No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

yes of course there‘ll be - it’s the next movie and it was teased, that it ties to MoM.
But that end credit scene in the leak came out of nowhere with no development

Good thing it's just fanfiction then. :hehe:

Exclusive: Norman Osborn Is Coming To the Marvel Cinematic Universe In A Big Way - That Hashtag Show

What Marvel has wanted to do is explore Norman more; and without putting him in a Goblin outfit (at least not right away), start to peel back the layers of his villainy. This will take place over the next 3-5 years as Marvel begins to set him up as a major villain for both Spider-Man and The Avengers going forward.

It doesn't really say it, but if they are saying that he's going to be the Big Bad in Avengers 5, why the hell did Marvel Studios introduce Kang the Conqueror then? Also, who would be the big bad of the Sony movies then? This is why I doubt the validity of this.

So Marvel has a different actor in mind for the MCU Norman Osborn and have already made an offer to him. A prominent New Yorker?

:hmm

Exclusive: Norman Osborn Is Coming To the Marvel Cinematic Universe In A Big Way - That Hashtag Show

It doesn't really say it, but if they are saying that he's going to be the Big Bad in Avengers 5, why the hell did Marvel Studios introduce Kang the Conqueror then? Also, who would be the big bad of the Sony movies then? This is why I doubt the validity of this.

While I doubt the validity of this, having Kang does not preclude Marvel Studios from building up other big villains.

Last edited:
Never heard of The Hashtag Show before, so I don't know how reliable they are.

Whether The Hashtag's scoop is legitimate or not remains to be seen imo.

However, I do believe that if/when Osborn comes to the MCU, they aren't just gonna do the same thing that Sony did all over again.

He's gonna be a different type of guy with different motivations and ambitions.

So the idea of the political angle and Avengers support doesn't sound far fetched.

I wouldn't be shocked if this wasn't true. because we need to remember that this is Sony character so you probably couldn't expect Norman Osborn to be a regular in the MCU because the deal between the 2 studios will basically limit the usage of the Sony characters. unless they come up with a deal that involves alot of back and forth between characters for both Sony and Marvel. otherwise the deal isn't gonna be attractive to Sony profit-wise.

Last edited:
I would strongly prefer Peter meet his own version of Green Goblin from his Earth first before he meets up with the Raimi version. Him having already faced a version of Goblin before he meets one from his world just doesn’t sit right with me for some reason.

Never heard of The Hashtag Show before, so I don't know how reliable they are.
IIRC they broke accurate rumors about MIB:International, so there's a chance they have solid sources w/Sony.

And I would say that the recent news about contemporary Spider-man content finally moving to Disney+ would imply that Sony's finally cut the delusions of grandeur and are going to start playing along.

Hmmm, going by what ViewerAnon had to say about Willem Dafoe reprising Green Goblin, would that mean that Tom Holland's Spider-Man will theoretically encounter Raimiverse Norman before the MCU one played by a different actor?

One positive is that they could play up how different MCU Norman could be in comparison by going the methodical politician route and maybe not become the Goblin.

But I'm just speculating. I'm not taking that scoop as 100% true just yet.

If they really are gonna have two Norman's, I think it would be pretty cool if Peter meets his Osborn first, and he's nice, and developing a relationship with him. Then he meets the Raimiverse Osborn/GG, and is then in a really big debacle -- seeing what his Norman could/might/will (potentially) become, but of course not believing, or wanting to believe, or endlessly questioning if it'll happen with his Norman, or questioning if his kindness is a facade, or genuine, etc...

I think that would be a really interesting/fun/dramatic route to potentially take

Maybe even his Norman helps him take down the multi-verse S6 (led by Raimi Norman), and helps him using his own inventions/tech (goblin-esque stuff), then this obviously opens the door for a later story/event to take place where he somehow turns villain

I have never seen the word if so much in a single thread.

I would strongly prefer Peter meet his own version of Green Goblin from his Earth first before he meets up with the Raimi version. Him having already faced a version of Goblin before he meets one from his world just doesn’t sit right with me for some reason.

