Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily do Blue and Gold team right away. Blue in the first movie, Gold in the second movie. That way, they aren't starting with the o5. They won't be limited to mutants that they could introduce in X-Men 2. And for the third movie, feature both teams.

Rogue has such a broad demographic they would be crazy not to include her. I think Jean, Orono, kwannon and rogue would be amazing. Then Emma for a sequel and kitty
Jean, Storm and Rogue were the three females of X1, so I dont see Feige repeating that same formula, as much as they are the biggest female X-Men.

Either Jubilee, Kitty, Psylocke or Polaris will have a key role on the first movie this time around, imo.

I don't think it's going to be any team lineup we've seen in the comics before. It will be a wholly original collection of whatever characters they want to use. And I'm glad about that, because I'd hate for them to be confined to any one era.

I'm confident it will be a very racially diverse team. My main concern is with the LGBTQ+ representation. I think a lot is riding on Shang-Chi and The Eternals for how willing The Mouse will be to let Marvel defy the homophobic censors.

Unless The Marvels is set on Earth, I don't know why the movie should feature Rogue and Mystique.

Save Rogue for the X-Men. Carol Danvers has other supporting characters that have yet to appear in a movie. Also, the movie already has Kamala Khan and Monica Rambeau. Rogue would just steal the thunder from those two, and whoever the villain is (Moonstone?).

I don't know why anyone would assume the Marvels isn't set on Earth, since it already includes Kamala and Monica, both of whom are on Earth. I doubt Kamala's already signed on to be Carol's galaxy hopping sidekick by the end of her D+ series.

But I do agree there's probably too much going on there already for Rogue and Mystique to have a big part.

If they do go the POC route with Charles and Erik, I could see Giancarlo Esposito as Xavier and Washington as Erik.

At the same time, you could easily switch the roles, though Esposito just screams Xavier overall more to me than Denzel does , but that's me.

They can both play villans well, though I could see Denzel's Magneto being much more charismatic and dynamic leader. More akin to Fassbender's Magneto.

I could see Esposito's Magneto being more calculating and manipulative like McKellan's Magneto.

actor-giancarlo-esposito-156966_large.jpg

Dp1qA5WVAAAPad3.jpg

sox7vdlo9je11.jpg

3svw431g5dv51.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone would assume the Marvels isn't set on Earth, since it already includes Kamala and Monica, both of whom are on Earth. I doubt Kamala's already signed on to be Carol's galaxy hopping sidekick by the end of her D+ series.

But I do agree there's probably too much going on there already for Rogue and Mystique to have a big part.
I clearly meant "mostly set" on Earth.

I just can't imagine Capt. Marvel who have been space hopping ever since she became Captain Marvel would be confined to Earth in her 2nd non Avenger movie.

I clearly meant "mostly set" on Earth.

I just can't imagine Capt. Marvel who have been space hopping ever since she became Captain Marvel would be confined to Earth in her 2nd non Avenger movie.

I mean mostly, too. Sure it's theoretically possible that Carol is on Earth for five minutes and somehow accidently drags Kamala and Monica into some offworld adventure, but it would be pretty weird considering she probably barely knows Kamala (or quite possibly doesn't know her at all) and Monica for some reason is highly displeased with her. And both of them are completely brand new to having powers, too.

Carol isn't supposed to be an exclusively cosmic hero anyway - she's always had plenty of earthbound adventures, so it would make sense for her second movie to show that side of her specifically because her previous appearances have leaned so heavily cosmic. And she has to put in some genuine appearances on Earth in order to make it believable that people know her and are invested in her just as much as they were in Cap, Iron Man or Black Panther.

I don't think it's going to be any team lineup we've seen in the comics before. It will be a wholly original collection of whatever characters they want to use. And I'm glad about that, because I'd hate for them to be confined to any one era.

I'm confident it will be a very racially diverse team. My main concern is with the LGBTQ+ representation. I think a lot is riding on Shang-Chi and The Eternals for how willing The Mouse will be to let Marvel defy the homophobic censors.
I've heard some things from some people who I'd say are in the "know", that heavily suggest that this will in fact be the case for Marvel's X-Men team.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of them going this route again, considering it was done multiple times by Fox. Feels like a missed opportunity to capitalize on the iconography. But hey I don't make the calls

I've heard some things from some people who I'd say are in the "know", that heavily suggest that this will in fact be the case for Marvel's X-Men team.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of them going this route again, considering it was done multiple times by Fox. Feels like a missed opportunity to capitalize on the iconography. But hey I don't make the calls
I get the love for the iconic lineups. But from a filmmaking perspective, there are SO MANY amazing mutant characters that I wouldn't want to limit myself to teams we've already seen. I just hope we get a broad enough scope for the franchise as to maximize how many mutants actually get screentime.

