm had less lines but she was much more confident and powerful, plus she had the accent which Berry lost after X1. Shipp's Storm I could see growing up inri an adult calling Kitty "Child" and Storm's trademark "By the goddess". Berry wasn't

MCU Storm needs to have the Kenyan accent

Yeah it's a big deal. Storm has to be the most highly coveted role for any black actress looking to get a superhero gig. In a hollywood where dark skinned women who deserve lead roles lose them out to lighter skinned women. Almost happened for the role of shuri.

I think he's too tall. Though he has a potential look to him. Shia isn't that tall, but still not ideal to me. But at least to me Shia seems to be able to pull off a bit of a gruffness from the image. I think Emile looks too puppy-ish in that image. I'd still prefer someone who isn't cute or conventionally handsome, whose under 5'9.

If Freema Agyeman was 9 years younger, she'd be my ideal choice for Storm
freema-agyeman-at-sense8-season-2-finale-screening-i-los-angeles-06-07-2018-15.jpg

Yeah it's a big deal. Storm has to be the most highly coveted role for any black actress looking to get a superhero gig. In a hollywood where dark skinned women who deserve lead roles lose them out to lighter skinned women. Almost happened for the role of shuri.
Well, to be fair, Storm has drawn light-skinned before dozens of times in the comics too. Complaining about the actress being too light is like complaining about Tom Holland being too pale. I understand the issue of colorism in the black community first hand being black myself but when you're talking about a character that has been drawn with a myriad of skin tones, that completely changes the discussion.

I think tthe eyes (color or shape) are one of those marks you can't always hit.

I think tthe eyes (color or shape) are one of those marks you can't always hit.
Contacts, man. The actress could wear contacts. That's why I like Logan's look for Storm. And Freema has the perfect facial features for Storm.

The cat eyes and the white hair were part of her mutation in the comics.

Hmm, I didn't know Logan was biracial at first but even then, Is it really that big of a deal? Storm has always been drawn with exotic features and I want her to have Ororo's trademark ocean blue eyes. If you wanted to be REALLY faithful to the comics, you would give her cat eyes as well.

Storm is arguably most significant black superhero in comics. She was the first black heroine and one thats been vital to the X-men's success. It was problematic that Hollywood whitewashed her by hiring a biracial actress in Berry. Fox was criticized for that but it was swept under the rug bc it was commonplace to give prominent roles to light skinned women (whom were half white). They could have fixxed it when it came to Apocalypse, but then they cast Shipp. After seeing how Marvel handled Black Panther and went with black actors to play those roles, I have no doubt they'll do the same for Storm. It would be a step backwards if they cast a biracial actress for her. In 2018, these type of issues are called out and made a bigger deal bc they are.

Contacts, man. The actress could wear contacts. That's why I like Logan's look for Storm. And Freema has the perfect facial features for Storm.

The cat eyes and the white hair were part of her mutation in the comics.

They werent. They were genetic traits passed down from her human bloodline

To bad Lupita is already in black panther. She’d be a great storm.

That's a hard pass on that Joe Dempsie guy as again he doesn't look anything like Logan but I do like Christopher Abbot a lot and have suggested him before. I just think they would want more of a Hollywood leading man type for the role or someone they feel is about to be that.

My top choices stay the same
p915t.jpg

Dustin Clare
Shia Leboeuf
Emile Hirsch

Speaking of my choices for cast...
Cyclops:
53s615.jpg

Armie Hammer
Scott Eastwood

Storm:
b3oc3o.jpg

nxzz0e

Kylie Bunbury
Yaya Dacosta
Dewanda Wise

Jean Grey:
2r2lmjk.jpg

Lily Colins
Emma Stone
Zoey Deutch

Last edited:
That damn Anna Diop should’ve held out and waited for Marvel to call. Now she’s stuck with Ronald McDonald’s wig and a DC contract when she easily could’ve been Storm.

But for real in the MCU, Ororo has to be dripping with melanin, that’s non-negotiable. Especially after the impact that Black Panther made.

And Rogue has to say ‘shugah’ and fly. We’ve waited too long.

Storm is arguably most significant black superhero in comics. She was the first black heroine and one thats been vital to the X-men's success. It was problematic that Hollywood whitewashed her by hiring a biracial actress in Berry. Fox was criticized for that but it was swept under the rug bc it was commonplace to give prominent roles to light skinned women (whom were half white).
So are Biracial actresses not considered black now? How does that qualify as white washing? Casting Charlize Theron as Storm would be white washing not casting a black actress like Logan who was raised by two black parents and wasn't raised as "Biracial". The fact of the matter is, she looks like comic Ororo and she's for all intents and purposes still black so she still qualifies for the role.
They could have fixxed it when it came to Apocalypse, but then they cast Shipp. After seeing how Marvel handled Black Panther and went with black actors to play those roles, I have no doubt they'll do the same for Storm. It would be a step backwards if they cast a biracial actress for her. In 2018, these type of issues are called out and made a bigger deal bc they are.
To be fair, Halle's look could have been used as the guideline for Storm's casting in Apocalypse so going with another biracial actress would have made sense in that regard.
Well, it was a mutated gene that was passed down her from her ancestors, so it's part of her mutation. Just not her X-gene.

