Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed this on the Disney store.

xtb_marvel-mania-xmen-main_20201020

Find it interesting so far pretty much across the board, Disney's been marketed this specific iteration of the team (with slightly updated designs) in just about everything since the merger, even the Disney+ icons. I get the feeling the eventual MCU X-Men team will strongly resemble the cartoon line-up. Just my gut feeling.

Yeah it must be doing crazy numbers on Disney+ I think because you’re right, they’re really hammering it lately. Very interesting for the future of the x-men

I'd like to see some pieces of sentinels there. It would be cool.

On another note, guys, did you see that Marvel released some sort of "MCU book" showing notes from Shuri, and those notes leave the door open for both Wanda and Pietro to be mutants?
It's something about HYDRA chosing Sokovia because they found "genetic anomalies" and that was perfect for the tests they were making. So it opens the door for that theory that the mind stone just "woke" Pietro and Wanda's powers.

that’s cool! I don’t think any of us for a second thought they weren’t mutants even when marvel “confirmed” it. It just didn’t stick.

This is what I suspected they would do. Tie the manifestation of the X-gene to the Infinity stones... Given the recent events of the MCU.

It'll be interesting to see if they follow through with this.

to be honest I’m a bit worn out by the infinity gems. I feel like we’ve heard about them so often now

Thought you guys might find this interesting

Hollywood Agents Navigate New Complexities of Balancing the Demand for Diverse Voices and Artistic Freedom | Hollywood Reporter

It's definitely relevant to the discussions we have here
"Some people really feel rooted in telling stories about their identity, and some people want to be seen as a filmmaker regardless of their gender and race."

I think anybody can write/direct to any type of character. White people can write black characters, straight can write gays and men can write female characters. The key is when you're talking about the experience of belonging to those groups. If you're writing a story about the experience of being a black woman, white men are certainly not the ones to tell it.

The X-Men is about the experience of being part of an oppressed minority. White straight cisgender men are not the ones to tell that story, IMO.

Find it interesting so far pretty much across the board, Disney's been marketed this specific iteration of the team (with slightly updated designs) in just about everything since the merger, even the Disney+ icons. I get the feeling the eventual MCU X-Men team will strongly resemble the cartoon line-up. Just my gut feeling.

I know people will say "Oh but there's two tanks" and stuff like that, but I'd change Beast and Gambit to Kurt and Colossus. And Kitty is one of my all time favorites, so I'd love to see her in the Jubilee spot. But I'm fine with Jubs there too, I guess.

Rogue and Gambit would be a lovable dynamic, but I'm more interested in that family drama than the "I can't **** my boyfriend" drama.

Gambit hasnt been on one single x-men movie since Fox started their franchise in year 2000. I think its about d**** time he appears next to the X-Men, lol.

I mean, come on.... he's a star waiting to happen, we all should know that. And clearly Disney's marketing team knows it too.

god I can't wait for x-men to get pushed back to the forefront of the Marvel Universe in all mediums, where they belong

Get rid of Logan, replace Gambit with Colossus and start him & Rogue off as members of the Brotherhood, and I'd be happy with this lineup.
that’s cool! I don’t think any of us for a second thought they weren’t mutants even when marvel “confirmed” it. It just didn’t stick.

to be honest I’m a bit worn out by the infinity gems. I feel like we’ve heard about them so often now
Totally. But I wouldn't be surprised if they went back one last time and had the sudden explosion in mutations be tied to the events of IW-Endgame. It just seems like a no-brainer.

Pietro and Wanda being the first known mutants who had their X-genes activated by the stone sets it up quite nicely

"Some people really feel rooted in telling stories about their identity, and some people want to be seen as a filmmaker regardless of their gender and race."

I think anybody can write/direct to any type of character. White people can write black characters, straight can write gays and men can write female characters. The key is when you're talking about the experience of belonging to those groups. If you're writing a story about the experience of being a black woman, white men are certainly not the ones to tell it.

