Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

Can’t wait for this. Blade is one of the greatest Marvel films to this day. I have to say though, the original benefited a lot from the R-rating.

Mahershala is great and about as good of a choice as you can have. But 90s Snipes was a FORCE. I don’t anticipate this will be better than the original, but I look forward to seeing Blade alongside other heroes.

1lbhcnmkbop91.jpg

Yes....actual Cleveland. Not "let's make this film take place in Cleveland but we are actually shooting on a soundstage in Atlanta or Los Angeles and we'll just CGI Cleveland onto the set"

Jeff Sneider says the script is 90 pages long and features only two lackluster action scenes. Mahershala Ali is pissed and Feige is spread too thin according to Sneider.

mAybE tHey’Ll hiRe SpIKe LeE!1!

How possibly it is to have a movie ready for theater14 months later when filming hasn’t started and probably won’t start over next 2 months? So even if filming starts in November, it will have 12 months from filming to post production, is it enough time for a film like this? Just asking since I have no idea on production time required for a blockbuster.

Since Marvel has a pretty good track record of delivering projects it set out to do, I am less concerned about it being canned but I feel a delay maybe on the cards.

Yep, explains why we haven’t heared some casting news at D23.

Jeff Sneider says the script is 90 pages long and features only two lackluster action scenes. Mahershala Ali is pissed and Feige is spread too thin according to Sneider.
Feige getting spread too thin has always been my worry with so many projects in the works, especially the Disney+ shows. Still think they could stand to lose a few shows to cut down on all the stuff on his and Marvel's plate. With the start of production looming, no director, and script issues, I'm not sure this makes its current release date.

4 movies a year is something they should stop aiming. They’ll never be able to helm this again. 2021 being an exception because of the pandemic and NWH not being a MCU only movie

There can also be no shedule conflicts for Mahersala Ali, which could result to shift this to another phase…and then again Mahersala Ali is almost 50.

Last edited:
4 movies a year is something they should stop aiming. They’ll never be able to helm this again. 2021 being an exception because of the pandemic and NWH not being a MCU only movie
I think they need to get back to 3 films a year and maybe 4 series a year. 4 films and 5 series per year is just way too much for them.

and those 3 movies should be spread a bit more: February, May and November would be fine. Not everything within 6 months and then followed by a 6 months gap (though May-November is 6 months gap). Or February, May and September (since Shang Chi did so well)

Yeah I can see this being delayed unless they have another director lined up but the script issues may even put paid to that.

I think they should stop using Disney+ shows to introduce new characters and only do shows if they they are multiple seasons like Loki or Ms. Marvel. None of this “limited series” crap. This will help weed out the excess fat they have. Also, put more of a emphasis on the movies again. You can do 4 movies a year as long as you scale back the Disney+ shows. I’m afraid Feige will get burnt out and just leave.

I feel like this news got buried underneath the Hugh Jackman returning in Deadpool 3 news.

Feige spread too thin? Maybe he shouldn't be doing 4 movies a year and 1200 disney+ shows in development
I feel like this news got buried underneath the Hugh Jackman returning in Deadpool 3 news.
The news also didn't break until 11:30est

Jeff Sneider also said the new Candyman was going to be terrible, the Sandman show on Netflix was going to be awful and that the new The Rings of Power was going to be terrible, etc.

This guy never gets anything right. Why do you still keep following this guy and his “inside scoops”?

However, I do agree that a lot of stuff on the MCU slate needs to be pushed back a year or two, and some stuff needs to be either removed or put on the back burner until they can figure out a better way to produce and release stuff that doesn’t stress out or overburden it’s production crew/writers/directors/VFX people.

I love the MCU as much as the next guy, but its getting ridiculous.

I mean it’s not outside the realm of possibility that Feige is spread too thin.

But Blade shouldn’t be an action spectacle anyway. It should lean into the horror vibe and make it more atmospheric and creepy. We don’t need a 1 vs 1 fight to end the movie like we got with the original trilogy.

I mean it’s not outside the realm of possibility that Feige is spread too thin.

But Blade shouldn’t be an action spectacle anyway. It should lean into the horror vibe and make it more atmospheric and creepy. We don’t need a 1 vs 1 fight to end the movie like we got with the original trilogy.

If anything, Feige will probably be more spread thin once he starts working on Star Wars.

Perhaps Werewolf By Night could give us an indication of the tone MCU Blade could have?

Jeff Sneider also said the new Candyman was going to be terrible, the Sandman show on Netflix was going to be awful and that the new The Rings of Power was going to be terrible, etc.

This guy never gets anything right. Why do you still keep following this guy and his “inside scoops”?

However, I do agree that a lot of stuff on the MCU slate needs to be pushed back a year or two, and some stuff needs to be either removed or put on the back burner until they can figure out a better way to produce and release stuff that doesn’t stress out or overburden it’s production crew/writers/directors/VFX people.

I love the MCU as much as the next guy, but its getting ridiculous.
He was kinda right about the Rings of Power…

He was kinda right about the Rings of Power…

Agree to disagree, but the point still stands that a lot of his “scoops” are rooted in supposed hearsay from unconfirmed, biased sources and not actual fact. As a result, this Jeff Sneider person has accumulated nowhere near enough of a decent track record to be trusted as a reliable source for movie news and stuff going on behind the scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"