Status
Not open for further replies.
O5.

Angel
Cyclops
Beast
Jean
Iceman

Other characters can be in it, like Storm, but I'd prefer at least 1 movie with the O5 team, and then I think I can be more open to it expanding.

Right on; I think O5 could be fine, especially in the MCU’s hands. An adaptation of Children of the Atom, maybe?—maybe throw in Havok and Polaris too.

My classical is essentially just 90s X-Men:

a2311aba5cacf459e594034d0d1f6b38.jpg

x-men-pagina-by-jim-lee.jpg

I really hope we get hover chair. Idk why—it was always just a cool visual growing up.

Professor-Xs-hovering-wheelchair.-X-men-Marvel-cartoons-.gif

In terms of roster, I’d like for the road to lead us to the famous Claremont/Lee team. X-Men #1, if you’ll recall also featured Forge, Banshee, Moira MacTaggart, Nick Fury, Genosha, and the Alcolytes. And the first story arc (which was Claremont’s final for a long while) included Asteroid M, and hints towards Omega Red, and much more—the MCU could mine a who lot of content for movies & Disney+ series in those handful of issues alone.

X-Men-1-Blue-Gold.jpg
Good point. We've seen the wheelchair up to now so this would make for a nice visual change in a more hi-tech mansion.

I think that Jim Lee splash (which I have wrapped across 3 windows in my house) is the ultimate fantasy for many fans.

hell yes to all of them getting developed together.
Its crazy to me how Fox was the studio with all those siblings relationships, with all being powered characters, yet Fox didnt develop anyone. So f**** lame.
but yet Bryan and Kinberg kept talling reporters and sites how their movies were mostly about "family".
Family my a**.

So now that Marvel Studios have all these great characters, really hope they explore them to their full potential, similar to Cap and Bucky, who werent actual brothers. Cyclops, Havok, Thunderbird and Warpath are.
I definitely want to see this. I was disappointed that we didn't get Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for longer in the MCU too. These separate relationships make everything more complex (in a good way) in terms of the overall group for me.

Right on; I think O5 could be fine, especially in the MCU’s hands. An adaptation of Children of the Atom, maybe?—maybe throw in Havok and Polaris too.

I need Kitty there.

I need Kitty there.

See, for me, she’s not essential. Did love her in Astonishing & Evolution, however.

I actually think an Excalibur show on Disney+ would be fun, and a good place for popular characters like Kitty & Kurt to show up.

Yup.

Yup, and if they do that then it would match with Harry Potter because Harry Potter did the same thing. Sorcerer Stone and Deathly Hallows are day and night even though they're the beginning and end of the series.

If the rumors that Feige is a huge fan of HP are true then if there's any Marvel IP that would work with HP it's definitely the X-Men. Examples Scott and Harry, Professor X and Professor Dumbledore, Mr. Sinister and Voldemort aren't that much different.

Also here's an idea for a fresh take on the Summers bros. What if instead of being separated as kids, they both lived in the orphanage until they escaped and ever since they been living on their own until the Professor finds them, and gives them a chance for a new home, to make a difference in the world, etc. etc.
It would be interesting seeing a similar transition from fresh-faced young X-Men to veterans over the course of a similar amount of exposure as the Potter kids.

I really hope they give some focus to the Scott and Alex relationship. It would be an easy lead in to a separate X-Factor franchise, introducing Lorna too.

See, for me, she’s not essential. Did love her in Astonishing & Evolution, however.

I actually think an Excalibur show on Disney+ would be fun, and a good place for popular characters like Kitty & Kurt to show up.
The likes of Kitty and Jubilee I think you can include a students even if there isn’t a main team spot available for them. With any amount of screentime they can still add something.

avengers-trinity-1165452-1280x0.jpeg.jpg
grhr9iqmi7d31.jpg
Who should be the X-Men's "Big 3" in the MCU?
Yup.

Yup, and if they do that then it would match with Harry Potter because Harry Potter did the same thing. Sorcerer Stone and Deathly Hallows are day and night even though they're the beginning and end of the series.

If the rumors that Feige is a huge fan of HP are true then if there's any Marvel IP that would work with HP it's definitely the X-Men. Examples Scott and Harry, Professor X and Professor Dumbledore, Mr. Sinister and Voldemort aren't that much different.

