Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magneto imo should only appear in 3 X-Men/MCU movies maXimum. Even Thanos only appeared in 4 movies (half of those were cameos in GOTG/AOU) and 0 MCU series.

Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Bastion, Children of the Vault, Vulcan, Cassandra Nova, Mojo, eXodus, the Shadow King - the X-Men won't run out of villains for twenty movies.

I don't care what the actress want. She's not even playing a member of the X-Men to begin with.

Marvel studios should prioritize whats beXt for the franchise, over their actors. This is like when Simon Kinberg kept Jennifer Lawrence/Michael Fassbender for every X-Men team because he was fond of the actors.

Yeah no.

You don't care but she does. And Feige, the person with the final call, care about what she thinks not what you think, so she has a lot more weight on this matter than you which is a good thing because what she wants is best for the franchise. What you want is not.

Regardless agree to disagree.

100% Wanda being a mutant is the easiest, most organic on-ramp the MCU has for introducing the mutant race. Unless you want mutants to be the result of some sort of Multiversal event (which would kill my interest in the MCU's X-Men), then I'd argue Wanda is one of the best (& last) bets we have.

By using a precedent that audiences are already familiar with-- Wanda being the ONLY hero/villain in the MCU, to be BORN with her powers -- you can easily and fairly seamlessly, introduce the concept of mutants to audiences, and have it make sense within the established MCU.

I agree.

And to be clear, I don't think anyone is saying that a new X-Men franchise has to revolve around center-of-the-universe Wanda. However, as a gateway into the mutant concept, she seems like a logical choice, considering what has already been established within the MCU.

Wanda isn't a mutant in the MCU for long eight years. So why even bother calling her a mutant,when they didn't label her a mutant this long? I just don't get it.

They could use someone else as a Gateway for this mutant concept. It doesn't have to be Wanda. It could be Storm, Psylocke, Cyclops, Rogue, someone we haven't seen yet in the MCU.

A lot of relationships and dynamics have been altered across the MCU. Wanda Maximoff is one example.

In the comics, Hope Van Dyne wasn't the present day version of the Wasp. She was a villain in MC2.

In the comics, Taskmaster isn't what he Taskmaster was in Black Widow.

In the comics, Steve Rogers would never return to the past to be with his one true love Peggy Carter.

This isn't the comics, and they aren't going to play by or follow all the comics' rules. Marvel Comics doesn't even do it. The MCU won't either.

I took what Kevin Feige said about Kamala and the timing in the MCU.

I do think this ship has sailed for Wanda, but I like that, if they take that path, they can say "look, there has been mutants around the MCU before (and causing trouble)". Not that Wanda alone (and maybe Pietro) would answer the question "why haven't we seen mutants this whole time?", but it's something, I guess.
If I have to bet, the mutants in the main universe are in hiding or wipe out from the memories of the public.

Thats why they've been missing in action.

They are probably gonna do a Lost-esque flashbacks that they've been present all these times (possibly included in big events like Chitauri Invasion, Sokavia, Airport War, Wakanda Invasion and Portals). But they've been wiped out from our memories for some big reason ala Peter Parker in No way Home. Telepaths can do that.

God I hope that doesn't happen. There's no need to pretend everyone was 'always there' and crowbar a dozen random characters into movie moments that are already great the way they are.

The mutants can just be relatively new, exactly as was the case in the comics. Maybe Xavier or some other older, low profile mutant was in Manhattan for the battle of New York. Maybe Logan got into a bar fight with the Chitauri that no one saw because they were already running for their lives. But there's no need for any of it to go any further than that.

the whole memory thing with the whole mutant population is one of the worst ideas people keep saying.
Hell no. Thats not right, not from Xavier, not for everyone involved. No man. Its a mess.

Wanda isn't a mutant in the MCU for long eight years. So why even bother calling her a mutant,when they didn't label her a mutant this long? I just don't get it.

They could use someone else as a Gateway for this mutant concept. It doesn't have to be Wanda. It could be Storm, Psylocke, Cyclops, Rogue, someone we haven't seen yet in the MCU.

Not only that, but they've *already* done a big reveal about the nature of her powers. . . and it was in the opposite direction of "secretly a mutant". It is highly unlikely they are going to retcon her *again*.