The X-Men is about the experience of being part of an oppressed minority. White straight cisgender men are not the ones to tell that story, IMO.
This is my view as well. Anybody should be able to tell a story abt anyone. But when a story is rooted in the racial/cultural/oppressive experience of a marginalized person, then that person should always have first dibs on telling that story. It's all about authenticity, and opportunity. and historically speaking, we know the ones who has been deprived of this opportunity... Time and time again.

But I'm glad this is beginning to change. The X-Men should absolutely bolster a diverse crew. There are many fresh, new diverse filmmakers breaking into the industry who would love that opportunity.

*cough* Justin Simien, Steven Canals, Rick Famuyiwa, Lena Waithe, Lulu Wang etc.

There's no excuse.

I know people will say "Oh but there's two tanks" and stuff like that, but I'd change Beast and Gambit to Kurt and Colossus. And Kitty is one of my all time favorites, so I'd love to see her in the Jubilee spot. But I'm fine with Jubs there too, I guess.

Rogue and Gambit would be a lovable dynamic, but I'm more interested in that family drama than the "I can't **** my boyfriend" drama.
Same here. I love Kitty but I wouldn't throw a fit if Marvel gave Jubilee that role. Especially considering how heavily underutilized she was in Fox, the hugely untapped emotional potential of her story which could tie into the themes of the X-Men beautifully, as well as the 90s nostalgia pull. I'd be excited for it

And with Rogue, I'm on the same page. That's why IMO it's important she start off as a stooge of Raven, and an enemy of the X-Men. Her relationship with Gambit could be a natural extension of that, but the Mystique/Destiny stuff is where the meat of her character lies.

Reactions: Lip
I love Kitty but I wouldn't throw a fit if Marvel gave Jubilee that role. Especially considering how heavily underutilized she was in Fox

I feel that things are so different with the X-Men and how FOX handled them. I understand the point about Jubilee being underutilized, and I can see Marvel taking that path to make things different. But it's not like Kitty got anything decent. Is it fair to discard Kitty just because of X3 and a cameo in DoFP? And it's the same thing with a huge amount of characters.

It would be nice to get Kitty at first, but it would be a bit painful to "skip" Jubilee again. It would also be nice to start with Jubilee, but it would be painful to not see Kitty getting that role.

They'll both get their spot eventually, even if that takes a whole trilogy or more. But my heart goes to Kitty tho.

IMO they’d be silly if they don’t use the 90s cartoon lineup for their first go round. I still think their stories were more nuanced and fleshed out than the FoxMen movies were.

This was at the Disney Store in Canada. Would've been unimaginable a couple of years earlier.

20201010_122424.jpg

Yes it's Wolverine but in a couple years from now, it won't be crazy to see Jubilee or Kitty on there.

Oh brotha..... if the MCU is really committing to the multiverse, I’m not against it at all. But it needs to be established that there’s an MCU Logan and Hugh’s Logan from another universe

Against.

We’ve had 20 years worth of Hugh Jackman and his Wolverine. Give other mutants some well deserved shine.

Gambit hasnt been on one single x-men movie since Fox started their franchise in year 2000. I think its about d**** time he appears next to the X-Men, lol.

I mean, come on.... he's a star waiting to happen, we all should know that. And clearly Disney's marketing team knows it too.

1000%! The man is so underused it's criminal. He could be the mcu's Han Solo.

You mean back when companies (Marvel ain't the exception) made it nearly impossible for minorities to find work in these fields?

This ain't 1963 :O

Writers who took inspiration from marginalized groups like the civil rights movement but erased black people from their stories.

That sounds nice and totally acceptable in a 2020 adaptation.

ViewerAnon, who’s an insider who’s accurately reported leaks over the years is posting this.

Yay or nay on Hugh Jackman coming back?

I’d be excited about something small that leaves the way fully open for the new MCU Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"