My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

Agreed. The lines and the S buckle.

So Superman's mom also makes the underwear on the outside of the suit? I know they from Kansas, but come on.

#nopantiesonthesuit
flexing-flex.gif

Muscle man who wore trunks... And slayed more than you could ever dream bald man. I don't see the problem with trunks. #realmenwearpanties

So Superman's mom also makes the underwear on the outside of the suit? I know they from Kansas, but come on.

#nopantiesonthesuit
I can see that being a "Mother" thing to do when making the suit, tho... like "oh that's a little tight in the crotch area better cover that up..." kind of awkward Mom moment lol
(like when you go pants shopping as a kid, an they'd always yell out some embarrassing)

I mean, yes, the trunks are very dated (original inspired by 1930's era circus Strong-Man look)
1709393994261.png

as for it being a homemade suit, maybe make it something meaningful...

like the shorts were his Father's(or even Grandfather's) old gym/boxing shorts or something (which would have that old timey look to them)

Last edited:
I can see that being a "Mother" thing to do when making the suit, tho... like "oh that's a little tight in the crotch area better cover that up..." kind of awkward Mom moment lol
(like when you go pants shopping as a kid, an they'd always yell out some embarrassing)

I mean, yes, the trunks are very dated (original inspired by 1930's era circus Strong-Man look)
View attachment 82017

as for it being a homemade suit, maybe make it something meaningful...

like the shorts were his father's(or even grandfather's) old gym/boxing shorts or something (which would have that old timey look to them
My Adventures with Superman nailed that moment with Martha and Clark. It was such a perfect character moment.

I am actually gravitating more and more to the idea that this suit is homemade by Martha out of Kryptonian fabric. The different elements all have the same hopsack fabric weave and are all connected together with sewn seam lines. It looks to me like very human homemade construction techniques being used to assemble advanced, otherworldly materials.

My Adventures with Superman nailed that moment with Martha and Clark. It was such a perfect character moment.

I am actually gravitating more and more to the idea that this suit is homemade by Martha out of Kryptonian fabric. The different elements all have the same hopsack fabric weave and are all connected together with sewn seam lines. It looks to me like very human homemade construction techniques being used to assemble advanced, otherworldly materials.
We need to cover Mr. Winkie. I don't need all of Kansas knowing how Super my little Man is. :o

This is one of my fave concepts currently floating around. At first I thought this might be official, because the piping/trim looks in a similar position as the ones in the official shield reveal but it turns out the artist (Felipe Illa) hasn't posted any official art from MCU or DCEU. The new shield looks sleek and futuristic, and Felipe's concept is an expansion of that vibe and tone. If it looks anything like this I'll be a happy camper!
GHrDAu3XYAAyx4P

flexing-flex.gif

Muscle man who wore trunks... And slayed more than you could ever dream bald man. I don't see the problem with trunks. #realmenwearpanties

This is a false equivalent, bald man. Arnold and co meant to accentuate their bodies and hard work etc. Unless, you sayin that's what ma' kent wants to do for her son as well. lawd. Underwear on the outside will always look damn funny to me. I also feel like this is the least of the things Gunn is worried about, but tis' funny to think about.

Last edited:
I really hope the full width shield has more curves that we can't see in the close up shot, because every mock up I see of it, makes the shield look so authoritarian.

I really hope the full width shield has more curves that we can't see in the close up shot, because every mock up I see of it, makes the shield look so authoritarian.
With the exception of the one posted by FC, I think the mock-ups are dead wrong. I think what we are getting is very close to the one on the left here:
5g1v3r4qxmlc1.png

For me, those outer curves go a long way to softening and humanizing the design.

One of my favorite scenes from Superman and Lois was when Clark was upset that his sons didn’t want to hang with him. He was telling Lois that when he was a teenager he would hang out with Martha. Lois almost laughed in his face.

I still find it odd that they gave him what is basically Routh's current emblem. I thought that they'd have a bit more fun with the symbol, making it a bit more old school.

I still find it odd that they gave him what is basically Routh's current emblem. I thought that they'd have a bit more fun with the symbol, making it a bit more old school.
I mean… it was one he wore for about 6 seconds in 2019. It’s not like he’s been wearing it week-in, week-out for all that time.

I honestly don't think anyone who sees this movie's emblem in 2025 is gonna think, "that looks just like the one Routh wore in that TV crossover several years back!" It looks like its own thing, imo.

I have a ton of nice things to say about Returns. It doesn’t totally work but it has way more positives than negatives.
I was never as down on it as most people, but I rewatched it recently and I was surprised by how inert the movie is. Superman's even less of a character than Batman was in Returns, and I'm shocked Marsden chose playing a stepdad over Cyclops. The plane sequence, score and overall aesthetic are all top notch, but the rest of the movie has nothing going for it. It's not offensively bad, just forgettable.

This is one of my fave concepts currently floating around. At first I thought this might be official, because the piping/trim looks in a similar position as the ones in the official shield reveal but it turns out the artist (Felipe Illa) hasn't posted any official art from MCU or DCEU. The new shield looks sleek and futuristic, and Felipe's concept is an expansion of that vibe and tone. If it looks anything like this I'll be a happy camper!
GHrDAu3XYAAyx4P
I dont mind that look. The trunks look very natural.

Also wouldnt mind something like this in terms of the "trunks"
1709497340080.png

Rouths emblem is still the Kingdom Come emblem. We've had an entirely new Superman since his 10min of COIE glory.

Funny thing about the trunks discussion is no one has ever made the attempt to actually make them trunks.one of the main things I loved about the way All Star Superman was drawn was the drape of his cape and the trunks were like boxing trunks.

Funny thing about the trunks discussion is no one has ever made the attempt to actually make them trunks.one of the main things I loved about the way All Star Superman was drawn was the drape of his cape and the trunks were like boxing trunks.
I have a similar sentiment. Making them look more look like boxer briefs evokes that classic strongman or athletic look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"