MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how good of an actor Milo Gibson is?

He has the look (being he looks just like his pops) and he's the right age right now (27), He'd even be the right age 5 years from now.

25220016-Edit.jpg

Wolverine-MelGibson.jpg

Last edited:
Guys no one is gonna buy Louis Stevens as Wolverine.

Tom Hardy needs to hang the sim-bye-oat up and sign up for the MCU Weapon X program.

Ideally, Storm should be played by an African actress, just as many of the women of Wakanda were. But at the very least, she should be Black rather than of mixed race. There are so many Black actresses who would slay that role that Marvel has no excuse to cast her any other way.

I agree which is why I really hope they go w Dacosta or someone like her though this light skins need not apply attitude is exclusionary and takes the point away from inclusion. Every black actress should be allowed to audition based on their own merits. Storm's nationality was always seen as an amalgamation of all races. This is canon written by the guy who created the majority of her background.

The problem with Browning isn't her skin tone but the fact that she's a little person. Storm needs to look like an Amazon not a mythological gnome.

Ideally, Storm should be played by an African actress, just as many of the women of Wakanda were. But at the very least, she should be Black rather than of mixed race. There are so many Black actresses who would slay that role that Marvel has no excuse to cast her any other way.

I dont think she needs to be played by an African actress. She grew up in Africa but she was an American born in NY to an American father and a Kenyan mother. IA that there's no excuse to go with a mixed actresses this time

I agree which is why I really hope they go w Dacosta or someone like her though this light skins need not apply attitude is exclusionary and takes the point away from inclusion. Every black actress should be allowed to audition based on their own merits. Storm's nationality was always seen as an amalgamation of all races. This is canon written by the guy who created the majority of her background.

The problem with Browning isn't her skin tone but the fact that she's a little person. Storm needs to look like an Amazon not a mythological gnome.

Storm deserves her rightful darker skinned actress for this MCU gig and it’s as simple as that. That amalgamation of all races thing is cute, but let’s keep it clear: this character is a black woman birthed from a black mother and a black father and was raised in the streets of Africa.

tumblr_inline_nima0y8rx91qajaz9.jpg

Alexandra Shipp or any other biracial actress cannot accurately depict that and it’s always been a slap in the face to continue to bleach Storm.

23iijbq.jpg

2uyojmt.jpg

Really? I can definitely see it.

I was going to agree to disagree about Colins (I think she's an amazing young actress not just looking exactly like her bu eh...)but that Dempsie guy looks nothing like Logan. You're eyesight needs evaluated immediately if you see any facial features remotely resembling close.
I can find dozens of images of Jean where she looks nothing like Lily. I'm not one to die on the hill of whether the actor looks exactly like the character. But Dempsie EASILY has a more traditional face for Logan than Collins has for Jean or your own pick for Logan, Clare.

got-gendry.jpg
f15835f697406bce-600x400.jpg

latest

portrait_incredible.jpg

latest

latest

And Dempsie is also a really talented actor and his character on GOT is tailer made for a vicious Wolverine

I really, really like Shipp as Storm, but yea, everything points to Marvel casting darker actress for the reboot.

He has the look (being he looks just like his pops) and he's the right age right now (27), He'd even be the right age 5 years from now.

That would be so funny if he got cast opposite Scott Eastwood as Cyclops. Nepotism all around.

EDIT: Just remembered Lily Collins up there has a famous dad too. Can we build a whole cast made entirely of legacy kids?

Put some mutton chops on this guy and give him the hair and he'd be a comic accurate Wolverine. More so than Dustin Clare imo
5b0eaa635e48ec4a008b456f-750-563.png

Storm deserves her rightful darker skinned actress for this MCU gig and it’s as simple as that. That amalgamation of all races thing is cute, but let’s keep it clear: this character is a black woman birthed from a black mother and a black father and was raised in the streets of Africa.

tumblr_inline_nima0y8rx91qajaz9.jpg

Alexandra Shipp or any other biracial actress cannot accurately depict that and it’s always been a slap in the face to continue to bleach Storm.

Yes cute... the character with canonical large catlike pale blue eyes and Platinum hair. Stop acting like anything about her look means she has to be dark skinned anyway. That's just as offensive as not having a "dark skinned" actress black is black is black. In Storm's case her look isn't as cut and dry as who her parents are as she is recessive trait of her ancestors who were mystics.
Btw
zve638.jpg

Birthed from two black parents. She has a brother with the same light eyes and skin tone.:whatever:

P.S. Vanessa would have made an excellent Storm. That commanding voice and baby blue eyes. Yes please.