That damn Anna Diop should’ve held out and waited for Marvel to call. Now she’s stuck with Ronald McDonald’s wig and a DC contract when she easily could’ve been Storm.

But for real in the MCU, Ororo has to be dripping with melanin, that’s non-negotiable. Especially after the impact that Black Panther made.

And Rogue has to say ‘shugah’ and fly. We’ve waited too long.

Diop can play a character for Marvel if they want to hire her. Several actors have had roles in multiple superhero films. After Brolin played Thanos and Cable in films that came out within a month of each other, it can't possibly be an issue. For all anyone knows, Titans might last a season and disappear, if the trailer reaction is any indication.

That's a hard pass on that Joe Dempsie guy as again he doesn't look anything like Logan but I do like Christopher Abbot a lot and have suggested him before. I just think they would want more of a Hollywood leading man type for the role or someone they feel is about to be that.

My top choices stay the same
p915t.jpg

Dustin Clare
Shia Leboeuf
Emile Hirsch

Speaking of my choices for cast...
Cyclops:
53s615.jpg

Armie Hammer
Scott Eastwood

Storm:
b3oc3o.jpg

nxzz0e

Kylie Bunbury
Yaya Dacosta
Dewanda Wise

Jean Grey:
2r2lmjk.jpg

Lily Colins
Emma Stone
Zoey Deutch
And Lily Collins doesn't look anything like Jean. :shrug:

Dempsie with chops would look more like comic Logan than Clare imo

Like I said, Dark skinned women deserve more roles especially when Hollywood has the tendency to pick someone lighter. The role of storm is the perfect opportunity to put a deserving dark skinned woman in the for front.

So are Biracial actresses not considered black now? How does that qualify as white washing? Casting Charlize Theron as Storm would be white washing not casting a black actress like Logan who was raised by two black parents and wasn't raised as "Biracial". The fact of the matter is, she looks like comic Ororo and she's for all intents and purposes still black so she still qualifies for the role.
To be fair, Halle's look could have been used as the guideline for Storm's casting in Apocalypse so going with another biracial actress would have made sense in that regard.

Well, it was a mutated gene that was passed down her from her ancestors, so it's part of her mutation. Just not her X-gene.
A person can be identified by whatever they want, but the fact is a biracial person is still biracial. She's not fully black, which Storm is. It is a form of whitewashing. Obviously its nowhere near the most extreme case but it feeds into Hollywood's perception of half white actors being the most acceptable form of black. IMO it sends the wrong message to follow the same casting convention for the third time when it comes to Storm. She's not a minor character like Idie. She represent a whole lot more

I call bull on Halle being used as the template for Shipp's casting. Fassbender and McKellan arent even the same ethnicity and played the same character with different accents. Stewart and McAvoy look nothing alike

Its not part of her mutation. Mutation in terms of the X-men is defined by a very specific thing, which you mention. The context used in terms of this franchise carries a different meaning

I think he's too tall. Though he has a potential look to him. Shia isn't that tall, but still not ideal to me. But at least to me Shia seems to be able to pull off a bit of a gruffness from the image. I think Emile looks too puppy-ish in that image. I'd still prefer someone who isn't cute or conventionally handsome, whose under 5'9.

Shia IS 5'9 and isn't conventionally attractive for Hollywood standards.
dgt208.jpg

He, to me, would be my top pick if he wasn't so unpredictable though that being said the same was thought of RDJ at one point in time.

Storm is arguably most significant black superhero in comics. She was the first black heroine and one thats been vital to the X-men's success. It was problematic that Hollywood whitewashed her by hiring a biracial actress in Berry. Fox was criticized for that but it was swept under the rug bc it was commonplace to give prominent roles to light skinned women (whom were half white). They could have fixxed it when it came to Apocalypse, but then they cast Shipp. After seeing how Marvel handled Black Panther and went with black actors to play those roles, I have no doubt they'll do the same for Storm. It would be a step backwards if they cast a biracial actress for her. In 2018, these type of issues are called out and made a bigger deal bc they are.

Ideally, Storm should be played by an African actress, just as many of the women of Wakanda were. But at the very least, she should be Black rather than of mixed race. There are so many Black actresses who would slay that role that Marvel has no excuse to cast her any other way.

And Lily Collins doesn't look anything like Jean. :shrug:

Dempsie with chops would look more like comic Logan than Clare imo
23iijbq.jpg

2uyojmt.jpg

Really? I can definitely see it.

I was going to agree to disagree about Colins (I think she's an amazing young actress not just looking exactly like her bu eh...)but that Dempsie guy looks nothing like Logan. You're eyesight needs evaluated immediately if you see any facial features remotely resembling close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"