Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Cruise is still making action movies at 59 years old. I just saw him flipping out of a biplane filming M:I8. I think age is just a number in Hollywood. Especially when the MCU just gave us a whole movie in 2019 in which it’s second main lead Samuel L. Jackson is CGI’d to look like it’s the mid-90s.

Let Hugh enjoy his carbs, he doesn’t need to be shredded like it’s The Wolverine. People make it sound as if he’s pudgy now or something. Put him a classic Wolverine costume and move on. Plus a mask facilitates stunt performance too.
Tom Cruise is not being hired for a mission: Impossible reboot. Its just another sequel for a movie series he is attached for every movie released.

But I guess if you want a siXty year old for a superhero role that isn't supposed to age quickly, okay. Age wouldn't be an issue if only he is only in his late 30s or early 40s.

Hugh Jackman is siXty three in X-Men '31. Think long term.

You realize Andrew Garfield spent the last 4 months denying his involvement in No Way Home to every reporter on the planet?

Actors know how to play the game and politic. Jackman flashed Feige's name last month and posted a pic with him on social media the month before that. If he were to be officially announced as MCU Wolverine I wouldn't be shocked at all. Not even a little.

He's the best man for the job. It's just a matter of negotiating a multi-picture deal that pays so much he can't ignore it. In Feige I trust.

You realize Andrew Garfield spent the last 4 months denying his involvement in No Way Home to every reporter on the planet?

Actors know how to play the game and politic. Jackman flashed Feige's name last month and posted a pic with him on social media the month before that. If he were to be officially announced as MCU Wolverine I wouldn't be shocked at all. Not even a little.
So Jackman plays dumb when talk of the multiverse is brought up and then posts a pic with Feige?

antm-missj.gif

He's the best man for the job. It's just a matter of negotiating a multi-picture deal that pays so much he can't ignore it. In Feige I trust.
LOL How many times are you going to say this? Just because you repeat it ad nauseam doesn't make it true.

Tom Cruise is still making action movies at 59 years old. I just saw him flipping out of a biplane filming M:I8. I think age is just a number in Hollywood. Especially when the MCU just gave us a whole movie in 2019 in which it’s second main lead Samuel L. Jackson is CGI’d to look like it’s the mid-90s.

Let Hugh enjoy his carbs, he doesn’t need to be shredded like it’s The Wolverine. People make it sound as if he’s pudgy now or something. Put him a classic Wolverine costume and move on. Plus a mask facilitates stunt performance too.

Tom Cruise is ****ing insane. Propped up by a scam of a cult.

Tom Cruise is not being hired for a mission: Impossible reboot. Its just another sequel for a movie series he is attached for every movie released.

But I guess if you want a siXty year old for a superhero role that isn't supposed to age quickly, okay. Age wouldn't be an issue if only he is only in his late 30s or early 40s.

Hugh Jackman is siXty three in X-Men '31. Think long term.

Mahershala Ali and The Rock will be 60 as well in 10 years. Nobody cares.

Mahershala Ali and The Rock will be 60 as well in 10 years. Nobody cares.

Ali will be 59 ten years after Blade. Johnson will be 60 ten years after Black Adam. Jackman would be 67 ten years after a hypothetical 2025 X-Men.

Any bets for which of these three characters the executives would be most concerned with longevity? Because it's probably not the guy no one has ever heard of before or the one that once achieved a moderately successful trilogy 20+ years ago.

I don't think much of "longevity" when it comes to DC movies. They'd reboot or go with someone else before you know it.

While Blade is Blade. Not eXactly a Spider-Man, face of the X-Men or the neXt Iron Man. I give it more or less ten years after his first film is released, before the character is phased out.

eXpect this I want Hugh Jackman back more when we see Tobey/Andrew/Charlie CoX/Kingpin/Sir Patrick Stewart/Ryan Reynolds in the MCU.

Imo, they should have kept the multiverse (or the actors from non mcu films returning in their reXpective Marvel role) for Spider-Man movies only. But here we are. There's no undoing.

eXpect this I want Hugh Jackman back more when we see Tobey/Andrew/Charlie CoX/Kingpin/Sir Patrick Stewart/Ryan Reynolds in the MCU.

Imo, they should have kept the multiverse (or the actors from non mcu films returning) for Spider-Man movies only. But here we are. There's no undoing.

