• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ming-Na Wen IS Agent Melinda May

I hope Melinda's character has a bit more personality in upcoming episodes. She seemed more of a strong, silent type with few words in the pilot. I think she had the least personality of the main characters.

BTW if Ming Na didn't play this role, I wouldn't have minded Kelly Hu, although maybe she's getting overused.

I hope Melinda's character has a bit more personality in upcoming episodes. She seemed more of a strong, silent type with few words in the pilot. I think she had the least personality of the main characters.

BTW if Ming Na didn't play this role, I wouldn't have minded Kelly Hu, although maybe she's getting overused.

I thought that being the "strong, silent type" was May's personality. And I like that about her. Although I'd like to see her do more in upcoming episodes, having an experienced female badass on the team is a great change from the way shows like this usually are cast. May can mix it up just like Coulson and Ward, plus she brings other skills to the table. The fact that she's so no-nonsense is a great balance to the junior agents. There's the sense that May would smack them upside the head and get them into line if need be.

May is such a rare female character that Whedon should be commended for creating her. One of the producers said that by casting Clark Gregg and Ming Na they wanted to send a message to the audience that the show isn't just about youth. That's a great message. I hope that the writers give May terrific material so we can really see her shine.

I hope she gets to have lots of good dialogue in the show.

I'm a big Ming Na fan so I'm happy to see her on the show, and I met her on the set of The Single Guy back when I was in college. I like her role as Melinda May, but I do want her to be more talkative because Whedon's strength is her witty dialogues, so I want her to talk in Whedonism more.

I hope they delve more into what made her quit the field. It seems she has a history with Coulson.

She may not have done a whole lot, but she definitely had the most presence of the lot, besides Coulson himself. I think her niche is going to be the straight man ( ahem ) to Coulson's snarker, albeit not directly.

She was a badass taking out that shotgun guy. "We'll discuss it later, at length" Coulson, you should be more scared of her than Loki.

T"Challa;26911973 said:
I hope they delve more into what made her quit the field. It seems she has a history with Coulson.

I hope they weren't dating.:cmad:

Agent May took a new level in badass in the second episode. FitzSimmons seemed terrified of May's brutal, whatever-it-takes efficiency. Not me. I love her style. :awesome:

Really? She's my least favorite character on the show, because out of all the archetypes, hers seems to stand out the most, the badass "brutal whatever-it-takes" seems a bit too forced right now for my taste.

Ol' girl dislocated her wrists on purpose to get out of some handcuffs. She has a pass for the rest of the season as far as i'm concerned. lol

I love Melinda May, not just because she is played by Ming-Na Wen because also because her archetype of a strong, powerful fighter with few words is usually reserved for a male character. I'm glad they decided to make her as kickass as possible on the show.

I love Melinda May, not just because she is played by Ming-Na Wen because also because her archetype of a strong, powerful fighter with few words is usually reserved for a male character. I'm glad they decided to make her as kickass as possible on the show.

That is one of the reasons why I love Melinda May so much. She's the veteran soldier who has been through one combat mission too many and now wants to leave the fighting to others, but she's been drafted by Coulson into the biggest mission of her life. One can guess that May had a team of two shot out from under her and now she doesn't want to be involved in that sort of action any more.

I'm really interested in what (awful, tragic) events made her this way and how Coulson was involved. One thing is for sure, people **** with May at their own peril.

I thought that being the "strong, silent type" was May's personality. And I like that about her. Although I'd like to see her do more in upcoming episodes, having an experienced female badass on the team is a great change from the way shows like this usually are cast. May can mix it up just like Coulson and Ward, plus she brings other skills to the table. The fact that she's so no-nonsense is a great balance to the junior agents. There's the sense that May would smack them upside the head and get them into line if need be.

May is such a rare female character that Whedon should be commended for creating her. One of the producers said that by casting Clark Gregg and Ming Na they wanted to send a message to the audience that the show isn't just about youth. That's a great message. I hope that the writers give May terrific material so we can really see her shine.
My thoughts exactly

Yes, she is indeed a badass. She and Black Widow HAVE to have a scene together at some point. It can be in the show, in the movies, in a one-shot, I don't care where it is, just make it happen Whedon.

Should we give Agent May the nickname "The Chavalry" from now on?

Now I definitely want to see her in an Avengers Movie, just as a small cameo. I love how she just dislocated her wrist and then put it back in place, without even flinching. And I want to see some badass fighters like Taskmaster on the show even more now, just to see how good of a fighter she really is.

She's my 2nd favorite character on the show after Coulson.

Yeah I agree she's brilliant. I wonder how soon she will appear in the comics

May needs to come out of her shell though and be more talkative. Ming Na is a more talkative actress to begin with, so I don't really want to see her brooding the whole time.

May needs to come out of her shell though and be more talkative. Ming Na is a more talkative actress to begin with, so I don't really want to see her brooding the whole time.

Dude, it's like 2 episodes in....give it time. :p Whedon doesn't believe in rapid character development....he prefers a more fluid approach.

Yes, she is indeed a badass. She and Black Widow HAVE to have a scene together at some point. It can be in the show, in the movies, in a one-shot, I don't care where it is, just make it happen Whedon.
I wouldnt be surprised If they are friends and we will discover that at some point .

My thoughts exactly
One of the most interesting things about May is she was so good at her desk job that none of her fellow team members knew who she was .
Fighting, Shooting, Flying , or Pushing Papers ,
For May,it is about her duty regardless of what form her duty takes.

My guess is that we're going to get a flashback to the event that made her leave fieldwork in the first place, and there we'll see her being a cool wisecracking secret agent who's having a lot of fun being all badass and fighting Bond-style villains up until the traumatic event that makes her leave for a desk job and get all grumpy.

A fan tweeted this to Ming-Na. :lmao:

BWQHCJpCIAAoxlz.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"