My current lineup is:

Cyclops: Corey Hawkins
Jean (I really don't know what codename. Maybe yoink "Prestige" from Rachel): Rose Leslie
Storm: Jodie Turner-Smith
Nightcrawler: Mena Massoud
Iceman: Noah Galvin
Rictor: Diego Tinoco
Jubilee (The newbie on the team, promoted after Morph is killed in action): Kelly Marie Tran

With Havoc, Kitty, Quentin, Armor & Idie as students. The Professor and Beast as teachers. And Polaris introduced as an outsider secretly spying for her dad.

Last edited:
If they do go the POC route with Charles and Erik, I could see Giancarlo Esposito as Xavier and Washington as Erik.

At the same time, you could easily switch the roles, though Esposito just screams Xavier overall more to me than Denzel does , but that's me.

They can both play villans well, though I could see Denzel's Magneto being much more charismatic and dynamic leader. More akin to Fassbender's Magneto.

I could see Esposito's Magneto being more calculating and manipulative like McKellan's Magneto.

actor-giancarlo-esposito-156966_large.jpg

latest

sox7vdlo9je11.jpg

3svw431g5dv51.jpg
I'm confused.......you have Esposito as Mags in the pics but prefer him over Washington as Charles? Not me! Esposito seems to be the perfect bad guy and I can see him as Mags and Denzel as Charles.......I hope they keep the same tension that Malcolm X and Martin Luther had but chemistry to be good friends at the same time.

I have to say I am happy the X-Men are in the MCU but like 5 to 7 years ago based on the success and risk the FoX-Men movies were doing I thought to myself that never in my lifetime X-Men in the MCU, but I am wrong just like a lot people are. It just so amazing that there will be an MCU X-Men movie.

Jean, Storm and Rogue were the three females of X1, so I dont see Feige repeating that same formula, as much as they are the biggest female X-Men.

Either Jubilee, Kitty, Psylocke or Polaris will have a key role on the first movie this time around, imo.
If thats the case, then I would say Jean is the one we won't get in the first Mcu X-Men movie. Jean was the lead in Dark PhoeniX and that movie is one of the worst reviewed Marvel movies ever (joining the ranks of Elektra, Fant4stic and Spirit of Vengeance). While Storm didn't really do anything in Dark Phoenix. And Rogue's last movie appearance is way back in 2014.

I could get behind Giancarlo as Professor Xavier. He’s been slept on for years so I’m glad if he gets even more mainstream shine.

Magneto on the other hand, should still be played by a white actor IMO. His European background and all that are too signature.

Plus I still want him to be revealed as Wanda and Pietro’s bio dad and give us all that drama.

If you ever find out any interesting tidbits from your sources you know your old pal Shinobi’s DMs are always open bro.

5CF06F5E-E4C2-41C2-BCC3-BECF0A8E3867.gif

I really hope we get legit costumes back for this reboot. Enough of the black leather or tactical gear garbage. I want costumes, and I want masks. Wolverine Mask finally has to happen. We've been denied it too long.

Also, I don't mean that he puts it on for 30 seconds and barely wears it crap like Zemo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Not good enough.

I get the love for the iconic lineups. But from a filmmaking perspective, there are SO MANY amazing mutant characters that I wouldn't want to limit myself to teams we've already seen. I just hope we get a broad enough scope for the franchise as to maximize how many mutants actually get screentime.

My current lineup is:

Cyclops: Corey Hawkins
Jean (I really don't know what codename. Maybe yoink "Prestige" from Rachel): Rose Leslie
Storm: Jodie Turner-Smith
Nightcrawler: Mena Massoud
Iceman: Noah Galvin
Rictor: Diego Tinoco
Jubilee (The newbie on the team, promoted after Morph is killed in action): Kelly Marie Tran

With Havoc, Kitty, Quentin, Armor & Idie as students. The Professor and Beast as teachers. And Polaris introduced as an outsider secretly spying for her dad.

