Official UFC Thread - Part 8

Dana is coming off really bad with all this. I don't get why he keeps setting himself up to be made to look like a craven liar.

Dana is coming off really bad with all this. I don't get why he keeps setting himself up to be made to look like a craven liar.

There are people who have criticized Vince McMahon for doing the same thing, but.....the WWE is doing tapings in bulk now and will take several weeks off before doing it again. Dana wanted to go live with each event.

There are people who have criticized Vince McMahon for doing the same thing, but.....the WWE is doing tapings in bulk now and will take several weeks off before doing it again. Dana wanted to go live with each event.
Vince has at least delivered the shows. Dana is getting all the criticism for putting on the shows, without actually putting on the shows. So he is pissing everyone off.

Vince has at least delivered the shows. Dana is getting all the criticism for putting on the shows, without actually putting on the shows. So he is pissing everyone off.

This is true. He has delivered on the shows.

Dana White has said that the island will go on.

tumblr_inline_pt9m5dsuEA1r6vmng_400.gif

Not fight island, but looks like we are getting more fights soon. Thanks to Vince McMahon.

UFC returns May 9 with first of 3 cards in Florida

Ugh.. not sure I like the idea of no fans in the arena. I watched a few clips of WWE with no audience & while it has its moments of being fine with no audience, you need fans there to blow the roof off if someone does something amazing.

Why's Khabib not fighting Ferguson? The Gaethje ****e was only because Khabib pulled out originally of 249, again, because of uncertainty over the venue etc. Now they've got a venue, he's got the clearance to travel as well apparently, so I don't get why he's not fighting Ferguson.

Ugh.. not sure I like the idea of no fans in the arena. I watched a few clips of WWE with no audience & while it has its moments of being fine with no audience, you need fans there to blow the roof off if someone does something amazing.

Why's Khabib not fighting Ferguson? The Gaethje ****e was only because Khabib pulled out originally of 249, again, because of uncertainty over the venue etc. Now they've got a venue, he's got the clearance to travel as well apparently, so I don't get why he's not fighting Ferguson.
I think it might be because Khabib stopped training and thus put on a nice bit of weight. Which makes sense. He didn't think he was fighting so he started eating non-training camp food. He probably could make weight and be "ready" to fight for May 9th, but he probably doesn't want to risk weak legs from trying to make weight.

I think it might be because Khabib stopped training and thus put on a nice bit of weight. Which makes sense. He didn't think he was fighting so he started eating non-training camp food. He probably could make weight and be "ready" to fight for May 9th, but he probably doesn't want to risk weak legs from trying to make weight.

I read an article that the main reason Khabib wouldn't have been able to fight beyond April 18th is because he's observing Ramadan which will keep him shelved for 75 days, 30 days for Ramadan & 45 to recover.

September will probably be the next time he's physically capable of fighting.

Last edited:
1,200 tests for 300 people? Seems like they could have given those tests to frontliners or workers in industries deemed essential.

Anyway, i'll be watching. Didn't know how stacked this card was.

1,200 tests for 300 people? Seems like they could have given those tests to frontliners or workers in industries deemed essential.

I think these are private test ordered by the company. The administration is purposely limiting testing to avoid showing more positives so they'd sadly have no use for them.

I will be watching as well. Hope to see you in here during or after the fights to hear your thoughts. :up:

And we have our first positive:

Souza tests positive for virus; out of UFC 249

I wonder how many people he interacted with during fight week...

A lot I'd imagine, I was watching some of the behind the scenes stuff at the weigh ins & Souza was one of the only fighters I saw that had a mask & gloves on in every clip that I saw. I only mention that because apparently if an infected person is wearing appropriate PPE it supposedly drastically reduces the chances of transmission to around 5%.. and if both are wearing PPE it goes down to 1%.

So I've read anyway, take that with a pinch of salt, I saw a graphic somewhere... probably in the Coronavirus thread.

I think these are private test ordered by the company. The administration is purposely limiting testing to avoid showing more positives so they'd sadly have no use for them.

I will be watching as well. Hope to see you in here during or after the fights to hear your thoughts. :up:

They would be private tests presumably handled by the UFC's own doctors & medical teams no doubt.

I assume those 1,200 tests were just fight week, so basically that means you're tested & as soon as your results are in which is apparently 24-48 hours, they're already getting their next test to make sure they've not contracted it somehow which Souza unfortunately did. It seems very thorough, the only way this all backfires & could prevent immediate future events would be if after the event they get back multiple positive tests from their weigh in/pre-fight tests.

A lot I'd imagine, I was watching some of the behind the scenes stuff at the weigh ins & Souza was one of the only fighters I saw that had a mask & gloves on in every clip that I saw. I only mention that because apparently if an infected person is wearing appropriate PPE it supposedly drastically reduces the chances of transmission to around 5%.. and if both are wearing PPE it goes down to 1%.

So I've read anyway, take that with a pinch of salt, I saw a graphic somewhere... probably in the Coronavirus thread.

Brett Okamoto from ESPN said that Jacare notified UFC management when he first arrived saying he had contact with someone who had it and they immediately quarantined him and made him took the test in quarantine.

Amanda Nunes was supposed to defend her 145 championship against Felicia Spencer, but she backed out because she claimed she didn't have a proper training camp but her coach said she had an injury. Rumored to be taking place next month.

Brett Okamoto from ESPN said that Jacare notified UFC management when he first arrived saying he had contact with someone who had it and they immediately quarantined him and made him took the test in quarantine.

He was in contact at least with Werdum, who isn't actually on the card but there was a clip of him doing the rounds with Souza from the weigh in & he definitely wasn't in quarantine or adhering to social distancing in the clip however he was wearing a mask & gloves if that's sufficient.

I'm actually lying through my teeth, Werdum is on the card, I thought he was in UFC 250

Predictions for tonight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"