Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A multiverse Hugh cameo would be great but he isn't the guy now to take the next Wolverine forward for the next 20 years.

We just need 10 years, it’s not like RDJ was Iron Man for 20 years. Or Evans as Cap. In the 5 years since Civil War, we don’t even know if Tom Holland is keen to continue a new trilogy. The MCU X-Men can survive beyond Wolverine. And, as we know, there are many Wolverine legacy characters that Marvel can tag in. They’re not shy in that regard—just take a look at all the Young Avengers being introduced.

And if everyone is so bothered by Wolverine overexposure, why are we pushing for another 2 decades of Wolverine-centric storylines?

He wanted to stop playing the character because he saw the X-Men franchise under FOX going nowhere. The virtual opposite reason of why Keaton came back to Batman after 30 years. He sees the DCEU going places and the money's good.

The MCU is obviously going places and the money will be really good if Jackman decides to come back.

Jackman has said this publicly. If FOX had made a deal with Disney the way Sony did, Logan would have not happened. Logan happened the way it did at his behest because he saw the character going nowhere under FOX.

So yes, Logan was a premature exit. He wasn't done playing the character. He just got tired of playing him in a dead franchise.
Do you have a link to where Jackman shows frustration for how Wolverine "under Fox [was] going nowhere." Where he shows he "got tired of playing him in a dead franchise?"*

We, as fans, can clearly see the highs and lows the studio has taken the franchise. And it's so easy for us to transfer our frustration into thinking the actors felt the same way. However, I've seen no indication from any of Jackman's interviews where, in his frustration, drags FOX. There's a reason Hugh is known as one of the nicest guys in showbiz. So unless you were a fly on the wall at FOX or at the Jackman household, I don't think you would have any way of knowing any of that at all.

*If Jackman was ever frustrated with the treatment of his Wolverine, just imagine how Marsden, Janssen, Berry, Paquin et al felt LMAO

Last edited:
Just like Iron Man will eventually be recast, so too will Wolverine. It’s very possible the floodgates are opened in Multiverse of Madness and then reset a decade or so down the road in a Secret Wars event movie, with recasting for major characters, etc.

Hot take:

- Wolverine is clearly the best X-Men character and this explains his so called “overexposure”

- no one can do better than Jackman

Sure we could get a good performance from someone as a more comic book oriented Wolverine, but Jackman defined that role much like RDJ, Reeve, and Reynolds did with their respective characters. It’s going to be nearly impossible to acclimate audiences to a new Wolverine if the previous guy is able and willing.

Exactly. Nobody can top him now and won't for a long time.

If Jackman is game to enter the MCU and Feige is inviting him it's because Feige acknowledges that Jackman is STILL the best man for the job.

Hugh Jackman is Lebron James. FOX was Cleveland and the MCU is Los Angeles.

Hot take:

- Wolverine is clearly the best X-Men character and this explains his so called “overexposure”

- no one can do better than Jackman

Sure we could get a good performance from someone as a more comic book oriented Wolverine, but Jackman defined that role much like RDJ, Reeve, and Reynolds did with their respective characters. It’s going to be nearly impossible to acclimate audiences to a new Wolverine if the previous guy is able and willing.
The solution is clear: If Jackman doesn't do it, then there is no need for Wolverine in the MCU. Clearly.

If "no one can do better than Jackman" then why even try? Amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Lip
The solution is clear: If Jackman doesn't do it, then there is no need for Wolverine in the MCU. Clearly.

If "no one can do better than Jackman" then why even try? Amirite? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one can do it better than Jackman now. In 10 years that will change. Right now Jackman's Wolverine is another RDJ Iron Man. Nothing compares and nothing will for a while.

I think Zac Efron would do a wonderful job as Wolverine. I'm ready for a fresh take

There are a lot of ways to interpret Wolverine

You shouldn't use "nostalgia iron" when you are just rebooting the X-Men. It took years for MCU to feature the actors from the pre-Homecoming movies. Bringing back Hugh Jackman as the Wolverine would only hinder recasting the role eventually for the long run.

Also Hugh is 53. We aren't getting the reboot til X-Men '24 or X-Men '25.
I guess some fans want Hugh Jackman to still play Logan with 70 years old, LOL

No one can do it better than Jackman now. In 10 years that will change.
No.

But the good news is: we're not seeing him before 2025, so it will be almost 10 years after Logan.