Sorry, I can't approve of that type of casting for Nightcrawler. He's Kurt Wagner, and he's a native German. That has to stay.

Sorry, I can't approve of that type of casting for Nightcrawler. He's Kurt Wagner, and he's a native German. That has to stay.
... You realize that there are non-white native Germans, right? And, you know, Kurt is blue, so if Mena puts on a German accent, what's the difference? Kurt has big Aladdin vibes. Who better to play him than Aladdin himself?
Magneto on the other hand, should still be played by a white actor IMO. His European background and all that are too signature.

Plus I still want him to be revealed as Wanda and Pietro’s bio dad and give us all that drama.
As for Magneto - I really very strongly feel the Holocaust should be off the table. I hate the idea of Erik being given some anti-aging power just to cling to that backstory when there are, tragically, SO MANY genocides more recent in our history. And this isn't just because of it diminishing the mortal nature of his character. It's a matter of relevance. The Holocaust is understandably the definitive genocide. But that allows too many people to act like such crimes "couldn't happen today." It's much more poignant, IMO, for Erik to have survived a more recent genocide, one that was mostly ignored and forgotten by the Western world.

And I really don't see a world where Wanda and Pietro are retconned to be his kids. I just don't see what that would add to Wanda's character at this point, especially when we've already seen her dad. Let Polaris take that starring role instead of dragging Wanda into it.

Last edited:
I like Jurnee Smollett-Bell for Polaris. Denzel as Magneto would be my top choice, too, honestly. We've seen so much of him at this point that it would be good to mix it up a little, and I'm not sure how else you really change Magneto.

As for Magneto - I really very strongly feel the Holocaust should be off the table. I hate the idea of Erik being given some anti-aging power just to cling to that backstory when there are, tragically, SO MANY genocides more recent in our history. And this isn't just because of it diminishing the mortal nature of his character. It's a matter of relevance. The Holocaust is understandably the definitive genocide. But that allows too many people to act like such crimes "couldn't happen today." It's much more poignant, IMO, for Erik to have survived a more recent genocide, one that was mostly ignored and forgotten by the Western world.

With all the Holocaust denying and crap going on over the years, I'd strongly disagree. That is the one part of Magneto I would never change.

With all the Holocaust denying and crap going on over the years, I'd strongly disagree. That is the one part of Magneto I would never change.
How would you keep it, then? Because like I said, I've yet to see take on "Erik is almost a century old but also not physically an octogenarian" that doesn't greatly diminish his character. Always down for new ideas though.

How would you keep it, then? Because like I said, I've yet to see take on "Erik is almost a century old but also not physically an octogenarian" that doesn't greatly diminish his character. Always down for new ideas though.

This is the hardest trait to try to explain. With magnetism being partially about a force that pulls/pushes, perhaps you could say that his mutant ability internally enables his body to subconsciously control this in his cells/telomeres, thus enabling him to age slower. Yes this isn't involving metals within his body, but its the best BS thing I can think of :funny:

I really hope we get legit costumes back for this reboot. Enough of the black leather or tactical gear garbage. I want costumes, and I want masks. Wolverine Mask finally has to happen. We've been denied it too long.

Also, I don't mean that he puts it on for 30 seconds and barely wears it crap like Zemo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Not good enough.
I wonder if they are going give Storm and Polaris a headpiece. Then headpiece for Angel, Gambit, Marvel Girl, a headpiece that surrounds the side of their face, chin and the forehead. I want to see those.

For the costumes, Iceman would be the easiest to adapt. And then Shadowcat (yellow and blue) and Rogue (TAS).

... You realize that there are non-white native Germans, right? And, you know, Kurt is blue, so if Mena puts on a German accent, what's the difference? Kurt has big Aladdin vibes. Who better to play him than Aladdin himself?

That logic doesn't scan at all to me. It's not a connection I've ever made with Kurt. Also, Mena Massoud is not a native German.

That logic doesn't scan at all to me. It's not a connection I've ever made with Kurt. Also, Mena Massoud is not a native German.
Kurt is my favorite X-Man, but I guess we all have different readings.

But I have never seen a single native German suggested to play Kurt. Alan Cumming is Scottish. Kodi Shmidt-McPhee is Australian. Neither of them have any more German national ties than Massoud. Do you only want a native German actor to play Kurt? And if they cast a native German of the same ethnicity of Massoud, would you be okay with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"