Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great having Disney + also to cover/expand on certain characters as there won’t always be time in the main team films for every individual character’s origins. I need the standard of Disney + to go up but it’s a great vehicle that could significantly enhance the X-Men universe if they use it well.

Oh definitely especially if they’re building up Sinister. Can’t do sinister properly without doing Scott’s origin properly

Why? Tying Sinister to Cyke makes no sense, because in the comics, that only leads to storylines that can't really be done onscreen. The parts about how there are comic stuff that should never be adapted to screen? Yeah, that includes the whole Summers... thing. It got old in TAS.

Besides, I'm thinking Feige will go with Gillen's Sinister, which is already going to piss a lot of you off.

Great having Disney + also to cover/expand on certain characters as there won’t always be time in the main team films for every individual character’s origins. I need the standard of Disney + to go up but it’s a great vehicle that could significantly enhance the X-Men universe if they use it well.

With so many characters and teams to play with in the X-verse there is so much they can use Disney+ in terms of origins and intro's as well as using it for some lesser known teams but will still get their chance to shine.

The standard of the shows has been pretty choppy to be fair so far, Ive enjoyed some more than others but I cant any of them yet have really stand out as of yet when you compare it what other streaming platforms have and are putting out, they need to up their game in that regard. Hopefully they have found their feet now and cam improve for when things like X-Men do eventually get into full swing as there is so much potential there.

Looking forward to X-Men '97 at least so we get something, feels like a long time since Dark Phoenix and I think most have tried to forget that exists anyway.:funny:

Why? Tying Sinister to Cyke makes no sense, because in the comics, that only leads to storylines that can't really be done onscreen. The parts about how there are comic stuff that should never be adapted to screen? Yeah, that includes the whole Summers... thing. It got old in TAS.

Besides, I'm thinking Feige will go with Gillen's Sinister, which is already going to piss a lot of you off.

sinister was involved at Scott’s orphanage. It’s not that hard and it certainly lets Nathaniel live up to his name. Also I love Gillen’s Sinister

With so many characters and teams to play with in the X-verse there is so much they can use Disney+ in terms of origins and intro's as well as using it for some lesser known teams but will still get their chance to shine.

The standard of the shows has been pretty choppy to be fair so far, Ive enjoyed some more than others but I cant any of them yet have really stand out as of yet when you compare it what other streaming platforms have and are putting out, they need to up their game in that regard. Hopefully they have found their feet now and cam improve for when things like X-Men do eventually get into full swing as there is so much potential there.

Looking forward to X-Men '97 at least so we get something, feels like a long time since Dark Phoenix and I think most have tried to forget that exists anyway.:funny:
When X-Men gets to their peak I wouldn’t be surprised to get more than one Disney + project per year. Should be a ton of opportunities compared to anything we’ve seen before.

Yeah, very much looking forward to 97 and I’ve a feeling it will be a step up in quality.

I wanna throw my hat in the ring for the X-Men to be their own 'thing' as well.

For sure it will be fun to see characters like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Hulk, Captain America, and so on interact for the first time onscreen, but I'd prefer for that to happen down the road. I'd really like to see the franchise develop independent from the larger MCU, at least for the first few films and D+ shows.

Let's establish the lore, the characters, the interpersonal dynamics, and the resonant mutant themes. X-Men is such a thematically and dramatically rich property on its own. I'd like to see the IP have a chance to really develop before it gets watered down through total integration into the larger MCU aesthetic.

Last edited:
I wanna throw my hat in the ring for the X-Men to be their own 'thing' as well.

For sure it will be fun to see characters like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Hulk, Captain America, and so on interact for the first time onscreen, but I'd prefer for that to happen down the road. I'd really like to see the franchise develop independent from the larger MCU, at least for the first few films and D+ shows.

Let's establish the lore, the characters, the interpersonal dynamics, and the resonant mutant themes. X-Men is such a thematically and dramatically rich property on its own. I'd like to see the IP have a chance to really develop before it gets watered down through totally integration into the larger MCU aesthetic.
Whenever they want to concentrate on thematic elements, external cameos should stay far away. I don’t expect X-Men films to have too many MCU cameos within them (non-intrusive references would be better like we used to get with “Stark-tech”) but X-Men characters themselves can appear in other MCU films and shows without breaking the thematic importance IMO, as that won’t be the focus in those different projects.

Inevitably they’re going to do an avengers versus xmen thing whether we want it or not but I do love the idea of the xmen just having their own quarter from those old squares at stark tower

It would be a bit different than originally imagined with no Stark, Cap or Widow in Avengers any more.

I wonder if MCU X-Men will be similar to the Ultimate X-Men with Mutants being created with the government trying to replicate Captain America Super Soldier Serum in the Ultimate comics Wolverine is the first Mutant so something like this could happen in the MCU maybe the Mutants have been created recently and that is why they never show up before

I wonder if MCU X-Men will be similar to the Ultimate X-Men with Mutants being created with the government trying to replicate Captain America Super Soldier Serum in the Ultimate comics Wolverine is the first Mutant so something like this could happen in the MCU maybe the Mutants have been created recently and that is why they never show up before

Given what they are a metaphor for, this is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

I think my biggest worry is not about when the crossovers happen, but how. AvX is the obvious, and the worst one. Acts of Vengeance, X-men/FF, and I remember enjoying Bloodties are better crossovers. And if you are desperate, Onslaught. I just worry about them changing X-men stories into crossovers. Inferno kind of works. I am going to have nightmares over the Guardians showing up in Dark Phoenix.

