Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't care, the people in charge like Feige don't really get so territorial over stuff like that, there would be more of a concern if they were working for two places at the same time. But it's not like they felt scorned for Whedon taking a DC product. I feel Feige, like the rest of us, wants to see a good Justice League movie. Because let's face it, DC films don't threaten Marvel at all.

I don't think I'd want Whedon to direct X-men I'd be more interested in seeing someone with a different approach. Though I'd love it if Whedon wrote or consulted on the film, he has a great eye for storytelling.

Gifted is still one of my favorite arcs of X-men of all time. A film just about to cure could be amazing. Could have been amazing too. X3 nuking that on top of Phoenix was a double gut punch.

If the Russo’s want to do this one, Disney should give it to them

And please, no more Stryker or bad trips to Alkali Lake. That has been done literally to death.

As a matter of fact, it would be great if Logan, Mystique and Magneto didn't even show up in the first MCU X-film. They were overexposed in the Fox films, to the point where the team became secondary to them. Charles was also very central to those movies, but he can be deemphasized in favor of Scott becoming the true leader of the X-Men.

There are reports saying the Disney executives are dying to get their hands in Logan. I predict he'll show up in the MCU as soon as they get the rights.

However, there are many ways they can do that with that big shared universe. He doesn't need to debut in an X-Men movie. He can be introduced in other franchises and maybe even get a solo adventure before joining the X-Men.

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that Feige has a good understanding of those characters and their potential, so unlike we've seen in FOX, the other characters can get their spotlight as well.

If the Russo’s want to do this one, Disney should give it to them

They’ve earned the right to choose. And having 2 guys with this recent CBM track record who specifically want to do X-Men is already a big ask.

I don’t need to see X-23 in an X-men movie. Heck I don’t need to see her again ever LOL.

Give the X-Men to a woman of color director. There ain't no better person to understand the plight of marginalized groups of people. I would love to see Dee Rees or Tina Mabry get this one.

I don’t need to see X-23 in an X-men movie. Heck I don’t need to see her again ever LOL.

I thought that I was the only person who feels that way. :crso: A little of that snarling berserker serial killer stuff goes a long way, imo.

And please, no more Stryker or bad trips to Alkali Lake. That has been done literally to death.

Hell, it was the Fox movies that made Stryker such a big antagonist (and a pretty good one for their part). He was in one comic story before that, and the comics brought him back a couple times later because of the films. So yeah, the MCU can just leave that guy the hell alone and give us someone new.

I don't need to see her in the early films but way down the line I kind of want to see everyone.

I know this would have to entail a Phoenix story, but I hope we get to see Madelyne Pryor in the MCU X-Men.

goblynqueen.jpg

I don’t think she’s ever been adapted outside the comics.

I know this would have to entail a Phoenix story, but I hope we get to see Madelyne Pryor in the MCU X-Men.

goblynqueen.jpg

For good reason; she's a retconned mess. She was only created bc Claremont was forced to kill Jean Grey off. Outside of the comics, why have the cheap imitation when you can have the more popular real thing? I dont think they'll ever do her. If anything she may appear as an Easter egg

For good reason; she's a retconned mess. She was only created bc Claremont was forced to kill Jean Grey off. Outside of the comics, why have the cheap imitation when you can have the more popular real thing? I dont think they'll ever do her. If anything she may appear as an Easter egg

You know I like the soap opera elements to X-Men bro. We gotta see the Cyke-Jean-Madelyne love triangle, and all that Young and the Restless jazz with Mystique/Rogue/Nightcrawler too lol.

Hell, it was the Fox movies that made Stryker such a big antagonist (and a pretty good one for their part). He was in one comic story before that, and the comics brought him back a couple times later because of the films. So yeah, the MCU can just leave that guy the hell alone and give us someone new.

Stryker never seemed a good villain to me from the start, and he only got worse as the series wore on. He was an okay human bogeyman in X2, where his nefarious plot was very cheap to stage, which made him appealing to the producers. When he showed up young in DOFP I almost threw a shoe at the screen. Why keep using Stryker when the X-Men have so many truly iconic villains to choose from?

Well, that sounds like a personal problem :o

The Dee Rees suggestion for director is really good. They already snagged Mudbound's cinematographer. Grab the director and bring Jason Mitchell along while you're at it.

I don't need to see her in the early films but way down the line I kind of want to see everyone.