There's so much to do with the mcu Spider-man that is just broken at this stage, but if they pull off a slow burn with their Norman Osborn then I can overlook that if the end product is good. I'm just worried that they will pull a TASM2 where it's just awkward and unnatural introducing him and his son Harry late in the game only to force through some bizarre plan.

I think it would be better this time round to introduce the mcu Harry as though they've just met and not as though they were childhood friends we never knew of. That way you dispense with some baggage and can establish that Peter and Harry's friendship as it develops. Harry could be the one that then introduces Peter to Norman.

I'm not taking these rumors seriously until ViewerAnon corroborates them.

Any chance we bring over the Flash Thompson in the Andrew Garfield Spider Man movies?

So Marvel has a different actor in mind for the MCU Norman Osborn and have already made an offer to him. A prominent New Yorker?

:hmm

Lately a prominent New Yorker makes me think of Ethan Hawke. I've seen a few interviews where he proudly talks about living in Hells Kitchen and New York etc etc.

Unless he's playing Norman Osborn in Moon Knight (and on the assumption that this is verified), I don't think it's him.

I think the simple fact that we've gotten no casting confirmation of any new villains signals that this movie is going to heavily feature the prior movie villains as the antagonists. I think is someone was cast as Kraven or someone new we would've heard about it.

There's so much to do with the mcu Spider-man that is just broken at this stage, but if they pull off a slow burn with their Norman Osborn then I can overlook that if the end product is good. I'm just worried that they will pull a TASM2 where it's just awkward and unnatural introducing him and his son Harry late in the game only to force through some bizarre plan.

I think it would be better this time round to introduce the mcu Harry as though they've just met and not as though they were childhood friends we never knew of. That way you dispense with some baggage and can establish that Peter and Harry's friendship as it develops. Harry could be the one that then introduces Peter to Norman.
For sure. In the comics, after all, Pete didn't meet Harry until college. Introduce the Osborns naturally and then do a Dark Reign-style slow build of turning the MCU Norman into the Goblin. Perhaps, if the Multiverse is going to be central to this next era of the MCU, we could even have a cliffhanger of Dafoe finding some way to haunt his MCU counterpart, driving him towards villainy. You could really engage in a lot of great story-telling on free-will and destiny with something like that.

And (discarding the casting rumor for now) Matthew Lillard and Alex Lawther would kill as the Osborns.

tumblr_ly0lj5Cr0J1qbifwuo1_500.gif

8b87d1892d3be75152df4559c029bf2d7b3de479.gif

For sure. In the comics, after all, Pete didn't meet Harry until college. Introduce the Osborns naturally and then do a Dark Reign-style slow build of turning the MCU Norman into the Goblin. Perhaps, if the Multiverse is going to be central to this next era of the MCU, we could even have a cliffhanger of Dafoe finding some way to haunt his MCU counterpart, driving him towards villainy. You could really engage in a lot of great story-telling on free-will and destiny with something like that.

And (discarding the casting rumor for now) Matthew Lillard and Alex Lawther would kill as the Osborns.

tumblr_ly0lj5Cr0J1qbifwuo1_500.gif

8b87d1892d3be75152df4559c029bf2d7b3de479.gif
That kid (well both) from The End Of The ****ing World are going to be so great in the next 10 years.

if there’ll be a Green Goblin again, I hope he’ll be a real mutated goblin and not a guy in a suit.

Like Dan de Haan, but in a better way, wich Marvel Studios can deliver
upload_2021-4-30_11-49-24.jpeg

Honestly, I don't want another actor playing Green Goblin. There's no topping Dafoe.

Honestly if its true they are introducing a new Osborn i think

1. He won't be green goblin at all. The reason being Marvel have tried to do things differently with their use of characters. and often like to defy expectations. annoyingly at times.

2. There won't be a slow build with him because Sony would have to allow Marvel multiple uses of the character for multiple Marvel only projects and i imagine Sony would have to get something out of it also.

3. If they use Harry he will be a veerrry different character. again, defying expectations.

I could see Green Golbin being in SM3 because if its true they are getting Defoe back then they probably have a reason to do a throwback.

Marvel doesn't try to replace what come before in whatever franchise. they often try and do something very different. even if its nothing like the comics. and people ussually eat it up. so hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"