I don’t really want a reason why mutants exist honestly. It’s just evolution leaping forward. I don’t want someone with a beaker making them.

I’ll be ok with like, a reality merging with ours.

Given what they are a metaphor for, this is a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

I think my biggest worry is not about when the crossovers happen, but how. AvX is the obvious, and the worst one. Acts of Vengeance, X-men/FF, and I remember enjoying Bloodties are better crossovers. And if you are desperate, Onslaught. I just worry about them changing X-men stories into crossovers. Inferno kind of works. I am going to have nightmares over the Guardians showing up in Dark Phoenix.

In comparison to all their more recent crossovers, Onslaught looks like a masterpiece

I prefer it to be underlying genetics that have always been there and now been triggered by something to come to the fore.

Yeah I still think there should've been a few mutants floating around out there (Wolverine, Sabes, Xavier, Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, maybe a few false mutants created by Sinister) and then the wormhole in Avengers 1 released a wave of cosmic energy that started activating dormant x-genes. That way it's at least 13-15 years prior to the events of the film, so you can have a decent amount of adult mutants walking around

Yeah I still think there should've been a few mutants floating around out there (Wolverine, Sabes, Xavier, Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, maybe a few false mutants created by Sinister) and then the wormhole in Avengers 1 released a wave of cosmic energy that started activating dormant x-genes. That way it's at least 13-15 years prior to the events of the film, so you can have a decent amount of adult mutants walking around
It could be that the genes remain dormant in nearly all cases as default (explaining the few older mutants) and whatever event they chose then activated them leading to a mass explosion in the mutant population.

An X Men team made up of 20 to 30 something actors.
Some of them may have already appeared in Marvel things , but here it is

37xjfif9r9g61.jpg

5b61078cb1dadf53a6e47ed2c0d2b33f.jpg

Wolverine : Milo Gibson

sem-klaflin-sam-claflin-akter-portret-fon-kurtka-ochki-roger.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Cyclops : Sam Claflin

807750.jpg

jean-grey_marvel_feature.jpg

Jean Grey : Zoey Deutch

naomi-ackie-as-jannah-inthe-rise-of-skywalker.jpeg

x-men-gold33-feature.jpg

Storm : Naomi Ackie

joseph-quinn-in-una-scena-di-stranger-things-4-credits-e-netflix.jpeg

f50f7a83b9c35f6a9725e65649f3edfc--marvel-heroes-marvel-dc.jpg

Nightcrawler : Joseph Quinn

maxresdefault.jpg

d6o1bpu-ac8e0c22-a245-4cb7-baf5-6c35c9a30f00.jpg

Colossus : Jacob Elordi

maxresdefault-20.jpg

Kitty-Pryde-X-Men-Comic-Cover-Art.jpg

Shadow Cat : Lara McDonnell

Jessica-Henwick-Unforgettable-Gala-GettyImages-1358523317-H-2021.jpg

Psylocke-Comic-Cover-Art-Mike-Mayhew.jpg

Psylocke : Jessica Henwick

f042a10c-d908-4ad0-9f84-32b36aed7eb4-Austin_as_Elvis_4.jpg

images

Gambit : Austin Butler

MV5BMDZmZWEwNzEtMDJjMi00M2Q1LWEyNWEtMjZhMWFhZDIwMzU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

anna-marie-lebeau-1082372-normal.jpg

Rogue : Margaret Qualley

Jessica Henwick just looks too soft as Psylocke imo, as someone who have seen her in MatriX and Iron FiXt.

I'm about ready to see them break the dam on Psylocke. If all you want is a glorified action figure based on a Jim Lee drawing, I get it.

But there's so much more to Betsy. And Kwannon for that matter.

mk2tq7vivoa61.jpg

I'm about ready to see them break the dam on Psylocke. If all you want is a glorified action figure based on a Jim Lee drawing, I get it.

But there's so much more to Betsy. And Kwannon for that matter.

mk2tq7vivoa61.jpg
Well Mcu is probably going to adapt the most iconic look which is the 90s Jim Lee look but I guess with pants. I think the 90s era look, would be the go to inspiration especially to those who appeared in TAS which they are reviving for TAS - but mcufied for the films.

People who don't read the comics won't recognize Psylocke from her original look, the armored one, Mandarin phase.

So...
Kamala Khan is the first acknowledged mutant in the mcu.

As a huge fan of both her and the X-Men, it fits fine. But its a bit funny to spend literally her entire series building up a totally separate Ms. Marvel backstory only to turn around and say 'oh yeah, you're also a mutant ('mutation')' at the very end.

Based on her reaction, I think you can assume she won't play a huge role in any X-men stuff which makes sense since she usually didn't play one in the Inhumans stuff, either. And while I'm sure that some people are going to be up in arms that she's the 'first' (although there are almost certainly others much older than her we just don't know about yet) instead of someone like Storm or Scott or whoever else, I'm very happy to see that the MCU is committing to the simple, basic concept that mutant genes are just a thing that are around which will have to be slowly discovered by the world at large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"