I was exaggerating a bit about never wanting to see her ever but there’s probably about a 200 other characters I want to see more before her.

Are we still talking about X-23? :oldrazz:

All kidding aside, Deadpool2 did a Madelyne Pryor cameo of sorts when the X-Force team landed after parashooting down, with a “Pryor’s Treats” ice cream truck.

Well, that sounds like a personal problem :o

“I.” :o

Last edited:
If not the directors, I think the Russos should at least produce. They seem to be big fans of the X-Men and Wolverine.

How about the guy who directed 'Love Simon'; Greg Berlanti as the director? I want the first X-Men movie to be a coming of age story of sorts. For the X-Men as a team and mutants in general revealing themselves to the world. Like how Love Simon dealt with a gay teen struggling with his secret and coming out of the closest, the X-Men/mutants would be doing the same.

I would go for a director like Jon Watts from Homecoming

Put me squarely in the group that thinks that Greg Berlanti is a pox on super hero live action adaptations. After seeing the trailer for the TITANS show, while I can't say for certain it will be crap, I do think that we should all have our eyes open about Berlanti's limitations as a creator of this kind of content and admit that powers and costumes do not an adaptation make.

Give the X-Men to a woman of color director. There ain't no better person to understand the plight of marginalized groups of people. I would love to see Dee Rees or Tina Mabry get this one.

I would love that. I’m still dying to see Ava Devaney direct a comic book movie. You can tell by the way she directed the action and the pathos of Selma she would be perfect for the xmen

goblynqueen.jpg

There’s a lot of backstory to explain though. If they want an archnemesis for Jean Grey they should use Cassandra Nova

Stryker never seemed a good villain to me from the start, and he only got worse as the series wore on. He was an okay human bogeyman in X2, where his nefarious plot was very cheap to stage, which made him appealing to the producers. When he showed up young in DOFP I almost threw a shoe at the screen. Why keep using Stryker when the X-Men have so many truly iconic villains to choose from?

Fair. Although a more comic book based version would be chillingly familiar in the mike pence era. Let’s be honest, if he was in the marvel u he would definitely be one of the people trying to do the xmen ill

As much as I hate to sideline Classic Rogue again, I think Monet would better fill the role of the flying brick from a diversity standpoint. Maybe downplay or even exclude her telepathic abilities to not overshadow Psylocke or the other telepaths.

Put me squarely in the group that thinks that Greg Berlanti is a pox on super hero live action adaptations. After seeing the trailer for the TITANS show, while I can't say for certain it will be crap, I do think that we should all have our eyes open about Berlanti's limitations as a creator of this kind of content and admit that powers and costumes do not an adaptation make.
I agree, Titans looks unspeakably bad.

As much as I hate to sideline Classic Rogue again, I think Monet would better fill the role of the flying brick from a diversity standpoint. Maybe downplay or even exclude her telepathic abilities to not overshadow Psylocke or the other telepaths.
She’s never focused on her TP in the books anyway. We don’t know the limits of it bc she’s only ever used it to communicate. Monet offers more variety than her ethnicity. The X-men don’t really have a snarky *witch* like her besides Emma. Her attitude and personality can add quite a bit to a team dynamic

She’s never focused on her TP in the books anyway. We don’t know the limits of it bc she’s only ever used it to communicate. Monet offers more variety than her ethnicity. The X-men don’t really have a snarky *witch* like her besides Emma. Her attitude and personality can add quite a bit to a team dynamic

Now M is a character that can be played by Alexandra Shipp and there’d be no problems with representation/complexion. That’s acceptable. I wouldn’t mind seeing her in the MCU or if they do Generation X.

Always wanted to see Chamber live action too.

Last edited:
Now M is a character that can be played by Alexandra Shipp and there’d be no problems with representation/complexion. That’s acceptable. I wouldn’t mind seeing her in the MCU or if they do Generation X.

Always wanted to see Chamber live action too.
Shipp isn’t exactly a good actress so I don’t see her doing M justice. They shouldn’t bring her over to the MCU

Shipp isn’t exactly a good actress so I don’t see her doing M justice. They shouldn’t bring her over to the MCU

I don’t care for her either, I meant M is someone I’d like to see in the MCU, my bad.

My only exposure to Monet is the all-female X-Men series. Were her and Jubilee that adversarial back in Generation X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"