My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

93dc22703d4a2dfef857949b6ffe1a92.jpg
0f25b907eacefd5fb4321911bfe1c020.jpg
b3ecc96788deab5df19d45a5cb3014a7.jpg
So yeh 2 of 3 are basically just the normal suit but it's more about the fit and shape of superman here that I want in a suit. Image number 2 has a nice texture of sorts to it that I like..

Update the Reeves suit. Mainly just to differentiate it from the darkening of the suit the past three adaptations.

Cloth cape that flows(Thor in Ragnarok) with the S
Lace up military boots
Trunks look more in line with like a boxer’s wearing

Update the Reeves suit. Mainly just to differentiate it from the darkening of the suit the past three adaptations.

Lace up military boots
I have been thinking/wanting this look pre MOS but im starting to think it might not work I'm on the fence more than I use to be about it.
The closest I have seen to something like that is this image but it's drawn a bit frumpy.
Screenshot__.jpg

I have been thinking/wanting this look pre MOS but im starting to think it might not work I'm on the fence more than I use to be about it.
The closest I have seen to something like that is this image but it's drawn a bit frumpy.
View attachment 56020

Yeah that’s close to what I’m looking for. More homemade but also like it was sourced from different places as well.

A few extra embellishments on the blue parts of the suit.

The cape would drape differently and be longer.

Yeah that’s close to what I’m looking for. More homemade but also like it was sourced from different places as well.

A few extra embellishments on the blue parts of the suit.

The cape would drape differently and be longer.
I think if his top was tighter it would be better, the loose dangling part at the front throws me off. I think his posture also could do with a reworking to look a bit more powerful which would translate over to the suit.

Can find more of their work here.

Big fan of this S

Last edited:
Wasn't really sure where to put this as its an amalgamation of ideas about story/casting an what not so anyway, ill begin with saying I'm sick in bed and my photoshop skills are not up to scratch but use your imagination please folks :) :p

So some have discussed the idea of Supes in the Tee shirt and jeans approach so I thought I would combine that idea with an idea I has for how they could have Supes in The Batman or perhaps just a new live action approach to Supes. Does this mean its the only thing I want to see? Nope, but its one idea.

As a fresher, my idea was basically Clark has been alive for maybe 80 years and still looks to be in his 30s, After his folks passed away he fled Smallville and traveled the world doing heroic deeds and trying to keep his cover to not reveal his unique presence in the world.

There is word around the world of a Super man but its just a myth as he doesn't stay in one place long enough.

Clark doesn't know he is from Krypton and he doesn't work for the Daily Planet (yet), he is a bit of a loner for now but he isn't depressed or miserable, he wont stand for any injustices, he has innate sense of hope and positivity.

His powers include super strength say that of 10 strong men, he can hear roughly about 360ft, He is as 10x faster than the fastest Olympic runner with greater stamina. He can fly but its not an everyday thing as he even finds it a bit weird.

Now this is a ****ty Photoshop but if you could imagine the Logo looking better shopped into the shirt and the text with a nice regal gold texture and the S being... well looking better photoshopped.

kentsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Lace up military boots
I have always said, the suit needs to look home made - more of a uniform than an alien space suit.... MOS was as far as I wanted it, the sequels just butchered it and that cgi cape?? the brain knows material doesn't flow like that...

View attachment 56020

I've been saying or a long time that we basically need tweaked, modern version of the Kirk Allen suit..
images.jpeg

I had it so that Clark was in smallville, doing a favour for Lana, about to wrestle or portray the local strong man at a summer fete - maybe he was playing the role of the new comer to wrestle, challenge local smallville strong man Pete Ross. Suddenly, before he steps out, Clark hears a commotion a few miles out, he darts off - stops a derailed train... he's in the suit, it's all the crowds can look at, he looks like this cool hero, he flies off and then he realizes the superman persona was born.

He wears the Jeans and t shirt 70% of the time, but he patrols here and there to be a symbol of hope, for the kids....

unless it was a period Superman, first appearance powers etc, and done for fun, a Martha made suit would look ridiculous next to the HiTec JL outfits IMO. Campy.

Trunks are right out. No way they look current and could not be taken seriously at this point. There were legitimate reasons for designing Superman like that in 1938. Those days are gone IMO.

Wasn't really sure where to put this as its an amalgamation of ideas about story/casting an what not so anyway, ill begin with saying I'm sick in bed and my photoshop skills are not up to scratch but use your imagination please folks :) :p

So some have discussed the idea of Supes in the Tee shirt and jeans approach so I thought I would combine that idea with an idea I has for how they could have Supes in The Batman or perhaps just a new live action approach to Supes. Does this mean its the only thing I want to see? Nope, but its one idea.

As a fresher, my idea was basically Clark has been alive for maybe 80 years and still looks to be in his 30s, After his folks passed away he fled Smallville and traveled the world doing heroic deeds and trying to keep his cover to not reveal his unique presence in the world.

There is word around the world of a Super man but its just a myth as he doesn't stay in one place long enough.

Clark doesn't know he is from Krypton and he doesn't work for the Daily Planet (yet), he is a bit of a loner for now but he isn't depressed or miserable, he wont stand for any injustices, he has innate sense of hope and positivity.

His powers include super strength say that of 10 strong men, he can hear roughly about 360ft, He is as 10x faster than the fastest Olympic runner with greater stamina. He can fly but its not an everyday thing as he even finds it a bit weird.

Now this is a ****ty Photoshop but if you could imagine the Logo looking better shopped into the shirt and the text with a nice regal gold texture and the S being... well looking better photoshopped.

View attachment 56164

Reacher!

Very good fun.

unless it was a period Superman, first appearance powers etc, and done for fun, a Martha made suit would look ridiculous next to the HiTec JL outfits IMO. Campy.

Trunks are right out. No way they look current and could not be taken seriously at this point. There were legitimate reasons for designing Superman like that in 1938. Those days are gone IMO.
I think most of us talking about a new Supes suit are thinking of an entirely new superman film detached from the synder universe

No matter what version of Superman they make next, I’d really love the yellow S on the cape and a shorter length.

300AAA49-341A-4B03-A606-DC6C1E83AD79.jpeg

I think most of us talking about a new Supes suit are thinking of an entirely new superman film detached from the synder universe

Sure, but trunks are just not necessary in the suit. They are extraneous for a futuristic design. The RED draws attention to the groin which is a distraction IMO

TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS TRUNKS!!!!

200_s.gif

Trunks, the suit underneath clothes, glasses as disguise, Phone booth changing room. This things make no sense in real life but there is something so classic, quintessential, and charming about them that I just can't let go. those things are part of my Superman.

Trunks, the suit underneath clothes, glasses as disguise, Phone booth changing room. This things make no sense in real life but there is something so classic, quintessential, and charming about them that I just can't let go. those things are part of my Superman.

Sure... for me too, but they can be woven in subtle like so it's fun but not ridiculous...
15677702-838c-458b-b132-99f1b485aadb_text.gif

DHO4lha.gif

Last edited:
Sure... for me too, but they can be woven in subtle like so it's fun but not ridiculous...

DHO4lha.gif

This sequence could almost suggest Superman is a time traveller (or very long lived) and that he once operated in the 1930s when phone booths were a thing. But then he returns to earth and is still wearing the same 1930s clothing but realises that phone booths are no longer an actual booth anymore.

See this makes sense compared to whatever they were going for with that Flash cover.

I just finished Eternals and holy crap Ikaris's suit had so many similar ideas to what I have thought about in the past. Its got me thinking again about this approach to Supes outfit that I have been toying with for a while, plus some new ideas.

OK first idea. I think Supes suit should form around him, we all know the idea of him wearing it underneath his clothes and this idea would still work with that but it explains away how it fits underneath his regular clothes (cape and boots). So not only do I want it to form around him but I want it to be able to change fabric texture when needed... for example.

When Superman is in battle, his outfit would have a more sleek alien like texture to it, its not battle armor but its more so constructed from his mind with an idea of battle outfits that he has learnt about over the years... its just an instinctual thing, it wouldn't be anything elaborate, if anything it would be somewhere in between the MOS looking suit and the JJ Abrams suit.

But then say for example he needs to hug Lois or a child to give them comfort and safety, the suit would become more earthly woolen/cotton textured... it would be soft and comfortable to hug, it would feel like a comforting warm blanket in a time of need. This again would just be instinctual as Kal-El and his suit are in a way symbiotic (Don't think Venom).

I imagine a moment where he has brought Lois down to safety and she is hugging him and then she notices his suit is still in battle mode and then he has to quickly deflect something away from smashing into them.

So that's basically the new idea I had come up with that I would connect to my suit concept which you can get an idea of here.

Supermans Suit - Link to document describing the birth of the suit.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/alienanal87/superman-costume/

suitssss.jpg suitsss.jpg suitss.jpg

Whatever they do, I hope they don’t give him airbrushed abs. It looks dumb and unnatural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"