Michael Giacchino WILL score The Batman

I'm not overly enthusiastic about Giacchino but I like their bromance :funny:. Hopefully he'll be able to produce some good score for his best pal Reeves.

It was inevitable. And Giacchino can produce some great stuff.

But I loved that Joker score, and I had my heart set on hearing a moody, atmospheric and slightly creepy Batman motif by Hildur.

Awesome!
Giacchino is one of the best composers around.

Here’s the one thing I’m very optimistic about, Giacchino is very good with creating character themes that are catchy and Batman sorely needs a new catchy modern theme. I’ve been waiting for a composer to come along and make something thats that perfect hybrid between Elfman and Zimmer for Batman.

Giacchino is really good but I don't think of him as the greatest in modern times like many do. John Paesano's Spider-Man theme (and much of the games soundtrack) dumps all over his for instance. Curious to see what he comes up with though.

I'm hot and cold on Giacchino. Frankly he's overused these days and most of his recent scores have been forgettable.

Fingers crossed.

It's almost like he takes on too much work, and thusly spreads himself too thin.

His Spider-Man work is meh. Blame that on Jon Watts though.

His Spider-Man work is meh. Blame that on Jon Watts though.

And Marvel. They have certain restrictions on what they want from a musical score. Same with cinematography.

I hope Giacchino can come up with a new theme for Batman. I'm ready for something fresh

And Marvel. They have certain restrictions on what they want from a musical score. Same with cinematography.
Sssssssshhhhhhhhh.....

I'm so ready for his Batman puns. :hehe:

Like I said earlier, I would have preferred to see someone more inspired, but I think given the fact they have a friendship with their history, and this being Batman, the man can come up with something genuinely great. Especially since this is noir. It will give Giachino to do something more fresh and unique. So this news is more on the optimistic side. As long as it's better than his past work in the last few years. And I think it will, given the aforementioned. There's more going on in this than the average Marvel film.

It just hit me that now 3 film composers can say they've scored both Batman and Spider-Man with Elfman, Zimmer and now Giacchino. With the other two i think their Batman work was superior to their Spidey work and just like with Giacchino they were working wirh someone they have a great work relationship with for Batman (I know Zimmer was a little different since it was the beginning of theirs with Batman Begins). Giacchino brings it like a mad man for Matt Reeves and I find his stuff with him to be right up there with his stuff for Brad Bird (and JJ Abrams too) so I'm excited as hell to see what he does here.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think a unique thing is their long history of collaboration and friendship, where it gives an opportunity for Reeves to not be afraid to really push him and be candid. I just want a great noir score.

This was back in August when he tweeted this. Looking forward to hearing his score for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"