Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Wolverine show works for me, but I don't know what they mean by "anthology style". I guess they're trying to say it's a limited series/miniseries, because at face value that doesn't make any sense.

A Wolverine show works for me, but I don't know what they mean by "anthology style". I guess they're trying to say it's a limited series/miniseries, because at face value that doesn't make any sense.

It means it wouldnt neccesarily follow one singular timeline, like FATWS or Wandavision. 1 episode could be Logan in WW2, while the next one is the Vietnam war, the next one maybe Weapon X facility, then the next one an Alpha Flight story. it would jump around to different points in his life l.

So the wolverine anthology on D+ Is something I pitched here back in like 2019, so hopefully it comes true lol. It's potential is limitless though; I'd set it in different centuries/decades and around the world.

Last edited:
Hashtag Show is not the most reliable of sources. They were the ones that reported Captain America would die in Civil War and three death scenes were filmed with War Machine and Scarlet Witch.

One rumor they got right was Finn Jones as Iron Fist on Netflix.

Would disney let him get feral tho? They better or my gosh am I going to write a strongly worded letter

So the wolverine anthology on D+ Is something I pitched here back in like 2019, so hopefully it comes true lol. It's potential is limitless though; I'd set it in different centuries/decades and around the world.

That anthology story has tons of holes in it and makes no sense.

It means it wouldnt neccesarily follow one singular timeline, like FATWS or Wandavision. 1 episode could be Logan in WW2, while the next one is the Vietnam war, the next one maybe Weapon X facility, then the next one an Alpha Flight story. it would jump around to different points in his life l.

That's not really an anthology though. And that's not what American Horror Story did either. Each season was a completely new storyline and new set of characters.

Last edited:
What other wolverine stories are left to tell? Hulk versus wolverine obviously, brilliant way to introduce him to the mcu. Omega red, daken, a few others

They could expand on a lot of things in the Weapon X program compared to what we've seen before. It's also not like it is hard to outdo XMOW or anything. While they can also branch into other MCU things, as you mentioned like Hulk. Lady Deathstrike definitely should show up again imo. Tons to work with.

That said, I'm not buying into this yet and a Disney + Wolverine show doesn't really interest me due to the violence restrictions it will have on the service for the character. Yeah, it works as pg-13 but I'd rather Marvel follow suit with what they're doing with Deadpool. Been hoping Marvel will expand more into R territory with at least 2 more properties.

What other wolverine stories are left to tell? Hulk versus wolverine obviously, brilliant way to introduce him to the mcu. Omega red, daken, a few others

*Ahem*

all_new_wolverine_1.jpg

That said, I'm not buying into this yet and a Disney + Wolverine show doesn't really interest me due to the violence restrictions it will have on the service for the character. Yeah, it works as pg-13 but I'd rather Marvel follow suit with what they're doing with Deadpool. Been hoping Marvel will expand more into R territory with at least 2 more properties.

I know Marvel has been taking more risks over the years, but I don't see them doing that with Logan. He's certainly going to be one of the MCU's biggest faces moving forward. I don't see them taking him to rated r movies.

Yeah I think it will be very mandalorian type violence, like it’s mostly implied. Which would be a shame but that’s Disney

Hmm, that sounds really interesting.

Yeah I think it will be very mandalorian type violence, like it’s mostly implied. Which would be a shame but that’s Disney
If it has Mandalorian quality I won’t be complaining.

I don't need R-rated. I'd like to see a more gritty Wolverine (not an amoral killing machine or an animal, just not as soft-hearted as Jackman's), but I'm not looking for blood.

I don't need R-rated. I'd like to see a more gritty Wolverine (not an amoral killing machine or an animal, just not as soft-hearted as Jackman's), but I'm not looking for blood.

Yeah, Winter Soldier has had some pretty intense moments--I'm thinking when he killed all those SHIELD agents on the helicarrier, or when he strangled Maria Stark.

PG-13 is totally fine for a Wolverine portrayal.

He does literally have knives on his hands though. I do want to see more than just using his claws to slash wires to make doors close etc

The Wolverine not taking up a space in MCU's film slate, meaning no solo films... I hope that's the case.

He does literally have knives on his hands though. I do want to see more than just using his claws to slash wires to make doors close etc

Yeah I think that’s all doable, but doesn’t need to necessarily be graphic.

Hashtag Show is not the most reliable of sources. They were the ones that reported Captain America would die in Civil War and three death scenes were filmed with War Machine and Scarlet Witch.
There's the rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"