No offense but it's the last thing I want to see.

Is this even a serious suggestion?
apparently yes.
Zac Efron. Scott Eastwood............ at this point its like, you know,? lets just add every pretty boy of Hollywood too: Dave Franco, Channing Tatum, Liam Hemsworth and all the Riverdale cast too, why not? :funny: :funny:

frozen-elsa.gif

This is why I don't like Multiverse crap. It's poisoned the well, and so has No Way Home.

I blame Alan Moore. He caused all this.

the-daredevils-7-1983_card.jpg

Sony is a huge culprit. I highly doubt that if Marvel/Disney had total control over Spider-Man and his franchise, we’d see this multiverse bs.

This is why I don't like Multiverse crap

I mean, this whole talk about Jackman leads to a talk about bringing McaAvoy, which leads to Fassbender, which leads to those die hard Famke fans who wants her back as Jean, which leads to those who want Sophie instead, which leads to bringing the whole cast, which leads to people wanting mutants to be introduced through the multiverse... we all saw that before.

The only people that should come back from the Foxverse are Jackman and Reynolds. Stewart returning for a cameo is perfect but MCU Xavier should be younger

Nah just keep Reynolds and his Deadpool players.

Listen Hugh Jackman had his era. It was a great run. But at the same time he also eclipsed and cannibalized the Fox-Men movies and so much time was devoted to him and his Wolverine’s journey. Leave that in the past.

New blood, new Wolverine, something that’s more comic accurate and with a new actor that can reenergize the character.

The mindset that Hugh Jackman is some type of God that is above a whole big cast and is the only x-man that should stay is sooo annoying and offensive to me.
If Marvel wanted to continue Fox franchise, they should keep the whole cast, not just Jackman, giving him even more exposure, development, screentime while totally ignoring all the other talent from original trilogy, Jackman's actual cast partners (with plenty of awards winning, nominated and talented names, both male and female, both older and younger).

The pick and choose attitude of Hollywood and a portion of the fanbase is disgusting, in my book. None, NONE is above everyone else. So a studio either reboot a property 100% or just dont.

I’d go as far to say that a recast would be disappointing, regardless of who is selected. Hugh is the most logical and exciting option. Capitalize on the nostalgia and recognize that he will never be eclipsed by another actor in the role. He defined Wolverine and impacted the character in comics, animation, games, etc;
Logically he is the best option. The ONLY question is if he is willing to do it.

The mindset that Hugh Jackman is some type of God that is above a whole big cast and is the only x-man that should stay is sooo annoying and offensive to me.
If Marvel wanted to continue Fox franchise, they should keep the whole cast, not just Jackman, giving him even more exposure, development, screentime while totally ignoring all the other talent from original trilogy, Jackman's actual cast partners (with plenty of awards winning, nominated and talented names, both male and female, both older and younger).

The pick and choose attitude of Hollywood and a portion of the fanbase is disgusting, in my book. None, NONE is above everyone else. So a studio either reboot a property 100% or just dont.
This is really silly IMO. It’s “offensive” and “disgusting” for certain actors to return? Are you serious? Your “everyone gets a trophy” mentality is showing. Sadly, not everyone made an impact like Reynolds, Stewart, and Jackman. They were perfectly cast. Stewart is too old now but perfect for a one off cameo in MOM. I hope Xavier will be recast in the MCU after.

Look to M in the Bond franchise or Alfred in the 90s Batman films. The pick and choose mentality is nothing new.

X-Men fans have a hard time accepting that Wolverine is the star of the franchise and Jackman is the face. Restarting with a new actor when Hugh can still be retained is not a good move IMO. He has so much more goodwill than 95% of the Fox X-Men cast. No one would give a **** if Cyclops, Storm, etc ; are recast in the MCU. Wolverine is completely different and not even really comparable. He is the definitive X-Men character whether you like it or not.

The most comparable situation would be recasting Reynolds as Deadpool. Horrible idea. Recasting Hugh isn’t necessarily a horrible idea, but the better option is to just retain him so they can capitalize on his extreme popularity.

This is really silly IMO. It’s “offensive” and “disgusting” for certain actors to return? Are you serious? Your “everyone gets a trophy” mentality is showing. Sadly, not everyone made an impact like Reynolds, Stewart, and Jackman. They were perfectly cast. Stewart is too old now but perfect for a one off cameo in MOM. I hope Xavier will be recast in the MCU after.

