Official UFC Thread - Part 8

WTF???!!! LMAO!!!
Utter horse****. The first three rounds were not even close. Jones talking about the 5th round, it doesn't matter. He lost the first three. The crowd knows it, and is killing him.

Utter horse****. The first three rounds were not even close. Jones talking about the 5th round, it doesn't matter. He lost the first three.
Yeah. **** that. LMAO at the judge giving Jones 49-46. Just straight up robbery.

My cardio improved just by watching that fight.

I thought Reyes edged it. But that's the peculiar thing with championship fights, close decisions, like this one, usually end up with the champion winning because the challenger didn't win "convincingly".

Last edited:
I just watched it, I had Reyes winning 3-2

The Jones/Reyes was never a robbery, that word gets thrown about so much when fans don't get the decision they want it loses all it's meaning.

I only saw the fight on Saturday but I'd like to watch it again to see if my opinion changes, but I had Reyes just about winning 3 rounds to 2, I could however easily have seen why someone might have given Jones 3 rounds to 2 because none of those early 'Reyes' rounds were blowouts.

The biggest issue was the judge that scored it 4 rounds to 1 in favour of Jones. This was a fight that was won by 1 round at most.

My general rule of thumb is because there's no 10-10 rounds in MMA (& there arguably should be) if there are 2 close rounds in which I am having trouble deciding who won, I'd give 1 to each guy & move on.

Looks like Conor could be back in a bit of trouble today lol

What happened with Conor?

The Jones/Reyes was never a robbery, that word gets thrown about so much when fans don't get the decision they want it loses all it's meaning.

I only saw the fight on Saturday but I'd like to watch it again to see if my opinion changes, but I had Reyes just about winning 3 rounds to 2, I could however easily have seen why someone might have given Jones 3 rounds to 2 because none of those early 'Reyes' rounds were blowouts.

The biggest issue was the judge that scored it 4 rounds to 1 in favour of Jones. This was a fight that was won by 1 round at most.

My general rule of thumb is because there's no 10-10 rounds in MMA (& there arguably should be) if there are 2 close rounds in which I am having trouble deciding who won, I'd give 1 to each guy & move on.
To me, when someone clearly wins 3 rounds in a 5 round fight, unless we get some 10-8 going the other way, it is a robbery. The first three rounds are not close. All Bones has going for him is walking forward. Reyes is the one doing damage, and controlling the fight with his striking. A blowout is not necessary for a round to be clearly for a fighter. It is those expectations that allow for really bad judging to happen in the first place.

To me, when someone clearly wins 3 rounds in a 5 round fight, unless we get some 10-8 going the other way, it is a robbery. The first three rounds are not close. All Bones has going for him is walking forward. Reyes is the one doing damage, and controlling the fight with his striking. A blowout is not necessary for a round to be clearly for a fighter. It is those expectations that allow for really bad judging to happen in the first place.

I'll have to watch the fight again, but at the time I had Reyes winning rounds 1-3 & Jones winning 4-5.

The round it probably came down to was the 3rd because if I recall that was the closest one of the first three because Reyes started to fade & slow down.

I'll have to watch the fight again, but at the time I had Reyes winning rounds 1-3 & Jones winning 4-5.

The round it probably came down to was the 3rd because if I recall that was the closest one of the first three because Reyes started to fade & slow down.
I want to say the third was even more clear then the second, but I would have to watch it again.

But beyond that, MMA judging is just so bad. Like with boxing, I get when it sometimes. Even when it is trash, I can see some arguments. But because MMA has a lot of judges who straight crossover from boxing or just don't know MMA, a lot of the scores in fights that aren't blow outs are so bad. One judge had it 49-46 Jones, and I don't know how that is possible.

UFC 247: Controversial Judging Is The Story Of Saturday’s PPV [UPDATED]

I want to say the third was even more clear then the second, but I would have to watch it again.

But beyond that, MMA judging is just so bad. Like with boxing, I get when it sometimes. Even when it is trash, I can see some arguments. But because MMA has a lot of judges who straight crossover from boxing or just don't know MMA, a lot of the scores in fights that aren't blow outs are so bad. One judge had it 49-46 Jones, and I don't know how that is possible.

UFC 247: Controversial Judging Is The Story Of Saturday’s PPV [UPDATED]

Might have been, I'd need to watch it again I was half asleep watching it because as you know it was about 5am by the time the main event started here. I didn't think he'd won all 3 convincingly but had done enough.

The 49-46 scorecard was ridiculous. No way Jones won 4 rounds, I could maybe see 3 but not 4.

Jones himself doesn't even agree with that score
The way Jones was talking after the fight, you could tell Jones felt a certain way about this fight. Not sure he believes he lost, but he also felt very determined to make sure you thought he won. It was interesting.

Round 3 was the one that can be disputed imo. I've still only watched it once but I had the first three Reyes and last two Jones. I guess I could see someone giving Jones 3-5.

Though Jones clearly won round 5 and had there been a round 6 I've no doubt Jones would have finished him. He was just fresher.

All in all I can't wait till they run it back. It'll be exciting

Round 3 wasn't close at all. Jones move forward like most of the fight, but that does not count for anything because Reyes was still doing damage and landing more strikes. In the rounds won by Reyes (1-3), Round 3 ranks 2nd in strike differential. The fight was mostly a striking game, and since Reyes quite clearly won the first 3 rounds while landing more strikes in total, he should have won. Jones was having difficulty explaining his win because he knew he lost. His take downs also did not do any damage.

The commentary was funny, though. Joe and co were constantly harping about Jones. The replay after the fight showed more of Jones than Reyes. Then, a 180 when the decision was made. :argh:

Round 3 was the one that can be disputed imo. I've still only watched it once but I had the first three Reyes and last two Jones. I guess I could see someone giving Jones 3-5.

Though Jones clearly won round 5 and had there been a round 6 I've no doubt Jones would have finished him. He was just fresher.

All in all I can't wait till they run it back. It'll be exciting
I disagree. Round 3 wasn't close, despite clear signs of Reyes slowing down.

reyes whipped that clowns ass all through rounds 1 thru 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"