I reckon they’ll say there’s a reality where there’s just mutants (the foxverse) and one where there’s superheroes (the mcu) and they get smashed together eventually so it’s sort of a soft reboot. That way if you want you have the option to eventually recast roles like captain America and iron man

A lot of relationships and dynamics have been altered across the MCU. Wanda Maximoff is one example.

In the comics, Hope Van Dyne wasn't the present day version of the Wasp. She was a villain in MC2.

In the comics, Taskmaster isn't what he Taskmaster was in Black Widow.

In the comics, Steve Rogers would never return to the past to be with his one true love Peggy Carter.

This isn't the comics, and they aren't going to play by or follow all the comics' rules. Marvel Comics doesn't even do it. The MCU won't either.
Is this supposed to be an argument for the MCU doing this? I think a lot of these aren't strongly done.
Not only that, but they've *already* done a big reveal about the nature of her powers. . . and it was in the opposite direction of "secretly a mutant". It is highly unlikely they are going to retcon her *again*.
THIS. Say it again for the people in the back.
The only reveal they gave was that she always had powers, that's not a reveal about how she has them, it wouldn't contradict a mutant reveal, and it doesn't make sense for why Quicksilver had powers, if that's all there is to for that.

If the mutants are simply a large new group, then I guess you should be prepared for Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast to be teenagers again....

And that would be just like the previous X-Men films. How uneXciting.

But at least
In 838, we know that the Professor helped defeat Thanos as a member of the Illuminati, and the X-Men must have been formed years ago in that universe.

I keep seeing Milo Gibson getting fancast as Wolverine. I've never seen his movies but he has the look.

They were also adults in the previous films.
Iceman, Shadowcat and Rogue were teenagers from x1 to x3. They were adults for 1 film.
Beast was a teenager in First Class, and didn't age in Days of Future Past, Apocalypse and Dark PhoeniX despite the decade jumps. Beast only looked older in X3 + Dofp ending.
Storm, PhoeniX, Nightcrawler and Cyclops were teens in Apocalypse, and didn't look much older in Dark PhoeniX.

Do you need to see them as teenagers one more time? I doubt MCU is going to jump from 2020s to 2030s then to 2040s for every new X-Men film.

The only reveal they gave was that she always had powers, that's not a reveal about how she has them, it wouldn't contradict a mutant reveal, and it doesn't make sense for why Quicksilver had powers, if that's all there is to for that.
LMAO "The only reveal?" You must not have seen either Wandavision nor Doctor Strange 2.

Iceman, Shadowcat and Rogue were teenagers from x1 to x3. They were adults for 1 film.
Beast was a teenager in First Class, and didn't age in Days of Future Past, Apocalypse and Dark PhoeniX despite the decade jumps. Beast only looked older in X3 + Dofp ending.
Storm, PhoeniX, Nightcrawler and Cyclops were teens in Apocalypse, and didn't look much older in Dark PhoeniX.

Do you need to see them as teenagers one more time? I doubt MCU is going to jump from 2020s to 2030s then to 2040s for every new X-Men film.

Seeing as Fox took a ton of liberties with the characters, I don’t really care if they’re teens or adults. A great narrative can be crafted either way as there’s still a lot of source material to play with.

If Feige wans to go younger than the Avengers.... 25-27 years old would be a fine age for the core team to me, with some members younger (Kitty, Iceman and Jubilee mostly) and some older (Wolverine, Beast and Banshee...)

Last edited:
How old do you guys want/expect Xavier to be? I'm thinking 60+. But I can see them taking a First Class approach, or an Aunt May one, and casting someone younger.

I really wouldn't mind if the team were almost all teenagers or if they were almost all 20-30 somethings. It really doesn't matter that much.

Having said that, the X-Men have pretty much *always* had a significant amount of teenagers around at any given point in their history, so you can almost certainly assume that somebody is going to be on the younger side no matter what.

And having said *that*, Mutants being a new group certainly does not have to mean everyone's a teenager. If the mutant population has been rising since the snap and mutants are first introduced to the audience in 2025, that's seven years for the original team to grow and train. And the MCU isn't obligated to keep the average age of a mutant's power revealing itself around 13, either. They could mostly get their powers at 16-18 and it would be totally fine. 16+7=23. 18+7=25.

Plus on top of that, the snap is only one possible starting point. The rise of the mutant population could have started around Civil War or Age of Ultron or around the turn of the 21st century if the writers want that to be the case, though the farther back it goes the more it has to be a very slow rise to explain how it took so long for people to notice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"