Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On nightcrawler, I was wondering do you still think they could do the circus angle? Because they’re a bit out of fashion now.

I could see him as a bit of a YouTuber/twitch/tiktok type guy who’s a bit extreme and fun
I mean, it's kind of hard to say mutants are a secret if you have a two-fingered, tailed blue elf racking up hits on social media. Jubilee, though, SHE would be perfect for a sort of YouTube/Twitch/Tiktok star.

Kurt I see either...

1) Still in the care of Mystique and Dynasty as part of the Brotherhood

2) Already found and recruited by Xavier. He could then be the crux of Xavier wanting to stay in hiding and others wanting to "come out." You have this happy-go-lucky, wise-cracking guy, who also has a deeply buried level of pathos in his isolation from the world.

3) Some sort of rogue, a Robin Hood-esque thief, perhaps, operating solo in secret

That said, I think one big challenge will be (assuming they include Iceman, which seems obvious) differentiating Bobby and Kurt's personalities. I could see them playing off each other well with Shawn/Gus or JD/Turk type relationship.

I don't know why this keeps coming up (well, I kinda do) because the answer is right there in the text. There used to be a few mutants (ie. the older ones), and now there are lots. It's generally accepted that at some point mutants could no longer stay hidden, and the most logical reason for that is now they're everywhere. In First Class it was credited to the rise of the nuclear age, so now it's credited to Earth becoming a crossroads for countless cosmic forces.

This. It doesn’t need to be anymore than a throwaway line of dialogue.

We didn’t follow mutants in the MCU before, now we are. SHIELD/Avengers already have a designation for ‘enhanced’ persons in the field, so there’s reason to believe somewhere along the way someone bumped into a mutant and just figured them ‘enhanced.’ I’m still pining for a Wolverine/Cap team-up in WWII with Namor and the Invaders.

On nightcrawler, I was wondering do you still think they could do the circus angle? Because they’re a bit out of fashion now.

I could see him as a bit of a YouTuber/twitch/tiktok type guy who’s a bit extreme and fun

If not a circus, then a carnival or amusement park. I think there’s something important about retaining the “side-show” nature of Kurt’s life before X-Men.

If anyone is going to be a social media influencer, I’d rather it be Jubilee. Maybe her powers spark out of control during a live-stream, which prompts the MRD to come after her (and the X-Men to her aid).

Btw I'm curious to hear what your ideal starting lineup would be

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Storm
Angel
Iceman
with Jubilee as the final recruit

Casting & character work would be crucial, of course, but I think this could be a good blend of backgrounds & power-sets.

Maybeee include Forge similarly to his Wolverine and the X-Men iteration (i.e. in a limited, supporting role).

I always likened what I thought the MCU’s approach to Sinister should be as a “Victorian-era scientist with STAS-Brainic ambitions to ‘collect’ mutant evolutionary DNA.” The Sylar comparison isn’t too far off—I’ve even suggested Quinto for Sinister a number of times :D

On getting the mental image, yeah, Quinto would be a fine pick to play him. He should be both creepy and charismatic, and Zach Quinto can definitely do both. Might be a little on the nose, though.

Hmm the Proudstar brothers would be cool to see on screen together however I do want Marvel to take crack at the Summer bros relationship since Fox dropped the ball on that. Both set of brothers can tell a good side story. You can have Alex be a part of Magneto’s faction, a member of the X-Men and then spin him off to X-Factor. I do like the above idea with the Proudstar’s and eventually Warpath joins X-Force...

side note: since Marvel brought back the original Jameson, I hope they bring back Munn for Psylocke! She definitely has love for the character, knows her powers, and spent all that time training. I’d love to see her in X-Force movie or Disney+ series...

DWSGXoR.png

This is both a good joke, and also a good idea for the future adaptations. Instead of being about baseline hatred of mutants 100% of the time, how about exploring the idea of different "classes" of mutants and their relations with each other? Which is to say, have real tension between mutants who can "pass" and/or are photogenic, versus those who have obvious physical mutations and/or gruesome or useless powers. Its very easy to imagine some serious resentment and cultural fracture lines, especially if the "pretty" mutants tend to have fewer problems with anti-mutant bigotry and more potential for celebrity perks.