Also here's an idea for a fresh take on the Summers bros. What if instead of being separated as kids, they both lived in the orphanage until they escaped and ever since they been living on their own until the Professor finds them, and gives them a chance for a new home, to make a difference in the world, etc. etc.
I love that idea. It just further emphasizes the idea that Scott lives through the X-Men.. Or so he thinks. He doesn't realize how special he is.

I also love the idea of more strongly focusing on the brotherly bond between Scott and Alex. If they were runaways, Scott could've been providing for Alex, and protecting him as his little brother. This could carry over into how he treats his teammates... Seeing them as "younger siblings", and being very protective over them.

It sucked when it was happening but one of the benefits of Fox reducing Cyclops to a nothing character in their films is that Marvel Studios now has a lot of uncharted territory to cover with his character

A 3D Cyclops will be a fresh character to the general audience

Ditto.

Btw I had a new idea to reimagine Proteus. So what if Kevin MacTaggert was a test subject in an undercover Government (SHIELD) sanctioned study/experiment on mutants. Moira was coerced into volunteering Kevin into this project as his power grew too unstable & she was tricked into believing that the experiment would help Kevin.

Of course, the experiments proved unethical, tortuous and painful. Kevin snaps and kills a group of scientists, causing him to be permanently sealed away in the facility, under a case file that is now known as "Project Proteus".

Nick Fury, Essex and Xavier were all involved in these experiments. Each having their own motive. It ties into the MCU and also sets up a great emotional frontier for the X-Men to confront as they understand why Proteus hates humanity but they must stop him nonetheless

@EnDz0n3 What do you think of this? I don't think think this is as close to mutant 143 from X2

I still think Proteus would be a great starting villain for the X-Men.

Cyclops. Wolverine. Storm.
Captain. Iron Man. Thor.

Jean’s probably the Black Widow, back and forth between Cyke & Wolverine—her character arc would be her realizing her place as the heart of the team, akin to BW finding her family with the Avengers and succeeding Fury after he's gone.

Ditto.

Btw I had a new idea to reimagine Proteus. So what if Kevin MacTaggert was a test subject in an undercover Government (SHIELD) sanctioned study/experiment on mutants. Moira was coerced into volunteering Kevin into this project as his power grew too unstable & she was tricked into believing that the experiment would help Kevin.

Of course, the experiments proved unethical, tortuous and painful. Kevin snaps and kills a group of scientists, causing him to be permanently sealed away in the facility, under a case file that is now known as "Project Proteus".

Nick Fury, Essex and Xavier were all involved in these experiments. Each having their own motive. It ties into the MCU and also sets up a great emotional frontier for the X-Men to confront as they understand why Proteus hates humanity but they must stop him nonetheless

@EnDz0n3 What do you think of this? I don't think think this is as close to mutant 143 from X2

I still think Proteus would be a great starting villain for the X-Men.

I like the idea, but I think I’d rather save the revelation that Xavier’s not always so ethical /right for a darker, more mature sequel that dives deeper into our characters. Like you said in an earlier post, keep the first entry light and fantastical—focused on setting up the team & this new corner of the MCU. Sauron & Krakoa, IMO, fit that bill a bit better.

Rogue should be in the big 3.
Wolverine already got 17 years to himself at Fox. Give that spot to another Xman this time

Cyclops. Wolverine. Storm.
Captain. Iron Man. Thor.

Jean’s probably the Black Widow, back and forth between Cyke & Wolverine—her character arc would be her realizing her place as the heart of the team, akin to BW finding her family with the Avengers and succeeding Fury after he's gone.

I like the idea, but I think I’d rather save the revelation that Xavier’s not always so ethical /right for a darker, more mature sequel that dives deeper into our characters. Like you said in an earlier post, keep the first entry light and fantastical—focused on setting up the team & this new corner of the MCU. Sauron & Krakoa, IMO, fit that bill a bit better.
I supposed a movie about Proteus would be much darker. But even if the first film is brighter and more fantastical, I still think they have to hit that beat of "fighting for a world that hates and fear you" so that core mantra is established. Establishing this theme in a fresh would be interesting

Also, in order to set up a darker tone for the sequel(s), the seeds of mutant hate within the public have be planted in the first film. Any idea how they could do this with Sauron?

