Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that, however the mcu introduces mutants, it's going to be a long, drawn out process.

The biggest problem is Rogue...how will they make her the powerhouse she is if she doesn't absorb Caroles strength? Who else would they use for that role?

I have a feeling that, however the mcu introduces mutants, it's going to be a long, drawn out process.

It could.

I have a feeling they're going to sprinkle individual mutant characters throughout several films and tv shows before we get a proper " X Men" film .

I see the Xavier cameo as not only a fun easter egg, but also as sort of a " just hold on fans, the X Men are coming" type of tease, from Marvel studios.

when I heard that tiny blast of the theme song I was so happy. We’re in for good times everyone. Thank you Disney for coughing up the dough to bring the x-men home

The biggest problem is Rogue...how will they make her the powerhouse she is if she doesn't absorb Caroles strength? Who else would they use for that role?
she could have superstrength at the beginning and there are too many mutants with super strength and flight that she could steal.

I like the idea of those things being used in What If. Like, I think it would be cool to see the FOX X-Men and FF there in what if situations.

But in general it annoys me seeing alternative versions of the X-Men in the MCU, before the final ones.

For me, it would be very anticlimatic to see the live action version of TAS before the MCU ones.

And I am a little worried that we're going to see Secret Wars before the X-Men.
With the X-Men finally joining the MCU even if its just under 1 character.

it shouldn't take after Secret Wars to feature the X-Men, Xpecially Secret Wars is not even confirmed and announced. The X-Men could be getting their feature film three years from now.

Carol's too powerful for that role anyway. There are lots of other characters that can fly and have superstrength or invulnerability. Depending on how the story is done, they don't necessarily even have to come from the same person.

Lizzie wants Wanda to be in the X-Men. <3

No, you just got me excited! I don't really know what I do next after this movie. I don't really know. I wanna know what fans want and what the ideas are. But I guess you just said it, if we're bringing X-Men back, I'll wanna be there! I have no actual plans yet. I am very excited to talk with Kevin [Feige] about that at some point.

Scarlet Witch And The X-Men? Elizabeth Olsen Shares Her Excitement For What’s In The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Future

OLSEN: Someone just said, "Because you're bringing in X-Men, Wanda's a part of the X-Men franchise. Why can't Wanda be there too?" In my mind I'm like, "Yeah. Why can't Wanda be with the X-Men too?"

I have no idea. I don't know what I want. I know I want it to matter. There's no reason to continue to tell these stories unless they're really strong, good stories, and that they're adding something to the entirety of the MCU. I will be there if there's a great idea.

Elizabeth Olsen on ‘Doctor Strange 2,’ Her Marvel Contract, and How She Never Met Some of the Cast While Filming

Love that she's enthused about being with the X-Men.

It's my dream to see the real Brotherhood in live action:
f042fb81e52b8d6777f0045a0da2b2a5.png

I'm gonna pass on that one.
Carol's too powerful for that role anyway. There are lots of other characters that can fly and have superstrength or invulnerability. Depending on how the story is done, they don't necessarily even have to come from the same person.
Thunderbird, Strong Guy, Colossus, Juggernaut, eXcetera.

They could still have Rogue absorb Carol. They could switch it from the comics in that the transfer isnt 100% complete and Rogue gets flight/strength/invulnerability and energy absorption at the start but the energy powers dissipitate over time and her base powers only include flight/strength/invulnerability.

Personally, I think it would be for the better if the Professor, Wolverine, and Magneto were among the last to be introduced.

Personally, I think it would be for the better if the Professor, Wolverine, and Magneto were among the last to be introduced.
I definitely agree on Wolverine and wouldnt opposed to that with Magneto, but I cant possibly see how Profesor could be among the last. Every X-men in every media is built around him. Without him being the founder or inspiration for why the group is formed, what role would he even play?

Well, based on his comments on Ms Marvel, Feige does not have my trust with the X-men.

Well, based on his comments on Ms Marvel, Feige does not have my trust with the X-men.
I don't believe the push for more diversity is coming from Kevin Feige. Never believed it. I'm not saying he's opposed to it, but I never saw as a initiative coming from him.

As for the X-Men, I don't see it as being as political as it should be. Not much hope for queer representation either.

I still see it as being politically better than FOX tho.

I don't believe the push for more diversity is coming from Kevin Feige. Never believed it. I'm not saying he's opposed to it, but I never saw as a initiative coming from him.

As for the X-Men, I don't see it as being as political as it should be. Not much hope for queer representation either.

I still see it as being politically better than FOX tho.

I'm cynical enough in that Feige is smart enough to recognize that being inclusive can tap a bigger audience than not being inclusive. Or was, until China when full cultural control.

I wouldn't mind if the Wolverine and Magneto debuted after X-Men 4.

Both characters are going to get lots of screentime so do it later after they've introduced hundreds of mutants.

That being said, I'd love for Magneto to be 1 and done like Red Skull and just cameod in another movie.
I definitely agree on Wolverine and wouldnt opposed to that with Magneto, but I cant possibly see how Profesor could be among the last. Every X-men in every media is built around him. Without him being the founder or inspiration for why the group is formed, what role would he even play?
I think they can save the Professor for the second movie, after that I don't think they can't keep him out forever, Xpecially after the latest Marvel fliX.

The students need their professor!

I was thinking that one way to hold off on the professor would be to have him be missing. Since my thinking is that the intro/buildup of mutants could be a slow process, perhaps they could go the mystery route of having the mutant gene be discovered in certain people, but nobody knows how to explain it. An investigation leads to research by the missing Charles Xavier, perhaps setting up a search for him as the focal point of the first film.

Feige justifying the changes they made to Kamala Khan (e.g. Getting rid of the NuHuman background)

Ironically enough, this was almost certainly done for the X-Men :funny:

Not really. Because changing her from a Nuhuman does not necessarily mean her powers has to change. Feige was completely right, she was a Nuhuman for a purpose. And that purpose was to push a brand, in an attempt to allow Marvel to be able to financially sideline the X books like they were able to do with the FF. And that same reasoning is here. Her powers were changed to support a brand.

I was thinking that one way to hold off on the professor would be to have him be missing. Since my thinking is that the intro/buildup of mutants could be a slow process, perhaps they could go the mystery route of having the mutant gene be discovered in certain people, but nobody knows how to explain it. An investigation leads to research by the missing Charles Xavier, perhaps setting up a search for him as the focal point of the first film.

That's what I am thinking as well. I would prefer both Chuck and Mags be missing and presumed dead when we introduce the mutants officially within MCU proper. The two overshadowed every other character not played by Jennifer Lawrence in the Kinberg-verse, and removing them from the start will give other X-Men the room to shine.

That's what I am thinking as well. I would prefer both Chuck and Mags be missing and presumed dead when we introduce the mutants officially within MCU proper. The two overshadowed every other character not played by Jennifer Lawrence in the Kinberg-verse, and removing them from the start will give other X-Men the room to shine.
I'd have Magneto, as well as Wolverine, simply be out of sight, out of mind.

What’s Nuhuman?
Something something thing Perlmutter thing because movie rights with the X-Men at the time were with what it used to be 20th Century Fox, so the comics focused on the Inhuman push because......again the X-Men film rights were at Fox (Formerly). So nuhumans are the thing supposed to replace mutants in the comics for another pointless synergy thing Marvel outside of the Marvel Studios has been doing lately until that didn't work either. It's a lot to explain what a nuhuman is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"