Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me as another one who wants adult X-Men. I’d be more than happy with the main roster being full of 25-30 somethings and then have them teaching and fostering the children in between missions.

That way you can spinoff the New Mutants, Generation X etc.

But please, no teen X-Men. A character like Jubilee in the team who’s younger, sure, but not a full teenage team. It’s tired like Storm having a Mohawk.

I don't think the O5 represents the X-Men anymore.

They're all white, and even if you change that they're still all US americans, mostly male and with a not so diverse clash of cultures, personalities and different walks of life.

And I feel that at least Storm should be a founding member.
Also the team was never as interesting till they expanded. Not enough variety on all fronts in that initial group, but I don’t mind some callbacks if they choose to do that. Just don’t want to commit the first MCU X-Men film to be only about them - Eternals proved that you might not always get a second chance if your ambitious team film doesn’t quite come off.

I think the first film is do or die in the battle for convincing the GA that this is a new era for X-Men that might be worth checking out even if they didn’t love everything that came before. If everything gets good only after the first film a ton of the GA will be left behind in the way that you don’t get hordes of new fans tuning in for Star Trek 17 (even if is the best one by far) if they weren’t already into ST, while a reboot offers that opportunity.

Last edited:
On the subject of Bobby, though, he was always by far the youngest of the O5, anyway. An 18 or 19 year old Iceman next to early 20 something-ish Angel, Cyclops, etc, would be entirely comic accurate.

A 3 or 4 year age difference is fine, I just don't want him seeming like he's from a different generation, he should be a gen 1 X-Man

And to be quite blunt, there are tons of X-characters more popular than the majority of the O5.

There is a reason the X books have always resonated with teenage audiences, and why there is pretty much always a new "New Generation of X-men" book every decade. And honestly, looking at the current generation of young people, I think the themes can easily work with a young team.

But of course, I am also an Evolution fan.
This is really the crux of it. X-Men, at it's heart, will always be a coming of age story about a group of young people finding themselves. Themes of youth, adolescence, and growing pains, are quite literally baked into the DNA of the franchise.

Even if it's not the original 5, there's always gonna be a teenager and/or young person at the heart of this story.

I also think we're going to get a mix of younger( meaning teen) characters, and older , meaning 20s to early 30s.

Even if Taron isn't cast, they'll be looking for an actor within that same age range in their early 30s.
So, I tend to think early 30s will be the outer age range for the older X Men.

We have Xavier's School , so there's gonna be teens in the film, and I have no doubt that " rights of passage " and "coming of age" themes are gonna play a part somehow in the story.

The question is more about which characters will be teens, and which will be 20 or 30 somethings.

Yeah I just don't want to see Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Rogue as teenagers again.

Even Iceman, Kitty and Jubilee. I feel like they should be in early 20s minimum.

I have a feeling that the MCU X-Men is either gonna be an adaptation of 90 TAS, or the O5 and/or ANAD.

Either one of those two. I just feel that's the most likely, given the trajectory of things, and Feige's emphasis on icongraphy.

I have a feeling that the MCU X-Men is either gonna be an adaptation of 90 TAS, or the O5 and/or ANAD.

Either one of those two. I just feel that's the most likely, given the trajectory of things, and Feige's emphasis on icongraphy.

I think more of an adaptation of 90s TAS. That was still the best depiction of the team and their dynamics outside of the comics.

I really want the MCU X-Men to be its own thing, have its own vibe and build its own iconography.

No problem in taking inspirations... but still being its own thing.

I think more of an adaptation of 90s TAS. That was still the best depiction of the team and their dynamics outside of the comics.
They might have to "adjust" certain things to make the team a bit more narrative palatable (e.g. Rogue starting the film as a villain), but I imagine the core team, and dynamics will remain the same.

I really want the MCU X-Men to be its own thing, have its own vibe and build its own iconography.

No problem in taking inspirations... but still being its own thing.
Well, MCU X-Men can still be it's own thing whilst using the comics as a framework. Just because the team may be TAS, doesn't mean it will be a 1:1 adaptation of that show.

Fox never utilized the X-Men's icongraphy, and that seems to be something Feige is interested in.

X-Men Blue: Cyclops, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Havok, Sage
X-Men Red: Marvel Girl, Angel, Nightcrawler, Beast, Bishop, Polaris, Colossus, Dazzler
X-Men Yellow: The Wolverine, Jubilee, Forge, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Sunfire, Banshee, Marrow, The Professor and his Yellow Hover Chair

Those would be my squads

6be17e8946863707ef3cfe0f2de19417.jpg

8182963-polaris_jppinto-art.jpg

decef5c685c5e9b1ea31b551e710c4872a03d063.jpg

tumblr_inline_pjzzf9BpNd1qbv7u8_1280.png

71xgU-ephwL.jpg

stl160585_5767b59f-0364-4b92-9566-0f85c972ff2b_600x.jpg

Professor-X-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Charles-Xavier-g.jpg

I would love it if we get a Blue and Gold set up in the movies
show how organized and tactical and developed as a real team the X-Men are compared to the Avengers who are mostly just a mish-mash of egos
Which is the way to go imo.

We really haven't seen "squads" in X-Men cartoons, movies and even the videogames.

This is the perfect way to differentiate Marvel Studios' X-Men from the previous adaptations. With squads, they could introduce more mutants in the 2nd movie.

show how organized and tactical and developed as a real team the X-Men are compared to the Avengers who are mostly just a mish-mash of egos

That would be cool.

Also hope they use the “Omega level/Alpha level” terms to categorize mutants.

Yes, I really want this. Get Blue led by Cyclops and Gold led by Storm set up early and bring in Red with Jean leading it later on when there are many more mutants on the scene.

X-Men Blue: Cyclops, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Havok, Sage
X-Men Red: Marvel Girl, Angel, Nightcrawler, Beast, Bishop, Polaris, Colossus, Dazzler
X-Men Yellow: The Wolverine, Jubilee, Forge, Dr. Cecilia Reyes, Sunfire, Banshee, Marrow, The Professor and his Yellow Hover Chair

Those would be my squads
Gold please, not cowardly yellow! :funny:

The X-Men have their signature color which they could use for their team

Green - Rogue, Banshee, Polaris
Purple - Psylocke
Sky Blue - Iceman
Brown - Gambit
White - Emma Frost
Blue - Beast
Indigo - Nightcrawler
Yellow - the Wolverine, Jubilee
Red - Marvel Girl

Gold please, not cowardly yellow! :funny:
Yellow is for the Wolverine. But they could still have a Gold team like in the comics.

I don't think the O5 represents the X-Men anymore.

They're all white, and even if you change that they're still all US americans, mostly male and with a not so diverse clash of cultures, personalities and different walks of life.

And I feel that at least Storm should be a founding member.
Storm needs to be a big presence from the first film. I want her getting to co-leader status very quickly.

Yes, adult or young adult members again please, use the school for teens/kids that can be minor/side characters but I dont need to go through the origins of these characters again. I want them fully formed, fully dressed and in their prime fighting condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"