Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selene?

me too actually I was thinking the other day how grey beast might be fun to see again. But I suppose blue beast pops visually and is more iconic.

hopefully Marvel goes with mo-cap for Beast. I think that will be visually stunning. I remember being amazed how they capture the monkeys in the Planet of the Apes films every detail was on point. When it comes to Hank they have to do a good job of hiring an actor that can capture his gentle, science side and his feral side when he’s in battle. I want a scene with Hank talking upside down in his lab coat . LOL

yeah, Beast is one of the x-men that will look stunning under Marvel Studios and I feel could turn into a big favourite if Feige does a good job with him. (unlike Fox prequels)

hopefully Marvel goes with mo-cap for Beast. I think that will be visually stunning. I remember being amazed how they capture the monkeys in the Planet of the Apes films every detail was on point. When it comes to Hank they have to do a good job of hiring an actor that can capture his gentle, science side and his feral side when he’s in battle. I want a scene with Hank talking upside down in his lab coat . LOL
It’s been mentioned before that Professor Hulk in Endgame was quite a decent looking CGI mocap character so the tech that Marvel directly has access to is improving. Also as you mention the apes looked really good in the POTA films. That tech is getting better every day and by the time X-Men comes around they could use it to make an awesome-looking Beast.

Also agreed that someone needs to be able to capture his gentle nature, his quirky intellectual light comedy, be convincing on the science side, and still capable of being a feral beast when the time comes.

once again we are finding ourselves in agreement. I mean, makeup looks cool but six hours in makeup is kind of a nightmare to put people through

once again we are finding ourselves in agreement. I mean, makeup looks cool but six hours in makeup is kind of a nightmare to put people through

Ditto. I was actually thinking there are a couple of characters I wouldn’t mind seeing their face in make up/prosthetics. I think it would be cool paint a actor’s face for Sinister but have his costume be mo-cap and same for Apocalypse.

I wish there was a way to bring in Cassandra nova right away, she would be such a brilliant way to show mcu professor x is not all he’s cracked up to be

I thought of the ultimate baller move for Marvel introducing the X-Men. Cast the original 5 quietly now, skewing young but talented and film a series for D+. Keep it under wraps and go about your business with other films and setting up mutants in the MCU. Finally do the big X-Men film with all the popular characters, reusing your already cast actors but introducing them as if they're new; and then drop a killer flashback series of the first incarnation of the team, and everyone looks appropriately young. It's the kind of flex you could only do with a franchise as sure-footed as this, but Marvel could feasibly do this. How cool would that be?

Andy Serkis for Beast?

We're definitely at a point where we can go full CG with Beast. It will distinguish him from previous versions, and free him up for some more interesting movement.

I thought of the ultimate baller move for Marvel introducing the X-Men. Cast the original 5 quietly now, skewing young but talented and film a series for D+. Keep it under wraps and go about your business with other films and setting up mutants in the MCU. Finally do the big X-Men film with all the popular characters, reusing your already cast actors but introducing them as if they're new; and then drop a killer flashback series of the first incarnation of the team, and everyone looks appropriately young. It's the kind of flex you could only do with a franchise as sure-footed as this, but Marvel could feasibly do this. How cool would that be?

Andy Serkis for Beast?

We're definitely at a point where we can go full CG with Beast. It will distinguish him from previous versions, and free him up for some more interesting movement.
Ha, that would be really cool if they could pull it off. Must be almost impossible with today’s level of media/social media omnipresence.

Oh that would be fun! The thing is though, marvel has a house style and sometimes that’s hard for people to compromise with. I mean she came this close to directing black Panther

Right. But maybe xmen will be a little more akin to them matching up visions. They obviously like her so I definitely wouldn't put it past them reaching back out.

I hope so. After seeing Selma I feel like she would get it

Jemaine Clement for Beast! :D
latest

:bst:

^ That would be fun. If Beast is mo-capped, I guess the voice could be anyone. I wouldn't mind Stephen Fry.

Beast is one of those characters where his humanity should at least a little visible behind the animalistic form, so i think having the actor behind the voice should be doing the standard mocap performance.

I actually like Mike Coulter for it. I know the chances would be slim, but he has a very eloquent way of delivering lines. His Luke Cage always came across as very intelligent.

Last edited:
I actually like Mike Coulter for it. I know the chances would be slim, but he has a very eloquent way of delivering lines. His Luke Cage always came across as very intelligent.

I could see that you know. And he's done mo-cap work before.

Quite interesting idea that. I'm not sure yet but he would be good on a few fronts at least.

Would you guys prefer a short, stocky Beast or a taller, thinner version like Hoult was?

I don't mind a stocky beast. Give the planet of the apes treatment in terms of realism. I do cosign on the gray blue color, which I've always wanted.

Would you guys prefer a short, stocky Beast or a taller, thinner version like Hoult was?
I don't care too much about height but I'd prefer Beast not to be a thin guy.

Why does it have to be short and stocky OR taller and thinner? Comic book hank is stocky, yes, but he's also 5'11".

Sometimes I think we get too hung up on physique and height on this debate. When most of it is just movie magic anyway.

I think this is less a debate about the actors physique and more the characters. Which is a fair argument given the nature of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"