Blade Official Blade General Discussion and Speculation Thread!

Wonder what the circumstances were for this change. Was it like with Edgar Wright, or just a scheduling conflict? Because it's not just the director, apparently Marvel's looking for a new writer, as well.

This is definitely getting delayed.

Agree to disagree, but the point still stands that a lot of his “scoops” are rooted in supposed hearsay from unconfirmed, biased sources and not actual fact. As a result, this Jeff Sneider person has accumulated nowhere near enough of a decent track record to be trusted as a reliable source for movie news and stuff going on behind the scenes.

He wasn't ever a fan of superhero films and got annoyed whenever they had to talk about it when he was on Collider Movie Talk years ago. It didn't matter if it was MCU or DC or neither, he always got annoyed by them on Movie Talk. His preference was non superhero/non sci fi movies and was more than happy to talk about those movies on Movie Talk. He was happy when talking Tarantino, Scorsese or Coppola but got annoyed when he had to talk about any Marvel, Star Wars or DC movie.

They also had big names for F4…and it ended with Matt Shankman. Though I’m okay with Shankman directing, a big name could also mean the director for a MCU series, like Moon Knight, Bertie & Bertie or Kate Herron.

I'm half expecting Michael Giacchino to take over. I doubt it would happen but I also wouldn't be surprised either.

Maybe WBN is pretty awesome (don’t trust a lot critics now, because they’re mostly payed influencers). If so, than I’m fine with it

This is totally MA idea to make this movie and I bet he won’t leave. But he’s a busy actor and I bet he doesn’t keep his shedule open forever. If it won’t get made in the next months, then probably not in the next 2 years

I hope Ali doesn’t leave!!!! :csad:

Same here. Especially since Ali himself called Fiege after he won his Oscar and talked about how much he wanted to play Blade. It's pretty much a passion project and why they didn't cast a younger actor.

Kind of funny that She-Hulk probably introduced the first vampire (and Blade villain) in the MCU.
Saracen is a very ancient vampire in the comics, but also pretty inconsequential.
VeogSrJ.png

Wonder what the circumstances were for this change. Was it like with Edgar Wright, or just a scheduling conflict? Because it's not just the director, apparently Marvel's looking for a new writer, as well.
At least publically they're saying scheduling conflict and Tariq is still on board to executive produce.

As for writers, Beau DeMayo just moved to Atlanta a couple of days for a new writing job which people are speculating is for Blade. He has also written for Moon Knight, The Witcher, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and is the lead writer and executive producer for X-Men '97.

Last edited:
I read Chad Stahelski expressed interest in directing to Feige once. I think his style from John Wick would translate very well to Blade. If he isn’t busy with John Wick 5, I’d snap him up. The original Blades were known for their stylish action. It be a great way to set Blade apart from the rest of the MCU.

I hope Ali doesn’t leave!!!! :csad:

If he does, I suspect that will kill the entire project. Seems like Feige only greenlit this because Ali was enthusiastic about rebooting Blade and pitched it. I don't think Blade would be getting an MCU reboot otherwise.

If he does, I suspect that will kill the entire project. Seems like Feige only greenlit this because Ali was enthusiastic about rebooting Blade and pitched it. I don't think Blade would be getting an MCU reboot otherwise.
That's not true. They were already trying to figure out how to reboot Blade when he approached them to let them know he was interested.

Yahoo is part of the Yahoo family of brands

Edit, not sure why the url looks like that.

Given the director's statement I'm leaning towards "creative differences" on this one. Which is a shame, as the replacement writer is extremely underwhelming (he worked on The Originals, Moon Knight & Star Trek: BNW).

This will probably end up as just another corporate, mildly entertaining product like most of the MCU has been for the last couple years. And given this writer's work on Moon Knight, I don't see any way this will be R-rated.

Given the director's statement I'm leaning towards "creative differences" on this one. Which is a shame, as the replacement writer is extremely underwhelming (he worked on The Originals, Moon Knight & Star Trek: BNW).

This will probably end up as just another corporate, mildly entertaining product like most of the MCU has been for the last couple years. And given this writer's work on Moon Knight, I don't see any way this will be R-rated.

Weren't both of those well-received? At least in the case of Star Trek, I hear it's the best of the current Paramount-era Star Trek series'.

Weren't both of those well-received? At least in the case of Star Trek, I hear it's the best of the current Paramount-era Star Trek series'.
Perhaps, I just know personally I didn't enjoy them. BNW is better than most of the other Trek shows, but it still isn't good to me.

Really don't see this making the Feb 2024 release date, much less Nov 2023.

Would hate to see this project get scrapped.

All of this can easily be solved if they hired Timo Tjahjanto to direct but they wont because they're cowards.

But yeah, imagine this but with Blade

You know, I think Jeymes Samuel would fit Blade as well.

I doubt MA will remain Blade if this needs another 3 years.

I can't wait to see Blade in the year 2.

I know the tweet is probably an error, but still. Just funny.

I think that’s good. A year between Kangs Dynasty and Secret Wars. 2 more films to set up the characters involved in Secret Wars (Blade and the February 26 movie - probably Shang Chi 2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"