Put some mutton chops on this guy and give him the hair and he'd be a comic accurate Wolverine. More so than Dustin Clare imo
5b0eaa635e48ec4a008b456f-750-563.png

No he doesn't... like at all. Who are you trying to convince me or yourself? :funny:

25220016-Edit.jpg

]
Now this guy looks like Logan! I might have to adjust my list. Is he a decent actor? Also is he short?

Last edited:
Shia IS 5'9 and isn't conventionally attractive for Hollywood standards.
dgt208.jpg

He, to me, would be my top pick if he wasn't so unpredictable though that being said the same was thought of RDJ at one point in time.
Shia is an interesting idea, but he's 32, and despite that I can see some kind of look there, I don't know if I see him in the role. I think he could maybe work. But he's not what I would choose.

Yes cute... the character with canonical large catlike pale blue eyes and Platinum hair. Stop acting like anything about her look means she has to be dark skinned anyway. That's just as offensive as not having a "dark skinned" actress black is black is black. In Storm's case her look isn't as cut and dry as who her parents are as she is recessive trait of her ancestors who were mystics.
Btw
zve638.jpg

Birthed from two black parents. She has a brother with the same light eyes and skin tone.:whatever:

P.S. Vanessa would have made an excellent Storm. That commanding voice and baby blue eyes. Yes please.

At the end of the day, you can’t have an actress with the hue of Vanessa Williams come in to play a character who looks like this:

3282289970_0cb5f02677_o.png

Storm’s father wasn’t biracial, her mother came from a line of Kenyans, there is no justifiable reason for this character to be light skinned. To do that would continue this horrible trend of whitewashing and bleaching African Americans in Hollywood and that’s not the message to send out especially with the most prominent black heroine in comics.

How about Kathryn Newton for Jean. She's a rising star and she looks like a young Amber Heard
www.firstpost.comkathryn-newton-d661202549666e3d8676e606ff528aff4a92af98.jpg

She's 21 now but I wish everyone would keep in mind the time frame for when X-Men actually comes out which won't be for another 3 years at the least- So Kathryn right now is the perfect age to play Jean in her early 20s in 2021-2023

Now this guy looks like Logan! I might have to adjust my list. Is he a decent actor? Also is he short?

A quick Google-search found a couple of pictures of him standing next to his father. They seemed to be roughly the same height which would make Milo 5'10" at most.

No he doesn't... like at all. Who are you trying to convince me or yourself? :funny:

Idk if he's got acting chops or not. But how crazy would it be if he were good enough to nab the role. Considering his old man was considered for it 20 years ago.

At the end of the day, you can’t have an actress with the hue of Vanessa Williams come in to play a character who looks like this:

3282289970_0cb5f02677_o.png

Storm’s father wasn’t biracial, her mother came from a line of Kenyans, there is no justifiable reason for this character to be light skinned. To do that would continue this horrible trend of whitewashing and bleaching African Americans in Hollywood and that’s not the message to send out especially with the most prominent black heroine in comics.

The color of her here is very unusual (not that it matters) but to cherry pick one (ONE) example is a bit biased don't you think? Allow me to enlighten you of how she's generally depicted.
Her first years with the X-Men she resembles Beyonce more than Lupita by far.
iykl1h.jpg

4v4u3k.jpg

2jb4h2p.jpg

Look at these multiple pics here:
2wn4h1i.jpg

there have been times where she looks darker but majority of the time she looks like Vanessa or Tyra and Angela Never have I seen her visually look like Lupita.

Not to mention her most well known and lauded version looks like this:

v4mas8.gif

24mxg28.gif

27yide.jpg

Now tell me does that not look like Vanessa Williams?

Damn J is really proving my point about Storm. It really shouldn't matter if she's dark skinned or light-skinned. Either way, I'm starting to get the feeling Storm may be a bit older than the rest of the X-Men if she's introduced in BP2

I never said anyone was biracial nor did I suggest anyone of biracial origin. I said her looks were a recessive trait. Look it up so you understand what I mean more. You can be a completely white looking individual who is delivered to a black family or vis versa. Her physical traits are a mutation in and of themselves so to try to mandate her only being allowed to look one way or another is ludicrous as it is cannon she is indistinguishable.

A quick Google-search found a couple of pictures of him standing next to his father. They seemed to be roughly the same height which would make Milo 5'10" at most.
Seriously they need to give the guy at least a screen test.
Idk if he's got acting chops or not. But how crazy would it be if he were good enough to nab the role. Considering his old man was considered for it 20 years ago.
The circle of life would be complete.
2ecj4mv.gif

I really, really like Shipp as Storm, but yea, everything points to Marvel casting darker actress for the reboot.

I feel bad for Shipp in the sense that while they should have cast a darker skinned Storm, she was still fine (better than the material she was given) and she was attacked on Twitter for taking a role that was good for her career by a liberal mob that doesn't know how to pick its battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"