General Trek Talk Official Star Trek Discussion Thread

i cant omagine anyone ther than shatner and nimpy playing kirk and spock

Well try and imagine Matt Damon and Ben Affleck as Kirk and Spock. I'll give ya 5 minutes to deal with that image.

Matt Damon is Jason Bourne, not Kirk. :mad: :( :ghost:

I love Star Trek... the TNG series IMO is probably the best, but of course, it wouldn't exist without the original Star Trek...

lars573 said:
Well try and imagine Matt Damon and Ben Affleck as Kirk and Spock. I'll give ya 5 minutes to deal with that image.

Affleck: Captain, for the love of Christ, I have the exact same tone when i'm angry as when i'm happy, but I mean it when I say Klingons off the starboard bow!

Damon: Maaaaatt Day-mawn

:down:mad:

Capt.Sisko was the best damn Captain for the Fanchise

I say they need to bring in a new star trek BUT it's based on the army rather then the scientist

like a mash/star trek

Mash for the series side not the comedy

and it was be based on the federations first war.. with the Romulans

Chuck_the_bear said:
Capt.Sisko was the best damn Captain for the Fanchise

I say they need to bring in a new star trek BUT it's based on the army rather then the scientist

like a mash/star trek

Mash for the series side not the comedy

and it was be based on the federations first war.. with the Romulans

You know, maybe its the Scotch i'm drinking at 11 in the morning, but I like the sound of that...

I dont like it at all, I prefer Trek as its meant to be, about exploration.

Happenstance said:
I dont like it at all, I prefer Trek as its meant to be, about exploration.

Agreed. It was the scotch talking

Kaboom said:
i cant omagine anyone ther than shatner and nimpy playing kirk and spock

I'm sorry but did you just say "Nimpy"!? I know its just a typo, but "Leonard Nimpy"!? HAHA!! That's funny!!

well see, the exploration has been done for too long
Admit it when Exterprise had the military on the ship when the aliens attacked earth you watched it more..
and when the Domenian in DS9 federation wen tot war it got ratings

so I say BRING ON THE FREDERATION ARMY

Actually the ratings dropped more during the war with the dominion and have never gone back up to those seen in TNG throughout the rest of the series.

Dont just assume that because you like all of the more militaristic parts of Star Trek that everyone else did.

Star Trek is all about exploration. That's their main appeal. And along the way, they encounter conflict. How can you have Star Trek without exploration?

Gotta agree, the exploration is what drives the character development/tension of the show. If DS9 hadn't explored the Gamma Quadrant, we wouldn't have gotten the Dominion War, If TNG hadn't been out exploring, the Borg wouldn't have come a calling (I don't accept the Enterprise episode as cannon... it was lame).

Personally I want something that combines the two, however in a movie the focus is always going to lean more towards the action than the exploration, because there simply isn't enough time.

Chuck_the_bear said:
Admit it when Exterprise had the military on the ship when the aliens attacked earth you watched it more..

you have no idea what star trek is about do you?

I do
I've watched star trek sence I was a kid from the series premire TNG to Enterprise..

Star Trek rules! Huge fan of TNG and Voyager. Enterprise was okay. I'm starting to get into Deep Space nine but sometimes I see things I don't like. and I don't like the fact that they made warf and obrien fight each other. and I really don't like how warf let a million people die to save his wife. they sort of completely rewrote his character in that one episode. The Next Generation Warf never would have dishonored his duty like that, nor let a million people die just to save one person even if it was his wife or even his own life.

Danger Mouse said:
Star Trek is all about exploration. That's their main appeal. And along the way, they encounter conflict. How can you have Star Trek without exploration?
I agree... When I watch Star Trek, I watch it for the space exploration, not the integalactic wars. Sure, they're fun and all, but for me it was WAY overdone in DS9. It's darker and more depressing, and that's why I dont like it.

Chuck_the_bear said:

I always liked it better when Pricard gave a great speech took a big risk, and saved the peace without even a sinlge explosion. it was always much more inspiring than the battle cry and blown up enemy.

I saw in a caption in the paper today, that Cate Blanchet has auditioned for the new trek prequel. Any thoughts on that? She's a pretty solid actress, any ideas as to what her role is?

Sentry2005 said:
Poo :( I was, for some reason, hoping for a film where they maybe merged TNG and DS9, in as much as some of th DS9-ers joined the TNG crew, now that Riker has left and such... ho hum.

What I was thinking was go the reverse of how they do it normally, and kick off a new ST series with a movie. Have it set on the Titan with Riker as the captain, introduce the new crew with their first big mission, then start up the new series based on that.

How many times do you guys watch your star trek DVDs, I have all of the TNG,DS9,VOY, and Enterprise but have seen all of them about 1 year ago and I am thinking of watching from TNG to Enterprise again but is it too soon should I just wait another year and leave 2 year gap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"