Tom Cruise is still making action movies at 59 years old. I just saw him flipping out of a biplane filming M:I8. I think age is just a number in Hollywood. Especially when the MCU just gave us a whole movie in 2019 in which it’s second main lead Samuel L. Jackson is CGI’d to look like it’s the mid-90s.

Let Hugh enjoy his carbs, he doesn’t need to be shredded like it’s The Wolverine. People make it sound as if he’s pudgy now or something. Put him a classic Wolverine costume and move on. Plus a mask facilitates stunt performance too.

Tom Cruise is still making action movies at 59 years old. I just saw him flipping out of a biplane filming M:I8. I think age is just a number in Hollywood. Especially when the MCU just gave us a whole movie in 2019 in which it’s second main lead Samuel L. Jackson is CGI’d to look like it’s the mid-90s.

Let Hugh enjoy his carbs, he doesn’t need to be shredded like it’s The Wolverine. People make it sound as if he’s pudgy now or something. Put him a classic Wolverine costume and move on. Plus a mask facilitates stunt performance too.

The age argument just doesn't work with Hugh Jackman.

And for the people who obsess over what's on a birth certificate vs what's onscreen: Mahershala Ali will be 48/49 by the time Blade goes into production. Kevin Feige couldn't care less. He's not playing "Old Blade". He's playing Blade.

Zac Efron occupies a weird space as an actor—I don’t know if could conceivably see him as a super hero, or in a comic book movie. The ship has sailed for younger characters like Human Torch, but I don’t see him as a leading man either.

Cool. Someone better tell Hugh Jackman that. Because he's been doing interviews where he says his body can't do the intense workout regime and diet he used to be able to pull off just five years prior.

He'll have a suit this time. No need to be 3% body fat during the whole shoot. Maybe for just the one shot of him shirtless they'll throw in there for shock value.

And he's not the first to be jacked in his 50s. The Rock will be 50 next year and he's looking better than ever now.

The rock has been an athlete and a freak of nature his ENTIRE life. It's in his genes, Hugh has been very fit for a very long time, but putting those two on the same conversation is silly. Of course anyone can get ripped, look at JK Simmons he's a beast.

The rock has been an athlete and a freak of nature his ENTIRE life. It's in his genes, Hugh has been very fit for a very long time, but putting those two on the same conversation is silly. Of course anyone can get ripped, look at JK Simmons he's a beast.

Yep, JK got ripped at 60. Love that guy.

My point is it's foolish to dismiss someone based on the year they were born. It should come down to ability. Nothing else. The Rock, Mahershala Ali, Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr...being in their 50s in no way hinders their suitability to play their respective superheroes. Nobody cares that these guys are 50.

"The Hugh Jackman is too old" argument is simply a bad argument and won't hold any weight with most people until Hugh actually starts to look like he did in Logan.

Watching Reminiscence was a reminder of how great the makeup in Logan was. I think some people saw Logan and genuinely believed Jackman had gotten that old in the 3 years between DOFP and Logan lol

Daniel Craig is 51 in No Time to Die and not only looks great but he's a force to be reckoned with throughout that movie. Brad Pitt is 53 in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and he's a SAVAGE in that movie. Looks great too. The "50 is old" stance is just a terribly foolish stance.

Well you have to consider the long game, he's 53 now. How old is he before he's cast, how about when the movie actually hits the big screen, how long can he do it physically, would he want to go through that again? We can't answer those questions. Only Hugh and Marvel can. But marvel likes longevity, they like franchises, and they like money. And Hugh has said he's done, he did it for the better part of 2 whole decades. It's okay to move on.

Yep, JK got ripped at 60. Love that guy.

My point is it's foolish to dismiss someone based on the year they were born. It should come down to ability. Nothing else. The Rock, Mahershala Ali, Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr...being in their 50s in no way hinders their suitability to play their respective superheroes. Nobody cares that these guys are 50.

"The Hugh Jackman is too old" argument is simply a bad argument and won't hold any weight with most people until Hugh actually starts to look like he did in Logan.

Watching Reminiscence was a reminder of how great the makeup in Logan was. I think some people saw Logan and genuinely believed Jackman had gotten that old in the 3 years between DOFP and Logan lol

Daniel Craig is 51 in No Time to Die and not only looks great but he's a force to be reckoned with throughout that movie. Brad Pitt is 53 in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and he's a SAVAGE in that movie. Looks great too. The "50 is old" stance is just a terribly foolish stance.
Hugh Jackman told us he's too old. Take it up with Hugh.

Last edited:

Spoiler: He's not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg