My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

Absolutely loving the yellow outline.

Yeah, it’s funny. When DC put a yellow outline around Batman’s logo a few years ago, I hated the design. Always felt like Batman went to work on his costume with a Bedazzler. But the yellow outline around Superman’s logo just works.

OK, I did a little experiment on the partial image of the S logo we got. ( the one snow covered)
It's most definitely curved.
Take any object that's straight and lay it on top of the bottom left of the image.
The outside lines of The S shield curve away from any straight object placed on top.
That's not a optical illusion. It's curved.
Try it.
Yup, I've said that along. Glad to see someone else finally join @flickchick85 and me. I remember when I called the first set photos from MOS as being on an oil rig right away and people kept debating it. :funny:
Wish they didn't use the snake skin suit. I hope it's round enough for FC
It's snakeskin. It is an imprint of a classic fabric weave called hopsack. It is meant to give the suit a fabric like texture from a distance.

Yup, I've said that along. Glad to see someone else finally join @flickchick85 and me. I remember when I called the first set photos from MOS as being on an oil rig right away and people kept debating it. :funny:

It's snakeskin. It is an imprint of a classic fabric weave called hopsack. It is meant to give the suit a fabric like texture from a distance.
I know what it it's meant to do, but I like other fabric textures. I genuinely prefer S:TM texture over the "snakeskin" texture. Incase it was misunderstood I was talking about the blue suit not the shield.

Yup, I've said that along. Glad to see someone else finally join @flickchick85 and me.
Listen, I'm grateful to have been gifted this rare ability to see the curves as they are. It has subsequently also granted me the ability to immediately spot a fake "leak" from a mile away, and this board clearly needs me. :supes:

Listen, I'm grateful to have been gifted this rare ability to see the curves as they are. It has subsequently also granted me the ability to immediately spot a fake "leak" from a mile away, and this board clearly needs me. :supes:
Your army is building! I do hope you win because a rounded shield will look good!

Good lord at the fake images of the suit on FB, and people are believing they are real.
Gunn needs to release an image of the actual suit asap, just to shut the Snyder cult the he11 up.

1a5c854e-4236-4c7f-8d6f-c59b838ce63d_text.gif

Well I definitely do not want it longer than Cavill's suit if that's what the Twitter user was asking him. The cape they used for stationary shots actually dragged along the floor, at least in BvS anyway because I always hated the shot of him walking into the courtroom with the cape trailing behind him.

Above the ankle, but below the knee, somewhere in that region, don't want it as short (or even shorter) than Reeve's.

Well I definitely do not want it longer than Cavill's suit if that's what the Twitter user was asking him. The cape they used for stationary shots actually dragged along the floor, at least in BvS anyway because I always hated the shot of him walking into the courtroom with the cape trailing behind him.
Typically, the cape only touched the floor. I.e., there weren’t extra inches of fabric being dragged behind like a bridal train or red-carpet evening gown.

Generally, I find a long cape looks majestic. Practical? No. But if practicality was the concern, there’d be no cape at all. :cwink:

tho a cape that long would be backward while he's walking around... it'd look pretty epic while he's hoovering

If anything, I'd want it shorter, and with the \S/ on back.

Above the ankle, but below the knee, somewhere in that region, don't want it as short (or even shorter) than Reeve's.

Same, Though I did like the long Cavill cape. As you stated it appeared too long in some shots, perhaps it was for dramatic effect. Somewhere between the ankle and calf muscle is my ideal length. I've never really been a fan of those short capes that are above the knee.

Reactions: B
Interesting Like from Safran's wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"