Michael Giacchino WILL score The Batman

Honestly, Giacchino’s score for this movie was so turnt that the idea of him doing more in this world might be the part I’m most looking forward to in future installments.

I mean, I don’t even know how much of Keoghan’s Joker to expect next time around, but absolutely give me a Giacchino Joker theme.

I think we got a taste of it in that deleted scene

I think we got a taste of it in that deleted scene
We heard it during the morgue scene as well as the Riddler interrogation scene though so I'm not entirely sure that was his Joker theme

Last edited:
Will Something in the Way be the song for Batman this trilogy or are they going to include another song for the sequel?

Will Something in the Way be the song for Batman this trilogy or are they going to include another song for the sequel?

I think it would be cool actually if they keep it throughout the trilogy as the sort of unofficial theme song. Sort of like how Red Right Hand became a recurring theme in the Scream movies. They’ll most likely pick a new song though

Excellent. Not much question over whether that was deserved or not!

They have such grand plans for The Batman universe, and characters like Professor Pyg and Scarecrow—copy the MCU Special Feature model and let Giacchino direct and score one of those.

Guess it’s time to burn the Academy to the goddamn ground.

At this point i don't really care, art should never be awarded it should only be enjoyed. Fck all the awards and fck the oscars

Guess it’s time to burn the Academy to the goddamn ground.

That's too bad. I thought the soundtrack was very refreshing in the genre.
It finally moved away from Zimmer's grandiloquent, percussion-heavy style to a more melodic, even romantic composition. The sonic textures were also renewed, with a more organic feel thanks to quite sophisticated orchestral arrangement. One of the highlight of the whole project to me.
But maybe it wasn't enough against the actual nominees. Which I have no idea of...

Last edited:
Giacchino's previous work was very generic for me, except for MCU's Spidey theme (love it). But here? I love his Batman theme so much that it might became my 2nd favorite, after Elfman's :D.
Having said that, it's completely predictable that his score wouldn't be nominated, even though is one of the best aspects of the movie.

I think it's a bit of a snub for sure. At the same time, none of the previous Batman scores have been nominated and we all know this franchise has an amazing history when it comes to the scores. So he's in good company.

I've got no idea how good the competition was and as always with these annual awards, it's as much about the competition as yourself. Regardless we got very lucky with an amazing score for The Batman. Giacchino has had an absolutely amazing year and doubt will be too upset about this.

**** the Oscars, they've never been more irrelevant than they are right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"