Wolverine already got 17 years to himself at Fox. Give that spot to another Xman this time
Funnily enough, I could actually see Rogue being the "Black Widow" of the X-Men. Considering both Natasha and Rogue find a family with their respective teams after a lifetime of being on the "wrong side".

Both Rogue and Natasha are looking to redeem themselves too.

Although I'd prefer Jean to be the "Iron Man" of the trinity, it all comes down writing and whether Logan's place is earned.

Alternatively, I could see Wolverine being the "Hulk" of the team for obvious reasons.

I think Wolverine will be doing a lot outside the X-Men within the MCU this time so hopefully he will be treated like a mega-gueststar rather than the most important member. I don’t think he needs to be part of the core. Just a superstar who is associated with the team and regularly returns, but also spends a lot of time doing his own thing.

View attachment 39856
View attachment 39857

I love that idea. It just further emphasizes the idea that Scott lives through the X-Men.. Or so he thinks. He doesn't realize how special he is.

I also love the idea of more strongly focusing on the brotherly bond between Scott and Alex. If they were runaways, Scott could've been providing for Alex, and protecting him as his little brother. This could carry over into how he treats his teammates... Seeing them as "younger siblings", and being very protective over them.

It sucked when it was happening but one of the benefits of Fox reducing Cyclops to a nothing character in their films is that Marvel Studios now has a lot of uncharted territory to cover with his character

A 3D Cyclops will be a fresh character to the general audience

I don't know about anyone else but my choices would be Scott, Jean, and Storm. :)

Yup.

Me too, and I also think when the Professor offers them that have Alex all for it, and have Scott be unsure, thinks it's a con but he goes anyway for Alex.

Then at the mansion he still unsure, but through out the movie he grows into it, and starts to become the character fans knows and love.

I know for Scott/Jean first meeting I was thinking of having Jean be extrovert, and Scott be introvert but not because he likes it that way but because he fears he'll hurt anyone with his powers he sadly can't control so instead being a jerk he acts like he's uninterested in her because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Of course throughout the movie the walls he has build eventually start to come down.

Also another thing maybe have him with the ruby quartz glasses before he meets the Professor that way it would be different from Fox's, tease his secret ties to Sinister, and later on the Professor gives him his ruby quartz visor.

I don't know these are just some ideas I had for MCU Cyclops.

Yes, ironically what Fox did to him is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, and it isn't like Feige doesn't know what they did to Cyclops or at least for X1/X2. Honestly, I know this sounds crazy but I believe Feige doing X-Men is gonna be him saying to Fox now here's the X-Men, the real X-Men.

Yup, and sorry for the long post I got carried away there. :)

Big 3: Cyclops, Jean, Storm

Wolverine was the star for two decades. Let him take a supporting role this time.

This makes me think, though - What do we think Jean's codename should be? They definitely aren't going with Marvel Girl, and Phoenix doesn't make sense yet. IMO they ought to just steal one of the myriad of names Rachel has had over the years. Prestige, maybe?

I don't know about anyone else but my choices would be Scott, Jean, and Storm. :)

Yup.

Me too, and I also think when the Professor offers them that have Alex all for it, and have Scott be unsure, thinks it's a con but he goes anyway for Alex.

Then at the mansion he still unsure, but through out the movie he grows into it, and starts to become the character fans knows and love.

I know for Scott/Jean first meeting I was thinking of having Jean be extrovert, and Scott be introvert but not because he likes it that way but because he fears he'll hurt anyone with his powers he sadly can't control so instead being a jerk he acts like he's uninterested in her because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Of course throughout the movie the walls he has build eventually start to come down.

Also another thing maybe have him with the ruby quartz glasses before he meets the Professor that way it would be different from Fox's, tease his secret ties to Sinister, and later on the Professor gives him his ruby quartz visor.

I don't know these are just some ideas I had for MCU Cyclops.

Yes, ironically what Fox did to him is turning out to be a blessing in disguise, and it isn't like Feige doesn't know what they did to Cyclops or at least for X1/X2. Honestly, I know this sounds crazy but I believe Feige doing X-Men is gonna be him saying to Fox now here's the X-Men, the real X-Men.

