Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it doesn't mean every story will be a mutant story. Not every film in the Infinity Saga revolved around the stones. Hell, seems like most of the Multiverse Saga projects have nothing at all to do with the multiverse.

My guess is a potential Mutant Saga wouldn't be 100% mutant-specific projects. You'd have a mix of stuff with some characters being developed or introduced who have nothing to do with mutants but will play into a later conflict involving them.
I understand not all movies revolved around the infinity stones or the multiverse. But the mutant saga still doesnt make sense to me.

Even if they can tie one or two non mutant franchise to mutants, there are many other IPs left. Even if they introduce 4 different mutant franchise, that's still not much considering other ongoing properties.

What would be the big event of it? AvX? I wouldn't like that.

More random fan casting on yours truly's part, if Adam Driver isn't MCU Doom, I could totally see him playing mutant hating Graydon Creed.

hqdefault.jpg

That would be fun.

Itd be funny if it the big finale was Onslaught, and they just kill the whole damn MCU

More random fan casting on yours truly's part, if Adam Driver isn't MCU Doom, I could totally see him playing mutant hating Graydon Creed.

hqdefault.jpg

That would be fun.
He's a good actor and I'd like if there's a role that suits him that he wants. Also want to see character like Graydon Creed as early as possible - like part of the background to the X-Men/MCU universe that develops along with the X-Men and grows in influence.

Yeah, it doesn't mean every story will be a mutant story. Not every film in the Infinity Saga revolved around the stones. Hell, seems like most of the Multiverse Saga projects have nothing at all to do with the multiverse.

My guess is a potential Mutant Saga wouldn't be 100% mutant-specific projects. You'd have a mix of stuff with some characters being developed or introduced who have nothing to do with mutants but will play into a later conflict involving them.
I'd say the phase that X-Men are introduced could revolve around a big X-Men villain that goes to the next level and becomes a MCU threat. So the non mutant properties would do their own thing but might feature some mutant cameos (not just X-Men) and reference the mutant issue.

So this is how MCU X-Men look in my mind at the moment:

Cyclops/Scott Summers
43453603995fdebb5fefed4710e4e061.gif

Wolverine/Logan
c8d43bd8063d0e48c98a749336d2a50c.gif

Storm/Ororo Munroe
1dfa4548c2fdb3a56399ca7b718ea9253904f6a9.gifv

Beast/Hank McCoy
crying-joseph-gordon-levitt.gif

Gambit/Remy LeBeau
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f487a636551534e5846747a6b32773d3d2d3335323933393739382e313439613162383865353431343235353133313835393639323531392e676966

Psylocke/Elisabeth Braddock
elektra-natchios.gif

Professor X/Charles Xavier
smiling-giancarlo-esposito.gif

Can I try? :p

Cyclops/Scott Summers
treat-her-right-kevin-williams.gif

Marvel Girl/Jean Grey
tumblr_18f4a0ff2cb1cd57111fba6359abbb9e_c67c717c_500.gif

Iceman/Bobby Drake
aprm9kG.gif

Beast/Hank McCoy
200.gif

Warren Worthington III/Angel
tumblr_64cc985bed41482e05e6de7c2f8d34ce_c79720e0_250.gif

Charles Xavier/Professor X
Leonardo_theartgorgeous.gif

(Note-- this is just my personal fancast)

Comparing the Eternals and Thor to the X-Men.......
What a diservice.
Fyi, the X-Men got bad movies and bad comics.

And I hate to break it you, but just because its Marvel Studios, it doesn't mean the X-Men movies produced by Marvel Studios are automatically going to be great.

You have no evidence that every X-Men film that Marvel Studios would release, would be better than Marvel Studios' worst reviewed films. Do you even know who's directing and writing those films? Rose tinted glasses??

I will give marvel benefit of the doubt!! They’ve put out some excellent movies with the characters they’ve owned!! Plus we hey have breathed a lot of life back into spidey for Sonys benefit!! Just wondering why you seem to be ready to crap on marvel!! We’re you a fox boy when it came to x men??!! Just wondering psylockolous..

I never thought about Leo as Xavier, but damn. I would not be mad.
Oh, he'd be absolutely amazing. Especially for a more morally ambiguous Xavier; the kind of man who believes in making sacrifices for the greater good, even weaponizing the gifts of a child.

I could also see John David Washington
VVBUJXEUERHVVPEG34UM24NQAU.jpg

Washington is a lil young but a a 40-something Xavier is perfectly reasonable if the X-Men are just starting out in the MCU

Fool, we talking about X-Men and you over here casting Power Pack! LOL

But hell, by the time X-Men comes those kids will be older. Like me.

I know it looks/feels weird. Even I felt weird searching for the actors, considering they're all mostly kids :funny: -- but, that's how the X-Men started. And I'm just really attracted to the idea of following the journey of these characters-- from begining, to end.

Having the X-Men start young, from the beginning, and watching them grow, and evolve, and change, and face obstacles, and crises of faith -- would make their journey, and the development of the team, so much more rewarding, and IMO, emotionally fulfilling.

I mean, it's the reason why Endgame had such a profound impact on audiences. I want that for the X-Men.

If Giancarlo gets cast this film will be an easier sell to the GA . At least a couple of well known actors would be good to have even if the rest are talented up and comers.

let's get the whole Wolvie fam in there

Daddy & Daughter, Gabby & Jonathan
Daken with his stupid tribal tattoos
That Howlett kid from the Ultimate U

No I'm kidding, f*** Daken.

I’m with you @Marvel united. I’d say “Harry Potter meets Stranger Things” is my ideal approach for X-Men. Throw in Cliff Martinez for the score and I’m good to go.
It's funny, because I was just watching ST, and thinking the same thing. :funny:

That's why I really like the TAS theme, because it encapsulates the X-Men in their definitive form. It almost feels too big for a young X-Men, and you should feel that, in the MCU's first rendition of that theme-- so they can grow into it.

Just compare Homecoming's rendition of the Spider-Man theme

To NWH's

You can feel Parker's growth, and maturity reaching it's emotional crescendo.

Blue Gold X-Men.jpg

There's a reason why the MCU loves to do this kind of arc. This should be the goal @Shinobi Shaw

It’s interesting, I was reading this book “fighting for our lives” which is about the community response to the AIDS crisis and everyone looking back expects everyone to act perfectly but really they’re just a bunch of imperfect people doing their best and constantly making mistakes because people are imperfect. That’s what I want to see with the x-men. A group of people with diverse ways of handling things who are forced to work together for a civil rights cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"