Look to M in the Bond franchise or Alfred in the 90s Batman films. The pick and choose mentality is nothing new.

X-Men fans have a hard time accepting that Wolverine is the star of the franchise and Jackman is the face. Restarting with a new actor when Hugh can still be retained is not a good move IMO. He has so much more goodwill than 95% of the Fox X-Men cast. No one would give a **** if Cyclops, Storm, etc ; are recast in the MCU. Wolverine is completely different and not even really comparable. He is the definitive X-Men character whether you like it or not.

The most comparable situation would be recasting Reynolds as Deadpool. Horrible idea. Recasting Hugh isn’t necessarily a horrible idea, but the better option is to just retain him so they can capitalize on his extreme popularity.

Yep. From Marvel's perspective it comes down to "we can go with someone 90% of moviegoers will LOVE to see back in the role or gamble on someone new that 90% of moviegoers will compare to Jackman and in doing so will thus reject."

The same way most people would reject a new Deadpool or a new Tony Stark. What cracks me up is to hear such an anti-Jackman position from people and for them to actually expect Feige to share that position. Feige wouldn't even recast Black Panther. A role Boseman only had 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if when the Wolverine casting convo comes up for MCU X-Men between Feige, D'Esposito & Alonso, there aren't any real concrete options other than Jackman.

If Tom Hardy wasn’t crossing over in the MCU as Venom, then he’d be good. But Hugh is still the best pick by a mile IMO. If I were a betting man, I’d say Hugh will return as the MCU Wolverine.

Hard pass on Jackman coming back. Sorry. Loved his Wolverine, but the guy starred in seven movies and had a proper send-off with Logan. And that says nothing about the fact that he is approaching his mid-fifties. Blink and he'll be sixty before we know it.

By all means, give him a cameo in Multiverse of Madness so we can at least "canonize" his universe in the MCU. But if the X-Men are going to have a fixed presence in the main MCU continuity moving forward, we need a new take on the character for a new actor to own for the next decade.

Last edited:
We just need 10 years, it’s not like RDJ was Iron Man for 20 years. Or Evans as Cap. In the 5 years since Civil War, we don’t even know if Tom Holland is keen to continue a new trilogy. The MCU X-Men can survive beyond Wolverine. And, as we know, there are many Wolverine legacy characters that Marvel can tag in. They’re not shy in that regard—just take a look at all the Young Avengers being introduced.
Those guys wanted out to move on to new things but I bet Feige would have been happy to keep them. Iron Man doesn’t need to stay particularly young and I would also have loved to see veteran Cap over the next 10 years. Hemsworth on the other hand seems happy to be sticking around, and Renner and Ruffalo are still here as of now. I think unless they want to write a death for story reasons during a major event there's no reason to end a character permanently at an arbitrary time.

And if everyone is so bothered by Wolverine overexposure, why are we pushing for another 2 decades of Wolverine-centric storylines?
Are you saying the same people who are bothered by overexposure are pushing for another 2 decades of Wolverine or different people? :cwink:

I’m interested in Hugh taking on a mentor role like in X-Men Evolution. I’ve yet to see any good arguments against it. His long tenure if anything is a plus, his age and appearance aren’t an issue (he’s playing a 150+ year old character), and writing/characterization/costuming will set this version apart from the Foxverse.

Imagine if the new MCU Wolverine actor is just meh, while Hugh Jackman is still there willing and able to play the role. It’s such a gamble getting a new actor when the perfect Wolverine is right there (just a little older).

Hard pass on Jackman coming back. Sorry. Loved his Wolverine, but the guy starred in seven movies and had a proper send-off with Logan. And that says nothing about the fact that he is approaching his mid-fifties. Blink and he'll be sixty before we know it.

By all means, give him a cameo in Multiverse of Madness. But if the X-Men are going to have a fixed presence in the MCU moving forward, we need a new take on the character for a new actor to own for the next decade.

Paul Rudd will be 53 in April. You honestly think Feige will be putting him out to pasture after Quantumania?

Feige: "Paul, you're too old. Kindly leave." LMAO

What is it with people and this insane mentality that 50 is a death sentence for actors?

I'm just glad the studio doesn't think this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"