I really hope we get hover chair. Idk why—it was always just a cool visual growing up.

Professor-Xs-hovering-wheelchair.-X-men-Marvel-cartoons-.gif

In terms of roster, I’d like for the road to lead us to the famous Claremont/Lee team. X-Men #1, if you’ll recall also featured Forge, Banshee, Moira MacTaggart, Nick Fury, Genosha, and the Alcolytes. And the first story arc (which was Claremont’s final for a long while) included Asteroid M, and hints towards Omega Red, and much more—the MCU could mine a who lot of content for movies & Disney+ series in those handful of issues alone.

X-Men-1-Blue-Gold.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm the Proudstar brothers would be cool to see on screen together however I do want Marvel to take crack at the Summer bros relationship since Fox dropped the ball on that. Both set of brothers can tell a good side story. You can have Alex be a part of Magneto’s faction, a member of the X-Men and then spin him off to X-Factor. I do like the above idea with the Proudstar’s and eventually Warpath joins X-Force...

hell yes to all of them getting developed together.
Its crazy to me how Fox was the studio with all those siblings relationships, with all being powered characters, yet Fox didnt develop anyone. So f**** lame.
but yet Bryan and Kinberg kept talling reporters and sites how their movies were mostly about "family".
Family my a**.

So now that Marvel Studios have all these great characters, really hope they explore them to their full potential, similar to Cap and Bucky, who werent actual brothers. Cyclops, Havok, Thunderbird and Warpath are.

Well since you mentioned it the rumor lineup from June had
the Summer bros, and Thunderbird. Here's the full rumor lineup from June if anyone wanted to know. :)
  • Cyclops
  • Marvel Girl
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler
  • Havok
  • Sunfire
  • Thunderbird

the Summer bros, and Thunderbird. Here's the full rumor lineup from June if anyone wanted to know. :)
  • Cyclops
  • Marvel Girl
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler
  • Havok
  • Sunfire
  • Thunderbird
That's a strong lineup, but I highly doubt we get a 5:2 M/F ratio. Swap Sunfire out for Jubilee and it works pretty well, though I still think Iceman is almost certain to make the cut, given Fiege's repeated push for more LGBT+ representation.

That's a strong lineup, but I highly doubt we get a 5:2 M/F ratio. Swap Sunfire out for Jubilee and it works pretty well, though I still think Iceman is almost certain to make the cut, given Fiege's repeated push for more LGBT+ representation.

How about kill two birds with one stone with two words? Kitty Pryde.

• Cyclops
  • Marvel Girl
  • Storm
  • Nightcrawler
  • Havok
  • Sunfire
  • Thunderbird
Hmm, not bad. Isn't this from the same article that stated Feige was looking to make the X-Men Harry Potter-lite?

I wouldn't be surprised if they applied that template. I mean, it markets itself: "Hogwarts for superheroes".

To be fair, they could easily make Thunderbird, Sunfire or even Kurt gay no problem. None of them have defining relationships with women

I know Nightcrawler in the comics is different, but as he was presented in the Fox movies I'd have honestly given him even odds of being gay. Angel, too, for that matter.

Hmm, not bad. Isn't this from the same article that stated Feige was looking to make the X-Men Harry Potter-lite?

I wouldn't be surprised if they applied that template. I mean, it markets itself: "Hogwarts for superheroes".

I think so yeah. Yup, and if I remember correctly it was called
Hogwarts for Mutants, and with rumors of Sauron's boss is Sinister it does seem like they're setting up Sinister to be the MCU Thanos of the MCU X-Men well if the rumors turns out to be true that is.

Now I know these are just rumors but these is actually something I could see Feige doing because Sauron/Savage Land, Krakoa, and Sinister as the mastermind villain Fox never did that, and having them in the MCU X-Men would help make it feel fresh, new, and different.

It would also add something fresh, new, and different to the MCU as well because I don't think we ever had a dinosaur villain like Sauron before, anything like the Savage Land, and even the living Mutant island Krakoa. Plus Sinister as the mastermind behind it, and with Scott and Alex in the rumor lineup it makes me wonder if we'll get the Summers Sinister storyline.

I think so yeah. Yup, and if I remember correctly it was called
Hogwarts for Mutants, and with rumors of Sauron's boss is Sinister it does seem like they're setting up Sinister to be the MCU Thanos of the MCU X-Men well if the rumors turns out to be true that is.

Now I know these are just rumors but these is actually something I could see Feige doing because Sauron/Savage Land, Krakoa, and Sinister as the mastermind villain Fox never did that, and having them in the MCU X-Men would help make it feel fresh, new, and different.

It would also add something fresh, new, and different to the MCU as well because I don't think we ever had a dinosaur villain like Sauron before, anything like the Savage Land, and even the living Mutant island Krakoa. Plus Sinister as the mastermind behind it, and with Scott and Alex in the rumor lineup it makes me wonder if we'll get the Summers Sinister storyline.
If the first film is going to have a stronger focus on the school & the student dynamic, and bolster a more fantastical tone of wonder and excitement, then I suppose a villain like Sauron makes sense.

I'm an advocate for longterm payoff. So if X1 is gonna be this fun, fantastical first entry, then the darker tone bolstered by later entries will be much more impactful (to contrast).

Classical, though, can mean a lot things for people—

O5? Giant-size reboot? 90s/Animated series?
O5.

Angel
Cyclops
Beast
Jean
Iceman

Other characters can be in it, like Storm, but I'd prefer at least 1 movie with the O5 team, and then I think I can be more open to it expanding.

If the first film is going to have a stronger focus on the school & the student dynamic, and bolster a more fantastical tone of wonder and excitement, then I suppose a villain like Sauron makes sense.

I'm an advocate for longterm payoff. So if X1 is gonna be this fun, fantastical first entry, then the darker tone bolstered by later entries will be much more impactful (to contrast).

Yup.

Yup, and if they do that then it would match with Harry Potter because Harry Potter did the same thing. Sorcerer Stone and Deathly Hallows are day and night even though they're the beginning and end of the series.

If the rumors that Feige is a huge fan of HP are true then if there's any Marvel IP that would work with HP it's definitely the X-Men. Examples Scott and Harry, Professor X and Professor Dumbledore, Mr. Sinister and Voldemort aren't that much different.

Also here's an idea for a fresh take on the Summers bros. What if instead of being separated as kids, they both lived in the orphanage until they escaped and ever since they been living on their own until the Professor finds them, and gives them a chance for a new home, to make a difference in the world, etc. etc.

I mean, it's kind of hard to say mutants are a secret if you have a two-fingered, tailed blue elf racking up hits on social media. Jubilee, though, SHE would be perfect for a sort of YouTube/Twitch/Tiktok star.

Kurt I see either...

1) Still in the care of Mystique and Dynasty as part of the Brotherhood

2) Already found and recruited by Xavier. He could then be the crux of Xavier wanting to stay in hiding and others wanting to "come out." You have this happy-go-lucky, wise-cracking guy, who also has a deeply buried level of pathos in his isolation from the world.

3) Some sort of rogue, a Robin Hood-esque thief, perhaps, operating solo in secret

That said, I think one big challenge will be (assuming they include Iceman, which seems obvious) differentiating Bobby and Kurt's personalities. I could see them playing off each other well with Shawn/Gus or JD/Turk type relationship.

yeah, I was thinking of Kurt as being similar to how LGBTIQ people tend to speak very openly on social media about their experiences and that seems to illicit a lot of hate but also understanding which was an interesting angle to take. Jubilee would definitely be an interesting idea though

Speaking of lineup. Anyone remember the rumor lineup from June?

I’m seeing that used more and more in Disney’s marketing so I think everyone should get used to the idea of that line up being used in movies and things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"