Yup, and sorry for the long post I got carried away there. :)
I've had many similar ideas myself. Summers has always been an introvert at heart so they could really play that up and have him be socially awkward. Jean being an extrovert woule be a nice change of pace, and separate her further from prior versions. They could take inspiration from Ultimate X-Men and X-Men: Red for characterization

I like that idea of Jean being interested in Scott, wanting to bring him out of his shell and him being scared to embrace the feelings he has for because of that fear.

And those are great ideas for Sinister

Wolverine was the star for two decades. Let him take a supporting role this time.

This makes me think, though - What do we think Jean's codename should be? They definitely aren't going with Marvel Girl, and Phoenix doesn't make sense yet. IMO they ought to just steal one of the myriad of names Rachel has had over the years. Prestige, maybe?
I think Marvel Girl would be fine, especially if Jean is just starting out. It's her classic codename and she's recently gone back to it in the comics as well. It makes sense to go back to her original icongraphy for differentiation

For future installments, it'll probably have to change

I don't know... Depending on the casting Marvel Girl might fit real well and this is a company that went to pains to have a Captain Marvel, another female character mind you, with that corporate synergy title.

I would put money on Jean having the MG moniker right now.

I think Wolverine will be doing a lot outside the X-Men within the MCU this time so hopefully he will be treated like a mega-gueststar rather than the most important member. I don’t think he needs to be part of the core. Just a superstar who is associated with the team and regularly returns, but also spends a lot of time doing his own thing.

Give us a Hulk/Wolvie movie and a Wolvie/Alpha Flight film BEFORE he joins the X-Men.

Give all the characters room to breath away from a pop culture juggernaut (No pun...) like Wolverine.

Give us a Hulk/Wolvie movie and a Wolvie/Alpha Flight film BEFORE he joins the X-Men.

Give all the characters room to breath away from a pop culture juggernaut (No pun...) like Wolverine.
Yes! This has been discussed a lot and I think both of the above are ideal ways to kick things off. Establish that this Wolverine is a general MCU character rather than just an X-Man and let him
enhance the X-films when he takes part, while also giving the others room to excel without him.

I don't know... Depending on the casting Marvel Girl might fit real well and this is a company that went to pains to have a Captain Marvel, another female character mind you, with that corporate synergy title.

I would put money on Jean having the MG moniker right now.
Hmm, I hope not. I’ve always found that name to be a bit too cheesy for my tastes. Plus having a Cap Marvel and maybe Ms Marvel makes it even worse to have more characters with Marvel in their name IMO. :D I don’t mind her just being referred to as Jean Grey or Dr Jean Grey, and later Phoenix.

Hmm, I hope not. I’ve always found that name to be a bit too cheesy for my tastes. Plus having a Cap Marvel and maybe Ms Marvel makes it even worse to have more characters with Marvel in their name IMO. :D I don’t mind her just being referred to as Jean Grey or Dr Jean Grey, and later Phoenix.

I understand that... But I think you reminding me of the Disney + Ms. Marvel show just proves that Feige and Co. aren't shy about using names with Marvel in them.

What's one more?

I understand that... But I think you reminding me of the Disney + Ms. Marvel show just proves that Feige and Co. aren't shy about using names with Marvel in them.

What's one more?
Ha. I never liked the name Marvel Girl even in the comics. I also liked the fact that there was one field X-Men character referred to by their name rather than codename. It also has more impact when she later starts using a codename, likely at that time with more confidence in her powers. I was hoping for something like this in the MCU from Wanda/Scarlet Witch at some point too.

As I think you’ve understood this is just my preference rather than a comment on the likelihood. I want to stay in my bubble and pretend it will work out the way I want for now, whether probable or not. :cwink:

I would say Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel is all the more reason not to call Jean Marvel Girl, so as to avoid confusion and diluting the "brand", so to speak.

As for a Big 3 X-Men, I don't know that such a thing is even necessary, but I guess my answer would be Psylocke, Rogue, Jean.

Yeah, I don't see any need to have a big 3 just because the MCU had that with Avengers. If I were to choose I would have a core "big 4" of Cyclops, Storm, Jean and Beast (a more-actively-involved-in-combat KG type).

Jean's official codename should Marvel Girl but everyone should just call her Jean because Marvel Girl is a silly name.

They can always skip the whole dark Phoenix bit, call her Phoenix and give her the powers when she reaches deep. I know it hasnt been done right, but it's been done twice and Jean dying has been done to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"